Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,116
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dave Davidson1, jpsdad), 719 guests, and 204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Thanks for the updates. it sounds like everyone is doing all they can. I will pray for strength all of you as well as Matt.

Just do it...
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Neighbors Helping Neighbors had a meeting last night and we are in the process of placing Matt and family on our prayer list. We have some people that are very strong in this area, if you can understand my wording. Our members desire to reach out to help and pray for those in need. We had a good discussion on helping others and they feel there our more that need our prayers that are not receiving. We do open the prayer to cover others but we desire to be more exact. Pond Boss has allowed me to use their forum recently for prayer request and it is appreciated so we desire to return the favor that was extended to our group.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
A little update from Mom

Keep prayers and positive thoughts going for Matt. He got sick at rehab today. Also, he has been having difficulty with his vision. He has an appointment on Dec 7th. His MRI is Dec 2nd. Added a Halloween picture and a picture of Matt in his Chiefs Jersey Coach Argraves sent to him.

Please keep Lori Johnson in your prayers. She is in Hospice as of Friday.

Peace - Light & Love ~ Always, Shari for the Hernan Family!

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
The most recent update says Matt took 2 steps yesterday! And they're raising money to get him a Wii. We have one and play it all the time. They're great.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Thanks Omaha here is the post

WOW! Matt is BLESSED - our family is BLESSED! An Apple laptop battery was purchased last night for Matt. Thank you Grandma Dee, Grandpa Tom and Aunt Traci for taking care of this for Matthew! Having this will help Matthew progress communicating! Thank you for the overwhelming response! You ALL ARE AMAZING! I wish I could hug each one of you for 'being there' for Matt and our family in any way you can. We are truly touched by the continued love, support & prayers. (it was weird - I didn't even know Bob posted the info)

MOM - (Nonnie) Your Guestbook post is appreciated. We LOVE YOU A BIG WHOLE BUNCH!

So, here is some totally awesome news - are you ready? Matt took 2 steps yesterday. With equipment and therapist help! Right leg better than the left of course - but, we are remembering...'baby steps'!

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan's 4

PS...Traci is working on a Fund Raiser - a Raffle for a ' wii ' ! Details will be posted soon.

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Another update from Mom

You all know - Matt is on one HECK of a ROLLER COASTER, RIGHT? Yesterday was no exception! Well...yesterday - it's a big possibility he had a seizure while at Therapy. Matt has 2 doctor's appointments - one with a MD and one with a Neurologist. It's a DRAG! Matt has really never had seizures that we know of. Maybe before he was diagnosed in May 2006. Matt stayed home today and we all 'tried' to rest. He is doing ok right now.

We were called - with an anonymous donation of an AWESOME Hospital Bed. A person that needs a bed that does percussions, so, he heard about Matt and wanted him to have his old bed. The bed has side rails (yes) that should help with some of Matt's fears. It was delivered yesterday - but, it couldn't be brought in because the delivery people didn't have enough 'man-power' and the equipment to bring it up the stairs. They will be bringing it back possibly by Monday.

Yesterday I got to enjoy a birthday gift certificate. A wonderful massage (my 2nd massage EVER) and lunch out! Thank you Katherine & Darcy! Katherine is also the massage therapist who came over to give Matt a hand & foot massage and Bob a back massage about a month ago! Thank You! Although our lunch was cut short because of the call about Matt's seizure - it was a nice and relaxing 'time out'! AND...much appreciated! PLUS...Katherine said she will come over to give Matt another hand and foot massage - I told Matt about it- he got the biggest smile on his face!

Peace - Light & Love, Shari for "Mattie Bobby"

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Very cool about the hospital bed. May God bless that individual.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Great news!

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Matt needs your prayers, He is going in today for a mri they think he is having small seizures. He was going to have it on dec 2 but bumped him up.

Here is the link to his site click here

Last edited by trialsguy; 11/13/09 11:07 AM. Reason: make link work

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Definitely will continue to pray and believe it'll be a positive result.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Great news at Caring Bridge!

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
YEAH BABY!SOME GOOD NEWS!!

THANKS GUYS!

PRAISE THE LORD - THE POWER OF PRAYER AND POSITIVE THINKING! THANK YOU ALL! THE RESULT OF THE MRI - NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE! AND...THE BLOOD CLOT - LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOME BLOOD FLOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL REPORT ON A FRIDAY THE 13TH! WHEN I WAS SIGNING IN MATT FOR HIS MRI - I WROTE THE DATE, 11-13-09 AND SAID AWWW....THIS DATE. THE RECEPTIONIST MADE ME FEEL BETTER - SHE SAID 'THIS IS ANOTHER DAY THE LORD HAS MADE' - OH, HOW WE NEEDED TO HEAR THIS... I THANKED HER WITH TEARS IN MY EYES!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MESSAGES TODAY! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CARDS AND LETTERS AS WELL.

ALSO, THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SENT CARDS AND MESSAGES TO EMILEIGH YESTERDAY FOR HER 18TH BIRTHDAY!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

PEACE - LIGHT & LOVE, SHARI for the HERNAN FAMILY AND MATT - OUR INSPIRATION!!!! OUR HERO!

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Very glad to here positive results.Keep your heads up,your all in our prayers as well as our hearts. \:\)

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
How about some more good news from Mom!

GOSH! I have LOTS to report! All Good!

1- I forgot to mention - on Friday - WE TOOK MATT TO HIS MRI IN OUR CAR!!! Bob and I got Matthew to the car and Bob pulled Matt up and he pivoted to the passenger seat! He was so happy to be able to go somewhere! After the MRI and before his other doctor's appointment we took him to 'Chick-fil-a (thru the drive thru) thank you to our friends who sent us the gift card. We gave Matt itty bitty pieces of chicken! (He still gets fed thru his G-Tube) he can eat pudding, applesauce and mashed potatoes in very small bites.

2 -Matt started working with a Homebound Teacher on Monday! Reading, Math, etc... (His teacher said he did awesome)!

3 - The HOSPITAL BED (anonymously donated) was delivered on Tuesday! WOW! THANK YOU!!!!!!

4 - The HOSPITAL BED is in Matt's room - He had a smile on his face that was priceless !

5 - Matt slept in his OWN ROOM ON TUESDAY - for the 1st time in about a year!

We LOVE when we can share good news!
I was thinking today about Matt's journey and wanted to 'thank' our friends and family who do their best to try to understand what he is going thru and the care that we give him. We are truly blessed with the best family and friends, EVEN people that only know of Matt's story. Thank you for helping us get thru the ups and downs. The cards, letters, messages, etc... mean so much.

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
I was just thinking the other day, man it's been a while since an update, so this is great news. Thanks as always.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Moms Thankful update, I am very thankful for them and you guys

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Hernan Family has so much to be THANKFUL for!

First and foremost - THE AMAZING PROGRESS MATT HAS MADE since his surgeries!
We are Thankful for the Surgeons, Nurses, Doctors, Therapists, Nutritionist, Social Workers and Teachers in KC, Chicago & Little Rock who have been there for Matt!

Next: For ALL of YOU ~ OUR FAMILY - OUR FRIENDS! We are thankful for your support; emotionally, physically and financially! We are blessed to have you all in our lives!

And: FOR the Anonymous Donations we have received! For taking some of the worry away - Thank You!

For our FAITH in GOD and THE POWER of PRAYER!

Peace - Light & Love ~ The Hernan's - MATT, Bob, Emileigh & Shari

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
More cool updates

The BLESSINGS continue for Matthew! I got a call from an organization - FRIENDS OF JACLYN - http://www.friendsofjaclyn.org we were referred to them by Lily Langbein's family (www.caringbridge.org/visit/sweetlily)!
The organization connects local college sports teams with seriously ill children. Well...Matthew has been 'adopted' by one of his favorite teams - since before we moved to Tucson. Before we moved - we would go watch the 'ROO's' play at least 2 or 3 times during their season. It is the UMKC Men's Basketball Team!!!! The coach (Doug Hall) called yesterday to introduce himself and invited Matt to come to practice and then come to watch a game. There happens to be a game on December 9th - Matt's birthday! When Emileigh told Matt - he was thrilled! Later I went into Matt's room - he was just smiling - I asked him why? He signed to me... UMKC! Thank you to: "Friends of Jaclyn" to the Langbein Family and to UMKC for making Matt so very happy!!!

Next blessing to share: My friend's Carol White & Jo Lynn Wilson (BLISS PHOTOGRAPHY - http://www.blissphotographyimages.com) have organized a Fund Raising EVENT for Matt's Medical Fund - this Saturday - December 5th from 10 to 3. Complimentary 5 x 7 pictures taken with Santa at Morse Church - 151st & Quivira! Raffle Tickets for a Wii System. Chili - treats - even shop for your Christmas Tree! Any questions, please call: Bliss Photography (913) 685-7556.

We had a WONDERUL Thanksgiving. We went to Nonnie & PaPa's! Dinner was yummy! Matt EVEN ate a few solids! Yesterday - he was kind of feeling yucky. Maybe he over did it a little. But, it was worth it to be sitting with him at the Thanksgiving Dinner table. I do have some pics I will post.

Hope all of you continue to have a great holiday weekend.

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Some cool stuff with the UMKC ROO'S

We took Matt to UMKC today after therapy. Matt met the UMKC Men's Basketball TEAM! WOW! They are AWESOME! Today during practice the players came by one by one (when they had a chance) to introduce themselves to Matt. I posted a picture of Matt at practice.(His sweatshirt is a gift Bob and I got him for his birthday last year) We are going to try and get Matt to a practice each week. The Manager gave Matt his own t-shirt. There is a Kangaroo's game on December 9th - Matt's birthday. Of course, this is where Matt wants to celebrate his birthday!

There are other pictures in the photo section of Thanksgving. I will also try to post a flier for the Holiday Event this Saturday.

Peace - Light & Love, Shari for the Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Updating left and right I hope you dont mind

Last night we were overwhelmed by 2 of mine and Uncle Jimmy's High School Friends; Patti Kelly-Erickson & Cindy Stadler-Mincher and their family & friends! Thank you (isn't enough to say)for the yummy dinner and awesome - wonderful gifts! Thank You - Thank You - Thank You! MATT was overwhelmed - and happy to meet you both and your thoughtful husbands!) ! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Today Matt had to have an EEG to determine if he is and/or was having seizures... to prepare him for the test he had to stay up until midnight and wake up at 4 am this morning and stay awake until his test at 2:00 pm. We should know the results in about 2 or 3 days. (crazy isn't it? how some test results take longer than others?)

Tomorrow the UMKC Kangaroos are playing in Tulsa! Go ROO'S! Matt and the rest of his family will be 'roo'ting for a VICTORY!

The drawing for the Wii LOVE Matt Raffle is next week! Thank you to each of you who have purchased tickets.

Saturday is the Holiday Family Fun Event. Come and get your picture taken with SANTA. Our family will be there.

A week from today is Matt's 15th birthday. Please light a candle for him - for a blessed year. You know how i have a thing for 'numbers'! Matt's birthday is 12-09-09. Will you light a candle at 12:09 pm?

During this season of Thanksgiving we are so thankful, blessed and loved! God has blessed us with wonderful family & friends!!!

Peace ~ Light & Love, Shari for the Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
I think I have a candle I can spare for this. ;\)

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
I just subscribed to PB not long ago I just fell into this post and was immediattely captured by this story. I have been reading this for about two hrs straight. What an inspiring story, and strong family and extraordinary young man. This story sure is humbling and makes you realise just how precious life is, and that God is in controll. With God all things are possible and I think that young matt's story has been told to show those who may need to hear or re affirm thier faith about what an awesome God we have. God bless Matt and his family and those who have cared and prayed for him! Keep up the fight Matt you are a soldier in God's army. you will be in mine and my families prayers!

Wade

take a kid fishing the first catch creates a life long fisherman. (my dad)
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Thanks fishwrangler and everyone else for all your thoughts and prayers. I know that god is here with Matt and his family giving them strength and courage to move ahead. This is one tuff kid that through all this manages to not to complain but only give strength to keep the rest of the family strong. If you want to see pictures and follow along you can go here Caringbridge He looks great considering all that he has been through

Here is another update from Mom.

What a BUSY & WONDERFUL WEEKEND THE HERNAN FAMILY HAD!

The Fund Raiser on Saturday - "Wii Support Matt" / Pictures with Santa was so much FUN! Cold - but fun! Thank you so much to Carol, Jo Lynn, Patty & Michele for EVERYTHING! And an ESPECIALLY BIG - HUGE THANK YOU to SANTA for taking the time from his busy schedule at the North Pole to come and get his picture taken with the kids! After he helped us out - he was on his way to another stop! WOW - is he busy! Thank YOU Santa!
We Love all of you! Also, to all of the many people that came by, made donations and visited with Matt! He had a good time!
Some wonderful surprises for Matt. His Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Brown came by with her boys Matt & Nicholas. Her Matt has the same interest as Matt - he is a huge Star Wars fan too! He brought Matt a YODA gift to wear on his birthda! Thank you for coming by Mrs. Brown!

Oh...you are probably wondering who the winners are:

1st Prize - The Wii System - Lisa Conrad
2nd Prize - Equisite Eats - George Morgan

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! & THANK YOU!

Thank you to Patty for donating the Wii System and to Michele for donating the $100.00 Gift Certificate to Exquisite Eats
http://exquisiteeats.com/ and to Carol White & Jo Lynn Wilson with blissphotographyimages for taking the pics with Santa and planning the event!
http://www.blissphotographyimages.com

Sunday was more fun for the Hernan Family!!! We took Matt out again...WOO-HOO!!! We went to Traci's for pizza, to watch the Chiefs game with Traci, Norman, Blair, Trey, Cara and the Smiths and have Matt draw a name for the "Wii LOVE MATT Fund Raiser" Thank You sooooooooooooooo very much Traci for planning the Fund Raiser - WOW! You have done so much for Matt! All the tickets you sold - and YOUR WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU! WE LOVE YOU!

...and the WINNERS are:

1st Prize - The Wii System - Lauren Smith
2nd Prize - $50.00 VISA Gift Card - Jim Herzig

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! & THANK YOU!

BOTH FUND RAISERS WERE A SUCCESS! WE ARE GRATEFUL BEYOND WORDS! I REALLY HOPE EVERYONE KNOWS HOW APPRECIATIVE WE ARE - WE ARE VERY BLESSED! Thank you to everyone who sold and purchased the raffle tickets for Matt's Medical Fund!

From there, we went to Nonnie & PaPa's for Matt's birthday dinner. Of course, he requested steak & potatoes with crab legs this year. Matt did an awesome job eating! He even ate coconut cream pie for dessert! Unk Jim and Zach celebrated with us too! It was a great day all around!

Today Matt had his usual therapy and then off to an eye appointment to see what can be done for his right eye. And...it's surgery - cosmetic to fix his eye lid and then a 2nd surgery to fix the eye muscle. It won't help his vision, it's something Matt wants to do. He is scheduled for surgery on January 28th. Matt also picked out new glasses. They are nice! I gotta tell you about how wonderful Matt was at the appointment. He held his head up for a long time and even sat up straight for a while! It was good to see! Again - let's just all say "Thank God" - he is hearing our prayers for Matt's healing & recovery!

Wednesday is Matt's birthday! He wants to celebrate with "HIS TEAM" the UMKC Roos! Congratulations to the big WIN on Saturday! The entire family is looking forward to watching the game on Wednesday.

Matt's birthday is 12-09-09. Please light a candle for him at 12:09 for continued HEALING!

Peace - Light & Love ~ The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Cool update. Will have to send him a birthday message tomorrow on Caring Bridge.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Yep todays is his Birthday. Only 15 and been through so much.

A little snow, Please!
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Happy Birthday Matt God Bless

take a kid fishing the first catch creates a life long fisherman. (my dad)
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/29/24 01:06 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails