Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka, gautprod
18,494 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,958
Posts557,923
Members18,495
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,533
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
10 members (canyoncreek, ghdmd, Bigtrh24, FishinRod, catscratch, Rick O, Jward87, Justin W, Theo Gallus, phinfan), 840 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Rainman, have a good time on your hunt... I still think you should have an advertising firm write a brochure on the pros and cons of having talipia introduced into pond waters.

Anyway I'll try to post a little progress report on Mason.

Good luck!!!

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
I was able to harvest this buck last Saturday afternoon on my 37 acre farm in N.E. Texas. I was very proud since it's the first deer I have ever taken on my own property. It was nearly dark by the time I recovered him, so I field dressed the buck and left him on the meat pole to hang overnight. It was cold weather for us being in the 30's. My plan the next morning was to take some pictures then process the deer. When I got there one of the neighbor's dogs (I saw the rascal) that run loose year 'round, had chewed his nose off and was working on a shoulder. Needless to say I was disappointed and the pictures didn't turn out like I had hoped. I was able to save everything but the one bad shoulder (and the pictures). I'll either need to raise my meat pole or discourage the dogs from visiting. I'll still have a nice European mount.

esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
That's a nice buck. Congrats! I still have to see my first deer in person since 11-25. That one was just a little forkhorn and I let him walk. Season is winding down, the closer it is to the end, the less picky I'll be.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
FR great deer. Josh my employee got his best buck ever off my land in KY last Sunday. I have yet to take a buck off it in 5 yrs. I'm too picky I guess but enjoy others getting good ones. Anyway we left it out by the cabin the first night he killed it (27 degrees) Josh and I qtr deer and capped it out next morning and we left it out the last night before packing up to bring it home. Same thing dogs came and had drug it away. I was hunting and he thought I was playing pratical joke. He finally found where they drug it. The cape was pretty bad but thinks taxidermist might be able to fix it- your not alone

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Pretty buck! Congrats...

Lunker
Lunker
This is from our goose/duck hunt last Sunday

The guys where out this morning and limited out by 8AM. Plan on hitting it hard the next 2 days

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
lassig can I come play, offically jealous.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Lunker
Lunker
This year has been slow compared to the last couple of years. Last weekend was the first time that we shoot limits on geese. Usually we shot limits or near limits every day we hunt. The mallards are a bonus very seldom do we get into them. Now with duck season closed they will be landing in the decoys tomorrow.

The only good thing to come from the building slow down is that we aren't losing our hunting spots as fast as we used to. This may get us 5 to 10 more years on our current fields.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Just an FYI, most taxidermists can aquire a cape to replace a bad one for your mount.
BTW, Happy B Day Greg!

Last edited by Ric Swaim; 12/18/09 10:14 PM.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Frank, nice deer. I've had to discourage more than one dog. I don't like doing it, but...

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Lunker
Quick 4 man limit of geese this morning. Was done before 8AM. There are tens of thousands of Canada Geese in the western burgs of Chicago right now. We still have 3 weeks to the season so time to get plenty more.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Are pictures of non-dead deer ok? All the ones around my place are nocturnal, so all I can get are pics. The second one has figured out the feeder thing. I guess he used to wait on the raccoons to turn the spinner, but my carpet tack strips wired to the upper poles have got the raccoons scratching their heads(see 3rd pic)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
David u: non-dead is just fine! :-) Great pics.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Non-dead is probably even cooler, but if you could post a non-dead and a dead pic of the same animal, I think that would pretty much be the ultimate!

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
Non-dead is probably even cooler, but if you could post a non-dead and a dead pic of the same animal, I think that would pretty much be the ultimate!

OK how about this

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I've killed a couple bucks that I also got on camera... It is pretty cool, non nearly as nice as lassig's though!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Lassig, thats the ultimate!!
CJ, it doesnt count unless you can show the pics.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
My 3yr old daughter went with me for the first time. When the deer came out, she asked me to shoot it so we can make jerky. My response "Cover your ears".

-----------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
That's the best reply that I've heard yet! Nice deer and great kid! Congrats.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Dave Willis
David u: non-dead is just fine! :-) Great pics.

I'm just kinda wondering here, is this anything like an undead deer? Those things are, frankly, pretty freaky.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Shawn you dawg! That is so cool. Mae will be coming deer hunting next season, i just figured that 5 years old was plenty young enough. Now you have me wondering if I have already missed out on 2 seasons!!!

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Nate,

I wasn't going to take her but she begged me. Plus, I splurged this year and bought a Texas Hunter enclosed blind just so we could do some wildlife watching. It worked out great to conceal her movements. Fortunately, it didn't take long for the deer to come out. I'm guessing she will get to pull the trigger when she's around 14. I'm new to the parenting thing so I really don't know when a child is old enough to shoot a deer. I suppose it will depend on the level of maturity of each child. I think they can get their Hunter Safety card when they are 11.

By the time she's ready to hunt, she probably won't even like me, will have a boyfriend, and I'll be hunting him.

-----------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
Lunker
Lunker
Enjoy all of this time you can get. My oldest girl fished with me a lot until she turned 12 and found boys. She hasn't been with me since and she is now 21 and on her own. I am thinking after she gets settled in her new life she may come back to it.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: lassig
Enjoy all of this time you can get. My oldest girl fished with me a lot until she turned 12 and found boys. She hasn't been with me since and she is now 21 and on her own. I am thinking after she gets settled in her new life she may come back to it.

Good advice. I'm spending all the time I can with mine while they're young because what you've experienced is probably inevitable. I think, though, that the time invested in a quality relationship doing things like fishing and just spending outdoors time in general, will all come back to them when they're ready and that foundation you've invested in them will pay off.

Todd La Neve

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
This seemed the most appropriate place to post my 4 year old son, AJ's, first buck. I know, some of you are thinking, 4 is pretty young to let a kid kill a deer, and still others are thinking, "yeah, right, dad killed it and checked it in on his son's tag." But I assure you, using his brand new hand carved deer bow and arrows, he bagged this puppy from clear across the living room this morning (in his underwear, no less!), just a few minutes after opening the present!

[img][/img]

He drilled his arrow right through the vitals - it's the slightly lighter brown dowel sticking out of the deer in the bottom of the pic! Just too cool and had to share!

Merry Christmas to all!

Todd La Neve

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
island_beam
Recent Posts
Need help
by FishinRod - 04/23/24 01:49 PM