I've got two 2 year old ponds that I ultimately want to hold BG and LMB. The upper pond is about 2/3 of an acre, has a waterfall that pumps 150 gallons a minute and is fed 3 or 4 times per hour with fresh spring water that we sump out of the house all year round. The lower pond is less than 1/3 of an acre and is fed from the spill over pipe from the large pond. Last year I bought 5 pounds of minnows, 100 bluegill and 50 Red Ear Sunfish, put 2/3 in the bigger upper pond and 1/3 in the lower pond. The small lower pond has at least 3 sizes of bluegills and even a couple of LMB that must have been in with the bluegills that I stocked; I almost always catch fish in that pond. The upper pond is a lot less productive. If I fish it for a couple of hours, I might catch one blue gill but I will catch a handful of crawdads and maybe even a turtle. There are also tons of frogs hanging around the big pond and in the summer we have quite a few egrets hannging around. So a couple of questions, should I restock the bluegill in the big pond before putting in LMB, or should I count on the crawdads, etc. to fill up the food chain? The upper pond is more exposed to the KS wind and the waterfall keeps the surface water rippling, so is it possible that all of that water motion is hurting the fishing? I'm really shocked that the lower pond is so much more productive.