Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,074
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,411
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
15 members (JasonInOhio, Theo Gallus, H20fwler, Shorthose, Requa, Justin W, LeighAnn, Bob Lusk, catscratch, Freg, DenaTroyer, Blestfarmpond, Snipe, RAH, Rick O), 812 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I am having a pond drained in southern Alabama, hopefully this week. When the call comes to pick up fish there, I will go get Mason and then the fish. Dothan looks to be about 50 miles due east of where I will get the fish. I don't know if Hartley's in Kingman Kansas will have My order ready before or after the stop in AL. Even if I can't work the two runs to get him all the way to you, there is no doubt getting him from St. Louis to you is no problem. We don't have the yard for two large dogs here, or I would have adopted him. He is more than welcome here for a couple weeks if needed though. My route through through Ohio from KS to PA will be along I-70.

No worries, I'll make it happen.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R & S Ranch and Rescue....nice ring to it.

A
Anna Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
Very cool and I'm excited to get to meet Rainman! Now off to work. Today is our monthly delivery run to Montgomery and I got nothing done yesterday because I was making arrangements for Mr. Mason. Got to go load a truck with 2000 lb of frozen food and get it on the road. Ya'll have a great Saturday and thank you again for all you have done!

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Rainman, I'll call you tomorrow afternoon to figure out the best way to bring the "PB mascot" to Central Ohio.. If your still up tonight, you can call me. I'll be up till about 2am.

M
Fingerling
Fingerling
M
Hello All,
My name is Jessica and I am a friend of Anna's here in Alabama. I am the one whose email about Mason and stirred up so much generosity and kindness from all ya'll big manly men! lol

I am overjoyed that Mason has not only found a home, but one with other senior dogs and kindhearted owners, thanks to Anna and the wonderful people on this forum. It fills me with joy to know what a wonderful home he is going to and I want to thank Mark from the bottom of my heart.

Mark and I have already spoken on the phone and via email, but since there was such an outpouring of affection and generosity from his story on PB, we thought it only fitting to share with you how Mason is coming along! Mason was transferred to a boarding facility last Friday and they are taking wonderful care of him (he's already their favorite). His eyes are already brighter and he is putting on weight thanks to Anna's premium dog food donation. However, he is still pretty thin and when I spoke to the vet about putting him on heartworm treatment and neutering him all in the next couple weeks, they warned me it would be a very dangerous thing to do because of his age and current weight. They told me the first thing we need to do is get some weight on him, so that is our first priority and Mark has graciously agreed to wait to administer the hw treatment only when Mason is back up to his full weight and feeling like himself again. I've already seen significant improvement in him this week, so the neutering should be done by the time he is ready to go up to his new heavenly home in Ohio!

I told Mark if he loves labs, he was going to fall in love with Mason! I played fetch with him for a straight 1/2 hour Wednesday afternoon and he retrieved like a champ. He even caught his toy mid-air when I threw it up for him. He is going to love being with other dogs and absolutely adores people! He will greet you in the morning with a wagging tail, and also knows how to sit, shake and give sloppy kisses. So rest assured he is adopting an amazing dog! I am gonna miss him...

I was so touched and moved by the responses I saw on this forum that I have set up my own account to stay in touch with ya'll and keep you updated on Mason's progress until he is ready for transport. I was going to post some pictures of our afternoon together the other day, but I can't seem to figure out how to include pictures in my posts. Can anyone tell me how? In the pictures, you'll see his ribs are less noticeable and his face is happy! I swear that dog can smile, too.

What an amazing group of people ya'll are and I thank the good Lord for your kindness.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Jessica, thanks for the update on Mason. Great story.

To put pictures in your posts, the way I use is to go to Photobucket.com. Upload the photos you want from your computer. Than just copy and paste the IMG file onto your post. There's probably a more detailed instructional in the Q&A forum if I'm not clear enough.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Thanks Jessica and welcome. Email me the pics and I will post them. You can get the email by clicking on the name on the left top of this post and look under view profile. You can post them yourself with this link’s options but email might be easier.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92443#Post92443

Last edited by ewest; 11/06/09 10:12 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It is obvious to me that Jessica is just as amazing and gracious. You have done a wonderful thing to bring Mason along the path of life.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
It is obvious to me that Jessica is just as amazing and gracious. You have done a wonderful thing to bring Mason along the path of life.

+1

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
+2...now tell us about your pond.

H
Lunker
Lunker
H

H
Lunker
Lunker
H

Ok- here are the images of our dogs and pond.

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Stanley is the saint bernard and our male golden retreiver is Bop in the picture with Stanley. The first picture I sent is Tippy and Pepsi our 2 female golden retreivers.

Also, My wife (Theresa) posted these pictures because I think I am computer illiterate..

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Nice dock and beautiful landscaping. The pups look happy also.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Damn I think Mason is going to think he died and went to doggy heaven!

I sent in my donation. I wish I could have done more but times are tough up here. Twenty percent unemployment here in my county now. \:\(

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
When is the big move guys ?

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: ewest
When is the big move guys ?

Yeah and I want to see pictures!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Good stuff hang loose. Keep them coming. Some very happy animals you have there.

Lunker
Lunker
Hang Loose:
Looks like you have a beautiful place to hang loose. Very cool.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Gonna be a happy dog!

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Eric, the wild weather down your way has added a kink to the plan. I was going to pick up 60,000 fish that may no longer be there after today!

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Rainman, We'll figure a way to get him here even if we have to "Pony Express" him north. Good luck with your fish, hope they make it.

Also, I have not heard from Anna or Jessica in a few days so I hope Mason is doing good....

Jessica, If you read this,you have mail.

Last edited by hang_loose; 11/10/09 12:01 AM. Reason: Message
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
The pond was drained down in Alabama, But he was worried the hurricane remnants would knock out the power so he didn't seine the pond. The center of the storm is was forcast to pass over him around 1am---and did. It's also forcast to be clear by noon today and if he got less than 10 inches of rain, he plans to begin seining this afternoon. More than 10 inches of rain and he will need to re-drain the pond----no run-off concerns.

If all goes well, maybe Mason will begin his life of liesure in Ohio by next thursday!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
\:\) -- \:\) -- --

A
Anna Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
Looks like they are only going to get 1-2 inches today according to the weather.com forecast. I am still in Germany and it is COLD here and has snowed once. I'm posting most of my stuff to Facebook. For those of you who use FB and want to add me my real name is Anna Muldoon.

I have been checking in here every few days and it looks like Rainman, Hangloose and Jessica have everything covered. I won't be home until 10 pm on the 17th.

Thanks everyone for helping this sweet boy. I hope I get to see him before he leaves.

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Theo Gallus - 03/28/24 10:27 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 10:22 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by DenaTroyer - 03/28/24 09:38 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy