Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,086
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
13 members (dg84s, Shorthose, Sunil, Freg, IND1371, Augie, Fishingadventure, Groundhog7, Brandon Larson, Dave Davidson1, PRCS, Theo Gallus, BillyE), 798 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
Any updates on the latest Rainman saga? Waiting on pins and needles here...

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
I think Mason got the gun and is driving too.Lord knows where they'll end up now.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
GSA's intelligence contacts have just received word that Rex and Mason were arrested for speeding and reckless driving. A state trooper reported that he clocked the suspect vehicle traveling at 87 mph in a 65 zone. The officer reported that since the suspect vehicle did not respond to the lights or siren he pulled up along side the drivers side door. Suddenly the widow lowered slightly and the office swears that a paw was thrust out of the window with the third claw extended.

Finally the vehicle pulled over and the officer noted that when he approached the stopped vehicle and carefully looked into the window he noted that Rex was in the passenger seat with a dog on his lap. Rex was observed to have been repeating the phrase "Bad dog, Bad, Bad Dog!" An investigation has begun to determine which of the suspects were driving. Both suspects are being held without bond pending the completion of the investigation. The officer has been ordered to undergo "routine" psycho therapy.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
the littlest hobo

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
And I thought CJ wuz our friend.

Im gonna petition the court to get them released on humanitarian
rescue relations.I have high hopes Mason will be released immidiatly,however,it probably wont fly for Rex.Mason wont vouch for him since he got scolded.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
All right! I'm getting a little IMPATIENT here!!! Where is the update?????

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Rex has the dog and should get to Ohio late today or tomorrow.

Supposedly, Rex and Mason arrived at one hatchery early in the morning before any staff was there. So he put Mason in the foot well, and then laid on the bench seat to catch some Z's.

Shortly thereafter, for whatever reason, Mason bit Rex in the head. Then, Rex bit Mason back.

I asked Rex if it was because he dozed off and started snoring. Of course, Rex couldn't answer that because he was sleeping, and you never know if you're snoring 'cause you're asleep.

Maybe there was a fly or spider on Rex's head, and Mason was just trying to save him.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Well,at least my petition got em out of jail.Dont believe Rex when he tries to tell you I blew a hole in the wall and helped them escape.

I subscribe

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Maybe there was a fly or spider on Rex's head, and Mason was just trying to save him.

I always figgered Mason to be the type to save a distressed fly or spider

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I talked to Ted Lea, he said Mason and Rex will be coming by his place in OH tomorow and that he would take some pictures.

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm supposed to meet Rex down in Indianapolis tomorrow to get my crayfish and give him a package for Sunil. I have to give Rex the same package or Sunils' might not make it.

I heard that he had to delay the trip a bit to replenish an o2 tank that went down much quicker than anticipated due to an airline coming loose.

I'll try and remember to throw the camera in the car.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Folks be patient. Hauling fish is not an easy job. Things can happen at any time. I haul fish for myself but not very often and I absolutely hate it!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
You seemed to hold up pretty well thru our experience!! \:D

A contributing factor to the problem that we had was a plugged air filter.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: esshup
You're not transporting him in one of the tanks, are you?

I went down there prepared to do just that, should he not ride well. Except for trying to rip my face off the one time, he has been incredible on the trip so far...... We just got back to St Louis for the night. Mason has successfully navigated over 1500 miles thus far.

I have been wondering what made him bite me and think I have a good theory. Dogs consider staring directly into the eye an act of aggression. Due to my burns, I sleep with my eyes open and Mason was right beside me and may have felt intimidated and snapped at my right eye. He didn't break the skin but came very close to it. After I chomped on his nose, he agreed not to do it again. He has spent most of the trip with his head in my lap and is starting to get quite a bounce in his step when we take breaks to romp. He defininately has no trouble with car sickness and has not barked or whined once.

I was going to add several pictures, but PhotoBucket must be down and I have lots of fish to unload, plus 4am will be here soon!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
You seemed to hold up pretty well thru our experience!! \:D

A contributing factor to the problem that we had was a plugged air filter.

They weren't my fish.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Rainman
You're not transporting him in one of the tanks, are you?

I went down there prepared to do just that, should he not ride well. Except for trying to rip my face off the one time, he has been incredible on the trip so far...... We just got back to St Louis for the night. Mason has successfully navigated over 1500 miles thus far.

I have been wondering what made him bite me and think I have a good theory. Dogs consider staring directly into the eye an act of aggression. Due to my burns, I sleep with my eyes open and Mason was right beside me and may have felt intimidated and snapped at my right eye. He didn't break the skin but came very close to it. After I chomped on his nose, he agreed not to do it again. He has spent most of the trip with his head in my lap and is starting to get quite a bounce in his step when we take breaks to romp. He defininately has no trouble with car sickness and has not barked or whined once.

I was going to add several pictures, but PhotoBucket must be down and I have lots of fish to unload, plus 4am will be here soon!

Hey maybe your snoring was unbearable. Just kidding! I think our dog is avoiding the bed because of the wife's snoring.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
First thing my wife said was "maybe it was your snoring......."

Lunker
Lunker
Is anyone compiling this stuff? Bob seriously needs to add a series for Rex alone in the magazine..."Adventures with Rex". Any other near misses me amigo??

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Captions needed!

The first picture is Jessica, who wrote the letter that Anna posted and one of Mason's caretakers at the boarding kennel. The next several pics were taken by Kym, Anna's store manager at Anna's shop (We missed Anna by about 10 hours--Mason got lots of goodies--I got catnip)

Yes Theo, it rains everywhere I go and in the last pic, Mason is getting ready to sit on the prized hat you gave me \:\)

Last edited by Rainman; 11/23/09 03:41 PM.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
You are a good man, Rainman. How you can haul fish, and a dog, and take alarmingly good photos of Mason, I will never know. Damn, I believe he was driving with his nose. I think you're right about the eyes being open. When I stare at my lovable yeaarling chocs. they nip at me, playfully. You mean chocs are supposed to like water? Mine melt into the dirt when I try to drag them near the edge of the pond.
Keep up the good work.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
What a relief.There's no pics of them behind bars.

I subscribe

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Mason's Big Adventure.
I know you are, but what am I?

A
Anna Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
Rainman you are an angel! I'm so sorry I missed you. Please give Mason a big smooch from me. I so wanted to see him again before he left. But I am very thankful for everyone who is helping this sweet old boy. I wanted to get to meet you too. I'm glad Kym was able to get you stocked up for the road though. Mason deserves it.

I wonder what made him snap? He is such a sweet gentle boy but he did just lose his 'sugar lumps' and that alone could make him grouchy and uncomfortable.

Please keep us posted and let me know if he needs anything.

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Just awesome!

The feel-good story of 2009!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Dont forget to frisk him down for weapons when he gets out of the truck.

I subscribe

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by Sunil - 03/28/24 03:32 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:50 PM
1 year after stocking question
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday