Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985
18,501 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,962
Members18,501
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 824 guests, and 256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Well you guys and gals know how that goes. We are now proud owners of a new polaris rzr.

remember this thread? I have had my heart set on one for a while.
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=9015&Number=94943#Post94943

IF any of you guys are suffering with mid life chrisis this will cure it. I haven't felt like a kid in years. This machine will put a smile on your face. Sense I am a pond boss my first modification will be one of these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdbCON16tk

Tom G notice how he doesn't spill a drop of his beer.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Those RZR's are awesome! If I was gonna get a UTV, I think that would be the one I'd get. Very sweet and I am very jealous!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Neat toy. When you get ready to launch it, give me a call. Tom and I will come watch.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Your going to love that bad boy. Is it a 09 or 2010 model? If it did NOT come with leg minders, PLEASE make that priority #1 before you start having fun on the trails ….it’s a very inexpensive safety item.
Some good information can be found at http://www.prcforum.com/

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Neat toy. When you get ready to launch it, give me a call. Tom and I will come watch.

Dave did you mean lunch it? That is more my speed.

You must really have to give it hack to get air. I was going over 3ft terraces that are less than 20 ft apart at 40 mph and this thing was so smooth it was amazing. Our Ice chest in the bed didn't even move.

Jim it is actually a 2008 model. That is the main reason I we went ahead and pulled the trigger on this deal. It was the last 08 model and they were discounted 1500$ off the price of a 2009. I wanted camo but I settle for red. I couldn't justify paying 1000$ more. What do you mean by leg menders? it has the safety nets to keep your legs inside if that is what you are referring too. I might fab my on doors for it also.

We looked at the bigger ranger but this little machine actually has more leg room. I'm a very large fellow and I fit in this thing nicely. That is what sold me. I plan to add a snap on 36 x 48 bed to give it more utility use. We have big plans to take this to the mountains every summer another reason I choice this model. I need room to carry our two kids (cow dogs) Daisy & Ranger. That is also a reason for the larger add on bed. I have it in the planning stages I'll share when fab work gets started.

Last edited by rockytopper; 09/01/09 07:53 AM.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
The snap on utility bed is almost complete. Still have some finish welding and paint to go. The new bed really converts this sport model into a real utility work horse. We did our first puppy test drive yesterday with momma riding shot gun. The dogs really took to their new ride on the new bed. If any of you folks are considering a utility UTA don't pass on this one if you think it can't be used for farm and pond choirs.

Last edited by rockytopper; 09/24/09 01:30 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Yup; green is creepin' into my attitude. You dog, you.
(nice ride, RT!)

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Well sense green is creeping into your attitude. Here is a sneak peak at the next mod in the works. As stated above I wanted a green camo model "mossy oak breakup" to match my rockytopper camper but I just couldn't justify the extra doe. Here is the compromise version. I'm getting custom vinyl decals made with real texas mesquite pic's. The idea is to make it look like the red paint is peeling off and the True Colors are beneath.

Lunker
Lunker
RT, that looks ready to run the Baja .500 !

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
You know I'll bet that if someone stood on the very back cargo rack, that you could perform a sustained wheel stand.

I'll bet TomG would do it.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Jeff I'm afraid if I was driving Tom would need to detonate that alarm clock under the front axle to achieve that feat.

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 09/25/09 10:02 AM. Reason: removing possible causes of unrest

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
Nice ride. Wish I had one.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
T
Fingerling
Fingerling
T
I can picture Tom in the middle of the pond with JHAP egging him on. My eyes were leaking ROFLOL when I watched the youtube video.
The "Watch This" mentality always amazes me!

D
DJT Offline
Lunker
Lunker
D
Some friends of ours have a big piece of riverside property that we go 4 wheeling on a couple times a year. They have a full size Polaris side by side and their identical twin girls share a mini Razor (90cc?) that they follow them through the trails with. Cutest thing you ever saw.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
The new rack has worked out great for the daily farm chores. One of the best benefits I have discovered thus far is it is a great place to put the seats when you need to check fluid levels or do scheduled maintenance.

Another thing I have discovered about the RZR is it makes for an awesome mobile hunting blind. I tie leave camo panels around the cab and over the nose of the machine. The setting postion and roll bar are perfect for getting off a clean shot. You also have a nice cup holder for your ice cold beer.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Rocky,either get that JUNK off the ice-chest rack or build another one on the front.By the way,the beer is easier to reach on a front rack when your driving.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
The new rack has worked out great for the daily farm chores. One of the best benefits I have discovered thus far is it is a great place to put the seats when you need to check fluid levels or do scheduled maintenance.

Last trip up to the ranch I decided to check the oil in the Polaris. So I craw underneath the Ranger and reach up and unscrew the cap from the top of the oil fill and am commenting to Ricki (who was standing next to the Polaris) on how I hate checking the oil in the dam thing and what engineering idiot would design the rig such that you would have to lie on your back and crawl in the dirt to check the oil. She then pulls the seat off and looks down through the hole at me lying in the dirt and says "Why don't you just check it from up here?"

It was a D'OH moment.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper

Last trip up to the ranch I decided to check the oil in the Polaris. So I craw underneath the Ranger and reach up and unscrew the cap from the top of the oil fill and am commenting to Ricki (who was standing next to the Polaris) on how I hate checking the oil in the dam thing and what engineering idiot would design the rig such that you would have to lie on your back and crawl in the dirt to check the oil. She then pulls the seat off and looks down through the hole at me lying in the dirt and says "Why don't you just check it from up here?"

It was a D'OH moment.

Here's your sign!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Rainman
Here's your sign!

\:D

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

C
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
C
I knew I liked here when I met her in Branson!

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Maybe you should let her check the oil from now on,since SHE doesnt have to get under it to do it. \:D \:D

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
If you are a deer you have to ask your self is it a bush or is it a Polaris RZR 800 efi worlds fastest utv.

May I present the worlds first stealth RZR.

Tom FYI, the best place for the beer chest is the passenger seat with this model ATV.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Rocky,I didnt get the impression your wife would take a back seat to an icechest.

I subscribe

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
Rocky,I didnt get the impression your wife would take a back seat to an icechest.

Tom, I have her trained, she holds the icechest so it don't spill.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
\:D \:D

I subscribe

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:15 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:09 PM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by JabariStokes - 04/25/24 07:30 PM
What did you do at your pond today?