Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,485
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 933 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker

It isn’t about dividing up some pot of taxpayer money to make a select group feel happier, though that does have a familiar ring to it. It is about what is right and what is wrong.

The incompetence, ineptitude, and corruption in Washington smell about as bad as the United Nations, another corrupt fiasco ridden body that we mostly pay for.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Lunker
Lunker
Just saying I'd be happy with the cash instead of it being totally wasted. Didn't mean to get anyones ire up.

Good morning Dave, I've checked the ships systems, and everything appears to be running normally.
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: the stick
Many bills end up in committee and die there. The strongest way to send a message to a senator or representative is a letter. Phone calls and e-mails don't hurt, but a letter in their hand has more meaning to them.
Remember the bill to register and tax all firearms?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp

The people that might actually read a letter from a constituant would rareey consider voting for a bill like this. The ones that would vote for it could not care less what the people want/say. The vote this week along with comments like, "well-dressed, astro-turf protestors" pretty much proved, at least to me, a complete lack of desire to help, but rather to control people is abundantly clear.

Last edited by Rainman; 11/10/09 06:46 PM. Reason: therrien moment

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Food and water are a basic human right, when the government can tax and control water from your own property, next they will tax and control the food from your garden.
Many people will sit by and give up their rights as long as the govmt. takes care of them, others will do something about it.

We put time and money into our ponds cause of the many reasons stated on this forum, but this freedom can also be lost. If you feel my position is overstated, stand by and watch.

I wonder how long before this post gets zapped.

Last edited by adirondack pond; 11/10/09 07:43 PM.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: the stick
Cecil, I am reading it different than you. I read that is was actually written by Reed, but never got anywhere.
esshup, If they split that money up between all of the posters on this forum we would all be a lot happier!!!

The rumor that we would have to list our guns on are income tax forms, possibly pay a fee of $50.00 per gun and get fingerprinted was false. The tax was to be on manufacturers. One more of those phony emails that go around.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
In Illinois, they recently passed House Bill 0170.
http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.a...87&SessionID=76

The sponsor, owns several companies that will directly benefit from the legislation.
http://ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=1501

Here is an idea of what it means to homeowners...
http://www.owpi.net/documents/OWPI_Governor_Contact_Letter___Version_21.pdf

In downstate Illinois, surface discharging systems are necessary due to soil content (great for building ponds; but not much percolation).

The bill will delay the construction process and add greatly to the cost.

Many of the legislators pushing it were from northern Illinois. Most of the systems affected were central and southern Illinois. Many Chicago area legislators jumped on board; but Chicago reportedly routinely gets special permits to discharge raw sewage into the river.

Sound fair?

The Clean Water Restoration Act is just more of the same on the federal level.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
Food and water are a basic human right, when the government can tax and control water from your own property, next they will tax and control the food from your garden.
Many people will sit by and give up their rights as long as the govmt. takes care of them, others will do something about it.

We put time and money into our ponds cause of the many reasons stated on this forum, but this freedom can also be lost. If you feel my position is overstated, stand by and watch.

I wonder how long before this post gets zapped.

AP, as long as it stays focused and reasonable, I don't think it will be moderated. This is a VERY serious political concern that really can't go unnoticed.

I'm confident all aspects of any posts made will be well thought out on this subject and I believe we will respect opinions and thoughts on it. There should be no reason for anyone to feel offended by anothers opinions/ideas.

Regardless of anyones political persuasions, if this passes it will seriously impact every single pond owner dramatically, not to mention anyone that ever wants to drink water.

Last edited by Rainman; 11/10/09 10:03 PM.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
 Quote:
The rumor that we would have to list our guns on are income tax forms, possibly pay a fee of $50.00 per gun and get fingerprinted was false.

Actually there was a bill to do just that. It didn't go anywhere & it was several years ago. The relative e-mail circulating now is however false. Nothing on that order is before congress now.

Quote:
There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns—nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act’s tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone’s Form 1040, of course.

Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House.

Last edited by Ric Swaim; 11/10/09 11:06 PM.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
But the tax was for manufacturers not the gun owners. Not saying that is better though.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
FWIW, manufactures/ businesses don't pay taxes----they collect them or add them into the cost of everything sold. The reality is, Consumers like you and me pay all those "hidden" taxes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy