Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,080
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
14 members (jludwig, Donatello, catscratch, DrLuke, esshup, Requa, Shorthose, Blestfarmpond, JasonInOhio, H20fwler, Theo Gallus, Justin W, LeighAnn, Bob Lusk), 844 guests, and 210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#173069 07/10/09 02:14 PM
G
george1 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
G
OK, all you casting and spin tackle guys out there ….. Gary Loomis has just joined TFO to bring his line of high quality, affordable tackle into an outstanding company.

http://www.tforods.com/

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
My grandfather (dad's dad) loves Loomis rods. He still uses one when we go bay fishing on the Texas coast.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I love them too, just a wee bit out of my price range though... They are excellent rods though. Will these new rods be in the same category as say the GL2 models?

G
george1 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
G
CJ, with Loomis joining TFO it will make the famous Loomis high quality $300.00 casting and spinning rods to affordable TFO $100.00 price range.
I believe they are shooting for delivery in September.

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I saw the September delivery date. I'll have to keep my out for them and give one a shot when they come out.

P
PFV Offline
Lunker
Lunker
P
I'm in for a couple or three at that price. Where do I go to get 'em? I see the Soverign Row address in Dallas on the website. Is this a B&M walk-in type of store?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new.

"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets"... Charleton Heston
PFV #174332 07/17/09 06:51 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
George might get a different deal, but when I bought my flyrod last month I was told they only sell thru distributors. Here's a partial of their e-mail to me. They were VERY helpful.

Your best bet is to talk to one of our on-line dealers since we don't actually sell direct. Give Mike Burleson at http://www.burfish.com a shout.
He is not only a good friend, but one of our oldest and best dealers.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Very soon I will have a full line of TFO products as a new dealer. I have several TFO conventional rods and one mini-mag fly rod that I truly love, and since my good friend Brandon Powers works for TFO, this business move just makes sense for me. I plan to stock the mini-mags and several different spin and bait cast rods as well as some of their other products. Any of you on the forum who are interested in these products, I'll ship them to you UPS or you can come to our location to pick one out.

With a lifetime no-fault repair/replace warranty, I don't see how you can go wrong.

It's ALL about the fish!
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Sounds great Todd! They seem like a great rod at a reasonable price for their quality... When I am in need of a new rod, I'll be taking a look.

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
 Originally Posted By: overtonfisheries
Very soon I will have a full line of TFO products as a new dealer. I have several TFO conventional rods and one mini-mag fly rod that I truly love, and since my good friend Brandon Powers works for TFO, this business move just makes sense for me. I plan to stock the mini-mags and several different spin and bait cast rods as well as some of their other products. Any of you on the forum who are interested in these products, I'll ship them to you UPS or you can come to our location to pick one out.

With a lifetime no-fault repair/replace warranty, I don't see how you can go wrong.

Tod: Will you have these in your booth at Big Cedar. I am curious to see how the new version of Loomis rods compare to the older version.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker

I own a few Loomis rods but the $300 price tag has prevented more frequent purchases...probably holds a lot of us back. Todd, I'm interested in learning more...how do I go about that?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Are you interested in Loomis rods or possibly TFO rods? I don't have any Loomis rods in stock yet, but have a good line of TFO rods. Just PM or check out the TFO website. http://www.templeforkflyrods.com

It's ALL about the fish!
Lunker
Lunker
Are you interested in Loomis rods or possibly TFO rods? I don't have any Loomis rods in stock yet, but have a good line of TFO rods. Just PM or check out the TFO website. http://www.templeforkflyrods.com

Todd

Can we circle around at the conf? I want to cast some TFO rods before I make the classic TJ mistake of throwing $800 at a Sage or Winston blank...I could buy four rods at the TFO cost. Maybe we can talk about the Loomis blanks too?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
That would be an excellent use of face time at the Conference.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
IMHO, TJ, test cast the TFO Mini Mag, JWHAP, Fatty McButterpants and I were fortunate enough to receive lessons from Brandon Powers at last years convention on the TFO Mini Mag, I was blown away by the rod.

I've had very little practice my fly cast since last year, we've only been to the pond once so far this year.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
Hopefully one of the dealers will bring some Loomis and TFO sticks. It's been ingrained in me for so long that a good stick = $$crazy$$ I need to be broken down and re edumacated.

I have heard of Brandon Powers - I would really benefit from instruction. Anyone know if there is going to be some fly fishing segments?

JHAP, it would be nice to grab a cocktail or two and head down to the water's edge and practicing. I would like to see a pic of your huge GSF with a popper in their freakish unnaturally gaping maws taken off your fly rod yet in 09.

The only time you need to be embarrassed is when MOMO joins you for breakfast at the Lodge in the morning.

O
Lunker
Lunker
O
I will make it a point to bring some rods with me to the conference.

It's ALL about the fish!
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
JHAP, it would be nice to grab a or two and head down to the water's edge and practicing.

That would be a blast. I would imagine after an hour or so of practice I could get back into the rhythm and after another hour of cocktails I'd forget everything I've learned.

I would like to see a pic of your huge GSF with a popper in their freakish unnaturally gaping maws taken off your fly rod yet in 09.

Oddly enough I've never caught a GSF on my pond on a fly rod, I have caught several on DIED's pond with a fly rod.

The only time you need to be embarrassed is when MOMO joins you for breakfast at the Lodge in the morning.

You've got to keep your eye on Momo, he parties like and animal.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I will make it a point to bring some rods with me to the conference.

I think that is a good idea!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Todd:

Did I just miss it, or were there no Loomis spinning or casting rods at the conference?

Do you know when they will be available?

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
No I don't have any loomis conventional rods yet, not sure when they will be available but I will check on it.

It's ALL about the fish!
G
george1 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
G
TFO’s new website is up ...
http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/

Support PB sponsors ......
Overton Fisheries is a TFO dealer ...
http://www.overtonfisheries.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Thanks George, I'm not yet listed on their website as a dealer so I am looking into that issue, but I do have a good stock of conventional TFO rods and fly rods as well.

It's ALL about the fish!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Donatello - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Theo Gallus - 03/28/24 10:27 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump
by esshup - 03/26/24 09:47 PM
Newly Uploaded Images