Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,119
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
4 members (Fishingadventure, RogersTailgate, jpsdad, anthropic), 843 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
The SKUNKS! Someone else saw those too? I thought it was just another hallucination.

For those who missed PBConIII and hence missed meeting TJ, he is like all the essence of Fatty McB distilled down to a container 1/2 the size.

Yes, it is scary.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Speaking of appearances, I didn't expect Dwight to be so tall. Dude is like 6' 3".

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
The SKUNKS! Someone else saw those too? I thought it was just another hallucination.

For those who missed PBConIII and hence missed meeting TJ, he is like all the essence of Fatty McB distilled down to a container 1/2 the size.

Yes, it is scary.

I was told someone needed to help fill the void created by his absence this year. When our paths cross, and I fully intend they do, I've been led to believe our collective energy would resemble the stability of C3H5N3O9.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

C
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
C
TJ...that will be like two hurricanes meeting each other. I can't wait to see that. Call me the next time you are in the Charlotte, Raleigh or Winston Salem area...I'll catch up with you then.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Sounds like a great time and thanks for the updates and documentation of the event for those of us who were unable to attend. I will definitely not be missing PBIV.

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Speaking of appearances, I didn't expect Dwight to be so tall. Dude is like 6' 3".

I think more like 6'5".

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Lunker
Lunker

Yes, it is scary.

I was told someone needed to help fill the void created by his absence this year. When our paths cross, and I fully intend they do, I've been led to believe our collective energy would resemble the stability of C3H5N3O9.

That would be the first sign of the apocalypse.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
FatMcB is like eleven feet tall.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Fatty concentrate; just add__________?

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

Yes, it is scary.

That would be the first sign of the apocalypse.

The two horsemen of the apocalypse...they looked scary enough, but kept falling off their saddles!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lunker
Lunker
ROTFLMAO!

-S. M. Stirling
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Sunil

Sunil, let's be honest here. From our veiwpoint 5'8" looks tall!!!!

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
What a great weekend! My trip back home was an adventure - got to the Branson airport at noon to try to catch an early flight, didn't happen, so I waited for my 5:30 PM flight that finally left at 10:30 PM. A lot of rain in Atlanta delayed everything - got to bed at 2:00 (in Atlanta) and got back to my house this morning about 11. Seem we had a few sprinkles here in Temple also:

You can see the water marks on the chair, so I figure my TH feeder is in trouble. My BOJO light spent some underwater time also.
Luckily the two drain pipes and spillway kept the water from going over the dam. More rain is predicted, but we can handle it.
I have a couple of picture from an afternoon at the lake at PB III.
JHAP & JWHAP arrive

Just do it...
Lunker
Lunker
RANDY!

1. Great meeting you at the conference. Thanks for you kind comments - I am stoked to know I have a new pond buddy in GA.
2. That delay STINKS! You could have pulled a TJ and slept in thinking you'd missed your flight by five hours and been just fine!
3. Awesome pics of your pond! Can you tell me what you think of your Bojo light? From what I've read on the forum, I bet your TH feeder is A-Okay - I hope your light survived too.
4. Great action photos of the conference.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Randy,
I have seen feeders get flooded before and still work. I even cleaned one out with a pressure washer once to get rid of wet/rotten food and it still works. So if the food did not get wet you might be okay. But if some food did get wet you will want to get it out of there before it dries. That food will turn to concrete when it gets wet and then dries. Not sure on the bo-jo. That’s a first for me. But let greg or I know if you need something for it or the feeder.

You can't judge a fish by looking at the pond--Bo Diddley
Lunker
Lunker
Nate and Greg sell them and probably have some suggestions for trouble shooting. I realize no one needs this reminder but a city boy like me, but please be careful when dealing with electrical devices in the water!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Randy,

Our sweeneys have flooded on more than one occassion, and they all lived to sling pellets again. My guess is that you'll have the same luck with the TH feeder.

Like mmorgan, we've even had to clean rotten, caked aquamax out of a feeder with a pressure washer. I'm thinking that car wash probably still has a "wanted" poster up with my mug on it.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
The TH will be fine. Give it a good cleaning, a good drying out and it'll be as good as new. A friend down in Texas has his flood so bad that the timers were under water, as was the battery. I cleaned it out when I visited a few days later, dried it and it worked fine. Get the food out ASAP. Take the plastic covers off and give everything down there a good cleaning. Wet food + heat + water = a stinky mess!!!

It looks like you had a hammer float onto the pier as well! How much rain did you have??

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I even looked up to dwight. the man is a beast.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Just wanted to report in,just got home.Just a couple of quick comments before I go stretch my legs after 9 hrs of driving home.
1)For those of you who couldnt make the conferance we did not have fun.
2)I did not have a cooler full of beer that I was pawning off on everybody.(That I got caught with.)
3)Nobody can prove I had dynamite in my possession at any time during the conferance.
4) Geogre,as per our agreement before I left I (A)did not cause any trouble(that I got caught at),(B) and I was very well behaved(as far as anyone can prove.All of us,however,did miss you.
I gotta go walk around now,it was a burtal drive home.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O

Yes, it is scary.

I had the pleasure of meeting TJ at my project a couple weeks ago and tend to agree with your assessment. When it comes to ponds and everything related, I think the term 'kid in a candystore' is quite relevant. Though, I would imagine that'd be relevant for most of us.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Wow! I had a blast meeting many of you guys and seeing all my friends from the previous meetings!! I have a few pictures to post as well...
Here are the winners of the fishing tournament: Dennis Luby & Bruce Condello 1st Place total weight (9.6 lbs) pictured in the center, 2nd Place total weight Heath Spence & Steve Alexander and Biggest Fish (~3.7lbs) was Robert Potts and the smallest catch prize went to Dr. Jim Morgan [img][IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/suemcruz/101_0237.jpg[/img][/img]

Eric West and Shawn Banks

My daughter Shannon - a future pond meister:

our late night friend at the Devil's Pool patio bar

The hands on aeration demo...

Last edited by ewest; 10/29/12 09:52 AM.

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Lunker
Lunker
Thank you to everyone at Pond Boss,

Last edited by 2catmom; 10/26/10 04:26 PM.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Notes of change from last year
1) Yip, Lusk is well on his way to skinny.
2) Eric (Ewest)...dude, you look like you took off a bunch of lbs. You look good; almost as good as...
3) Sue Cruz, who is down a few. Yeah baby.
4) I haven't met Shawn Banks, but why do I look at that pic and think of Moses?
5) Condello hasn't lost a single hair, but many have gone to the gray side. I'm also relieved to see that somebody finally found his cat.

Lunker
Lunker
I'm gonna post my pics in batches.

Fishing Tournament:

Bent Hook Marina as JHAP, JWHAP, Cody Martin, and I arrived at it. TomG can be seen hurrying off the gang plank. Tournament was delayed until the bomb squad inspected the marina, docks, and boats and pronounced "all clear."

Registration. Walter (Lusk's Utility Infielder) and Lupe (Otto's Right and Left Hand Man) can be seen in the blue and striped shirts.

My tour of Table Rock Lake (just a tiny portion, actually) was conducted by Captain JHAP. He's a pretty good boat handler. Coincidentally, it was a three hour tour.

One of many impressive properties on the lake. We think this is a vacation time share property. They advertise brunch on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Three of the tourney boats out fishing. Really good eyes can make out Jim Morgan of the Kingfisher Society (Richmond Mill Lake) in the middle boat. He's the tall one.

Weigh-In. L to R are Bob Lusk, tourney sponsor Vertex's Sue Cruz, and (IIRC) a BassPro official.

The winning bag of fish head for weigh in. Who'd have guessed, ehh?

-S. M. Stirling
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 05:43 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images