Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,116
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dave Davidson1, jpsdad), 719 guests, and 204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
AFV is a hilarious show. Glad to see things are looking up again.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
My prayers are with this young man and his family. I could not begin to say I know how they feel, I just can not amagine what they are going thru. The organizations I am a member of will have this family in our prayers.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
How about another update!

Another update from Bob (early evening): Matt MIGHT get to come HOME Thursday or Friday! Home: meaning back to Kansas City - he will be in a re-hab facility! I will update as soon as we know for SURE!!!
He's still running a fever though?
Loving the POWER of PRAYER! Loving the everyone who has and is 'there' for our family!
We appreciate you!
From this afternoon:
Update from Bob: Yesterday the Physical Therapist had Matt in a special wheel chair. So, Bob got permission to take him out of the room and took Matt to a court yard off of Matt's floor. Bob said Matt's left eye was wide open and he seemed to like being outside and the change of scenery.
His spinal fluid pressure was checked yesterday and it was at 130 - same as a few days ago - it's stable and at a good number. Matt has been running a slight fever the last few days and is taking tylenol.

Keeping Matt in your thoughts and prayers comforts us - thank you!

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
We'll continue to pray and pray that he gets to sleep in his own bed by this weekend!

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
SWEET UPDATE from Mom!

MATT IS COMING HOME ON FRIDAY!!!
Well - to the Children's Mercy Hospital, but, not the rehab facility yet. WOO-HOO!
Matt will be on a Medical Flight and Bob will fly back on a commercial flight. We will be at the hospital waiting for Matt!

I will let everyone know the time Matt gets to Kansas City and when he can have visitors!

Thank you for your positive thoughts & prayers!

peace - light & love ~ Shari, Bob, Emileigh and our Awesome, Amazing, Strong - Mattie - Bobby - Matt - Matthew - Meeth !!!

A little snow, Please!
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Wonderful, so glad to hear...

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I am very happy to hear this. \:\) What a great day.

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
That's great

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Awesome news Bob.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Great news !!! Thanks for the update.

Trials can you provide an address (home or hospital) ?

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
ewest their home address is:
Bob and Shari Hernan
1705 Cinnabar Drive
Raymore, Mo. 64083

I don't know which one of the Children's Mercy Hospital he will be moved to though, or at least I haven't asked them yet.

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Mom's Update! WOOHOOOO!!!!

Right now Matt is on a flight back to KC!! He has 2 nurses with him, 2 pilots and 2 assistants! The plane will be landing about 1:00/1:30 and then he will be on an ambulance to Children's Mercy Hospital - downtown. Of course, Nonnie and I will be waiting at the hospital for Matt to arrive. As soon as I know what room, visiting hours, etc...I will update the site. I will be staying the night with Matt tonight and Bob's flight gets in after 10 pm. We will continue to take turns spending the night with him.

Again, thank you sooooooo very very much for your thoughts and prayers and we would love for everyone to continue, if you don't mind? Matt has a long - long road to recovery. We are praying he will get the same wonderful care as he did in Little Rock. Everyone at both hospitals were WONDERFUL, the hotel: Markham House Suites too! Everyone there helped us in so many ways! We even met someone thru my cousin. Lauri Holtz - she brought us 2 delicious dinners! Thank You Lauri.

Also, a very special 'THANK YOU' to the person(s) who took care of our trip; our flights and our stay at the hotel. So generous and thoughtful! It was one less worry and we appreciate everything! Thank You!

I (we) are looking forward to the day Matt is healthy and we can help others that are in a similar situation. While I was at the hospital, I came up with a few ideas.

(for Matthew) You, Lord, protect me and You preserve my life; You bless me. You sustain me on my sickbed and restore me from my bed of illness. Psalm 42:11

peace-light & love, The Hernan's

Last edited by trialsguy; 08/21/09 03:40 PM. Reason: for the WOOOHOOO!

A little snow, Please!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: trialsguy

(for Matthew) You, Lord, protect me and You preserve my life; You bless me. You sustain me on my sickbed and restore me from my bed of illness. Psalm 42:11

Amen!

Keep the good news comin, man!

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
More news from Mom, My adams apple felt funny and swelled up on me when I read this one. ;\)

Matt is at Children's Mercy Hospital. 4H - room 16. He was here at about 1:30. Our Case Worker was waiting with him when Nonnie and I got here. I kissed his face all over! I can do that - I'm the MOM! \:\) Anyway, I had him laughing and then a team of doctors came in to meet Matt and they started dancing and he was really laughing!

Visiting hours are from 9 to 9 every day and Bob and I can stay all night.
Nonnie stayed with us and then went to get Emileigh and picked up dinner for the 3 of us. Uncle Doug & Aunt Deb are picking up Bob from the airport - his flight changed and his flight will be here at 11 pm.

peace - light & love ~ shari for the hernan family

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Just read the update on Caring Bridge. I'll let Bob paste it here though, but wanted to say I'm jealous. Matt got to meet Billy Butler, 1B for the Royals. I was following his career through the minors so consider me envious. ;\)

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
HE HE you got it before I did, Mom's Update

Shewee - I have a lot to catch up on in updating Matt's site!

I'll start where I left off on Friday. Bob's plane didn't get in to KC until AFTER MIDNIGHT! Thank you Uncle Doug and Aunt Deb for picking him up so late.

Saturday: Unk Jim came to visit Matt and brought balloons. He stayed most of the morning with us. Bob and Emileigh came up and the 3 of us stayed with Matt all day. I stayed the night with Matt.

Sunday: Bob and Emileigh came up around noon and Matt had several visitors! Uncle Doug, Aunt Deb & Ali, they brought him a Dave Chappelle DVD. Aunt Darce, Uncle Mike and Jake visited! Aunt Darce made us chocolate chip cookies and brought Matt a STYX CD (Matt likes Rock Music)! Nonnie and PaPa came to visit after the Royals game and then...Randy and Nathan came to visit!!!! Matt was having a good day with all of his visitors - sleeping most of the time - but, when Nathan (his best friend) came in - he woke right up and was smiling and laughing! They stayed for a couple of hours then Randy had to get Nathan back to Springfield to start school.
After that visit, PaPa, Bob & Emileigh went to get Gates BBQ for our dinner - thanks PAPA! We were starving! ;\) I believe it was a good day for all of us - especially Matt!
(We found out PaPa has to have surgery on Sept 9th to remove his gall bladder).
Sunday night Bob stayed with Matt. Monday morning Matt had all the therapies: OT, PT and speech therapy. Aunt Traci & Blair came to visit Matt and brought balloons!!
Tuesday was a very busy day too!~ By the way - Happy Birthday Uncle Jimmy and Happy Anniversary Nonnie & Papa - YESTERDAY \:\)
A lot of doctors, therapist and case workers were in and out. Uncle Jimmy came to visit too! Matt got the biggest smile on his face when he heard Uncle Jimmy's voice before he saw him!

Jeff brought Billy Butler (1st baseman) with the Kansas City Royals to visit Matt. He brought him a bat and signed it - and signed a jersey Matt already had. We have a picture I will post as soon as I get it down loaded. Matt was sooooooooooooooo very very happy!
WOW - huh?

Matt has been weepy the last few mornings. Maybe I can give you a clear picture of Matt. We know he can hear us and his left eye opens and he recognizes us. His right eye still stays closed. Matt is moving his arms just a little bit. We know he is frustrated with that. Matthew has always been very active, so we know he wants to be doing stuff on his own! We are praying for his "faith","determination" and "strong will" that has gotten him this far in his journey to come out and keep him going! Please pray with us and for us. Pray for his determination, strength, faith a long with Emileigh, Bob and myself. This is and has been a long journey already and we need and want to be there for Matt to get where HE wants to be: walking, talking, playing baseball, basketball, golf, sports in general, writing, drawing, creating, movie making, etc... and as well as I know my son, he will want to help others with their journey!

Bob stayed with Matt last night after he and I went to a 'meet the teachers' night for Emileigh.

Right now Matt is on the Hemonc floor (4th) he really doesn't need to be on this floor but, they all of the doctors and therapists are deciding when Matt will be able to go to the Rehab floor. We all are hoping this move will be soon. Today Aunt Traci came to visit bearing gifts as usual - she spoils us! She brought Matt movies and Bob Gates BBQ for lunch.

peace - light & love, Shari for the Hernan Family!

A little snow, Please!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
We'll keep pulling for Matt.

He's going through more than most of us ever have to endure.

Stong kid.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Mom's update

We have faith Matt keep up the fight big Man!

Yesterday Matt was moved to the REHAB floor/5th floor - 5 Sutherland. His room number is #1 at Children's Mercy. Matt had a busy day yesterday. All therapies and a couple of exams. He had to go to the Ear, Nose & Throat doctor to have is hearing checked. His left ear is perfect, but his right ear drum was actually sutured shut because of the leak. Now, he can barely hear out of his right ear and he cannot see out of his right eye - all because of the damage on his nerves from the tumor.
Early yesterday morning, Matt woke me up with 'sounds' he was making. That is a good sign. He has been 'weepy' the last few days - either because he's frustrated and/or in pain. Bob thinks it's only when I am with him. Possibly he feels ok to let his emotions out?

The Doctor's suggested Matthew be put on a medication for a syndrome they think Matt might have - it's called "Locked In" Syndrome. He started the med on Wednesday. They are hoping this will help Matt become more 'awake' - so to speak. When I kissed Matthew good-bye last night - he did flinch a little bit! I also noticed last night - he grabbed the bed rail.

To be totally honest, yesterday was 'one' of the more difficult days I've had. I think it was a mixture of emotions, mostly realizing what a strong son I have, the difficult road a head of him and all of the damage the tumor has done to Matthew's body! Also, because I know he wants to communicate with us so badly...and I would give anything to take his place - to make everything all better for him. (I know Bob feels the exact same way)! Thank God for Bob - he is a strong man; a wonderful father to Matt and Emileigh and a thoughtful husband - he is our ROCK!
We will continue believing GOD has a SPECIAL plan for Matthew and know he will give Matt and our family the love, strength and courage we need to help Matt! We have FAITH! We have family and friends who love and pray for Matt. By the Grace of God Matthew will be healed and we will all be inspired by Matt's journey.

WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER AND POSITIVE THINKING!

Peace - Light & Love, Shari for the Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Keep the good news coming.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Man, that was hard to read. Thanks for the update as usual Bob. Keep us informed. I know it might seem strange that basic strangers are as interested in your updates as we are, but believe when I say that I look for this subscribed thread in my email whenever I open it. Stay strong Matt, you're a heckuva kid.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
We have all of you in our prayers daily. May the Lord bless and take care of all of you.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Bob,

Lauri and I continue to pray for Matt as well as people from our church. By your report i can't tell if that sounds good or bad???? Sounds like a tough time for all of you and Matt. I hope and pray he gets better. The boy has reached and touched a lot of people and still is. His purpose in life may be happening as we speak and we don't even relize it!!!

Keep the faith,
God Bless RC51 and family.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
We are planning on a visit next weekend, I should have already been down there but I wanted them guys to get settled in here but it seems they are always looking for company and don't mind the visitors anytime till 9pm. It seems to be a roller coaster ride of up and down days but to me it sounds like Matt is inching forward. He is making progress and Mom says he raised his right arm! We are praying full steam ahead.

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Mom's update from the caringbridge site

This Prayer was on my FACEBOOK tonight when I got home from the hospital. I wanted to share it:

A PRAYER FOR MATTHEW
God of the Universe, we implore Thee: cast Thy Holy Gaze upon Thy humble servant, Matthew, and have mercy upon him. Sprinkle his feverish brow with Thy Infinite Love and Compassion. Shower him with the Everlasting Rapture of his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We pray Thee to allow Matthew to live a long and productive life in service to Thee. We pray for his mother, Shari; father, Bob, sister, Emileigh, Uncle Jim, his extended family, and host of friends and loved ones. Help them and help us, Heavenly Father, to understand Thy Will. Thou art the Alpha and the Omega, the End-all, Be-all, Whose love surpasses all human understanding. With the sure knowledge that Thou art the Final Arbiter of our lives and our salvation, we ask that Thou hearest our prayer and heed our love for Matthew. When the time comes, decreed by thy Supreme Wisdom, for Matthew to enter into the cradle of Thy Divine and Eternal Love, help us to understand and to glorify Thy Hallowed Name such that It echoes across the heavens and the earth forever and ever.
We ask this in Thy Holy Name and according to Thy Will, Amen!

Matt has a long 3 days! Friday was great! Had LOTS of visitors; Thank you, Traci, Blair, Rosemary, Belinda, PaPa, Nonnie, Aunt Deb, Uncle Doug, Mesha, Dave & Jarod Camden for visiting and for the gifts you brought for Matt! Saturday, PaPa & Nonnie came to stay with Matt during the day so Bob and I could spend some time together. We had lunch together. It was nice - we were exhausted, but it was nice to have the time together. Saturday afternoon is when Matt started not feeling well and it lasted until this afternoon. It was too quiet; with just me, Bob and Emileigh with Matt the whole weekend.
Today was a busy one for Matt - he had OT, PT, Speech & Music Therapy and a teacher came by to read to him. Also, he had to have another xray of his chest - the Doctors are watching Matt for pneumonia. I spent the night last night and Matt was up most of the night. He was exhausted by this afternoon and finally took a nap at 4:30 pm. Bob is with him tonight. Emileigh and I left about 9:15 pm. Matt had 2 great nurses caring for him tonight. That always makes me more comfortable thru the night.

On September 9, 2009 (09-09-09) @ 9:00 AM or PM (OR BOTH), PLEASE light a candle for Matthew - for his fight, for his strength, for his faith, for his endurance, for his HEALING- for MATTHEW ROBERT HERNAN!!!!!

peace - light & love, shari for The Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/29/24 01:06 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails