Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,485
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
3 members (ArkieJig, buzzdpm, Steve Clubb), 1,019 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Glad somebody enjoyed this...

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Dave funny you posted I started to do the same on Friday. I had to deal with some personal issues but finally signed up and heck just to helpout went ahead and got a booth. We are super excited. I will have family there for vacation as well as bringing three employees.

If no one has said this so I will Bob sticks his neck out on a limb with the conference. I think this is very professionally done and surprised so far at the lack of registered attendees. I hope you right Ewest about spots being filled by BPS, etc. We need to get folks motivated to be there. There is not better money spent than at this conference. You cannot replace the advice you will get for the $150 fee. I’m excited about he hands on aspect of this conference. It should be a great teaching tool. I hope to see everyone there.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I sent in my Convention registration today and will send in my meals package ASAP most likely before the deadline. Gonna have to do this as I go but can't wait to be there. I think I'm going to call up that lawyer again whose bass is done, but is dragging his feet. I know he wouldn't hesitate if I owed him money!

The wife may now be interested in going so I'm going to try and convince her to let me reserve a room and pay it off before the CC bill is due.

I had an offer to share a room but I owe it to Bob and the rest of the Pond Boss family to make this thing work and not leave Bob hanging. Besides if the wife is going...

Looking forward to coming! Come on folks if I can do it you can do it!

Edit:

The wife is making resort reservations tomorrow!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 07/08/09 09:37 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Greg,I know its a very informative couple of days,but thats not really why Im going.Im really going to support PondBoss and see all of you again.Its a family reunion,without the 2 or3 jerks that show up at em. \:\)

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
For those who may be on the fence - go read the last 2 PB Conv. reports. The outpouring of personal feelings about and toward this PB family and its members is unmatched. While you will learn a lot (this PB III is geared to hands on do it yourself knowledge ) the friendships created and enjoyed are lifelong treasures. There are also a ton of great exhibitors / booths. I hope to see each of you there. Come by the mods booth and visit.

2007 - http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92619#Post92619

2008 - http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=124648#Post124648

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
(this PB III is geared to hands on do it yourself knowledge )

I guess I'll talk to Bob about setting up a demolition booth and plan on bringing explosives.Everyone should be able to enjoy the thrill of BOOM.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
I finally got around to registering for the conference this morning. \:\)

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
P
PFV Offline
Lunker
Lunker
P
Wow. I have only been on this board for a few short weeks, and already felt like a "friend of the family", so all the pics were cool. It's nice to put a name with a face.

Thanks ewest for posting the links to the previous conferences.

And Theo has it right about Whataburger!! Thay are considered a Texas treasure. When I used to take cross country motorcycle trips, as soon as I hit the state line coming home, I was huntin' me a Whataburger!! I think they put crack or somethin' in them suckers cause they are ADDICTIVE!!

"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets"... Charleton Heston
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well I've been avoiding this for the past couple of weeks but here it is. It is with a heavy heart that I must report that Ricki and I will not be able to attend this year's conference.

We both were so looking forward to going, the location is so beautiful, the knowledge gained is ever so needed, and the camaraderie just cannot be equaled.

Not to bore you with details but because of unforeseen expenses related Ricki's father's illness attending the conference is just not in the budget this year. My excitement at the prospect of attending another conference was heartfelt and, had circumstances been different this year, we would have joined you all in September. In difficult times family supports family, both spiritually and financially, and lord knows we have endured some difficult times this year.

I will miss seeing all of you tremendously. I pride myself in being a man of my word and am ashamed at breaking my commitment, however this tragic turn of events was unavoidable. I apologize to all for committing to going to the conference and then backing out on my commitment.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
JHAP,

I feel your pain. You, Ricki, and I will be absent this year, but we can wreck the party next year!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Jeff, Ricki, and David, so sorry y'all will miss out this year. It won't be the same without you!
I understand, and there are probably a lot of us that are in a similar boat, but things will get better,
and we'll have a great conference in 2010

Just do it...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I just completed my registration.

For anyone attending, I have a listing of cell phone numbers mainly from attendees of the last two shows.

If you want a copy of the list, or you want to have your cell phone number added to the list, send me a PM along with an email address so I can forward the total list to you.

It's just around the corner now!!!!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Hi Sunil~ Are you going to fish in the tournament? What day are you coming in?

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I think some of us are doing a leisure boat ride on Thursday afternoon at the same time as the tournament, so no, I'm not fishing the tournie.

I haven't booked my travel yet but I am planning on coming out on Thursday morning.

Last edited by ewest; 08/03/09 01:19 PM.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
DJT Offline
Lunker
Lunker
D
For those of you who haven't booked rooms yet you should do so quickly. I did so today and had to get one of the Thunderhead fishing cabins to stay my price range instead of a room at the main building. The lady said they are filling rooms fast. They sent pics of the cabins and they look pretty neat and come with a small kitchen which will come in very handy. It sure beats my original plan of making Ramen noddles in the coffee pot and grilled cheese sandwiches with the steam iron.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: DJT
It sure beats my original plan of making Ramen noddles in the coffee pot and grilled cheese sandwiches with the steam iron.

CLASSIC!!! Welcome back to bachelor days!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Lunker
Lunker
I'm in - cabin on the lake - rooms [except for deluxe king] are booked unless you want to shuffle rooms.

Two BR cabin with kitchen are 160/night.

Now to get registered for the conference....

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Have we got a list anywhere of those that have actually officially registered for the Conference?

Just do it...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I'm in the Valley View.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I am . Working on a good presentation on Hands on Structure.

Last edited by ewest; 08/12/09 04:36 PM.

Lunker
Lunker
Oh, yes, the Valley View...probably casts a shadow over my poor fisherman's cabin. Give me a head's up before you dump your chamber pot on my roof so I can close the windows, please.

Lunker
Lunker
Actual flush toilets in the Valley View.

So we won't need to borrow the privy at your cabin. ;\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Oh, yes, the Valley View...probably casts a shadow over my poor fisherman's cabin. Give me a head's up before you dump your chamber pot on my roof so I can close the windows, please.

The wifey and I are in the Valley View too. I promise I'll bring some hydrated lime to put in my chamber pot.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Lunker
Lunker
All I have to say is bottle rockets can fire UPHILL as well as down upon we commoners...and there's a few firework stands between Lincoln and the conference.

There is unrest in the forest...

Food for thought, elitists!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
All I have to say is bottle rockets can fire UPHILL as well as down upon we commoners...and there's a few firework stands between Lincoln and the conference.

There is unrest in the forest...

Food for thought, elitists!

You serfs are all alike!

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy