Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
macman59, jm96, flowindustrial, ksueotto58, John Folchetti
18,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,941
Posts557,756
Members18,480
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,498
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,139
Who's Online Now
8 members (esshup, Fishingadventure, Joe7328, Foozle, Freunb02, Dave Davidson1, Bill Cody, catscratch), 983 guests, and 225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Bob, my mind is always cranking on the best use of our Jesse West funds! \:\) I've got one idea in the works right now -- the bait is out, and I'll see if the student bites. Then, you, Eric and I can have a discussion. If it falls in place, I think our forum folks will especially be pleased.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Lunker
Lunker
I saw those recent photos, your face looks thinner, and the bass look bigger! I bet the success in every pound lost spurs you on, and if it is easy, that is cool, usually it is a grocery shopping and cooking nightmare that people don't have time to keep up with.
Maybe you can be a celebrity endorser of this plan, you jet setting dog, now helicopters, how cool is that, I want to be you!

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Lunker
Lunker
Dibs on your Pond Boss/GFC shirts when they get too big for you.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
The "Lunker to Juvenile" diet. great work, Bob. I am glad you realize the pounds will get a little harder to take off. Watch out that you dont lose too much muscle mass. Do some exercising.

I watch UFC while thinking about a really tough Yoga discipine, and do 12 oz. curls. I'm getting there.

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Theo...you're gonna have to swell up quite a bit more to fit into my 3X shirts, but all the best to ya for it.

I promised a few photos and got an email from Brettski this morning, so I humbly present another "before" shot along with a couple of "during" shots. We'll save the "after" for when I'm done.

At the Purina Mills Expo in Phoenix in January

Mark Griffin and I giving a speech at the Expo.

This morning, outside on the porch.

The obligatory side pose....

Down about 30 so far....another 20 and you people are broke. That's just a start, methinks. I don't think 20 will be enough. Losing about 5 pounds every week right now...that will surely slow down, but I must tell all of you that this is the easiest diet/eating program I have ever done.

I did the Medifast program in the early 90's. It was terrible...effective but terrible. Now, fast forward 15-20 years, and it's the easiest thing to do. I can't believed I stayed fat for so long.

For those of you considering a program, I would sure look at Medifast.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Quite the Stud-Muffin now!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Yeah, sure....heavy on the "muffin".

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
are black shirts thinning or thickening? i cant remember. regardless, lookin good bob, congratulations and continued good luck.

GSF are people too!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
If he shaves off that beard after the biggest loser competition, he's gonna look skinnier than Otto !
(edit); I can just see jealous Otto wearing stripes to the jobsite. Make sure they're vertical.

Last edited by Brettski; 05/06/09 02:32 PM. Reason: helping Mike make Blackwell's list
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Hey, I have some old PB mags with Otto in a Before picture.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Lunker
My husband wants to loose weight, I keep telling him of your success, maybe he will check it out, like getting an easy button to loose the weight. What exactly is it that makes the plan successful compared to other plans? Is it constantly eating small portions so you don't overeat later? If so, I'm in trouble cause I forget to eat once it is nice outside, I just go outside and get lost in my garden and the lake.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
What makes it successful is actual a number of things.
1) A person doesn't have to think about what they plan to eat. They eat according to the plan.
2) Eat 6 times daily, 5 meal subsitutes...bars, soups, oatmeal, shakes, drinks and one 'real' meal, called 'lean and green'...meat and green vegetables.
3) You are never hungry
4) The 'first' weight falls off fast, so it's encouraging.
5) It costs less money than grocery shopping. There's a fee for the program, but the food costs about $10 a day, plus the 'lean and green' which might cost $3-5.
6) Your body metabolizes your fat, using it for energy while preserving your lean body tissue. When this happens, you go into a process called ketosis, where your body produces ketones as a byproduct of fat burning. When this happens, your energy levels rise measurably.
7) It's easy!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Are you exercising at all, Luskie?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well Bob, now you've gone and done it. I hesitate to post this but....

JHAP is fat....wanna play?

I joined weight watchers on Monday. Years ago I used this system and it worked for me (BTW I only had 30 pounds to lose at that time). There's something about recording everything you eat that appeals to my bean counterness. So that's the system I'm using. I'm going to start exercising (I'm getting a workout room in order - spare bedroom).

So here it goes. I hate to post this but JHAP weighed in on Monday at 284. My ultimate goal weight is 180. I use to be fit and trim and very active (worked out 4 days a week, trained in martial arts two nights a week and surfed like a zealot) and let that all go. DIED pointed out to me that I kept saying "I use to do this and I use to do that" and that thought has been bouncing around the empty portions of my cranium since he mentioned it. I was one of the fattest guys at the 2008 Pond Boss conference. Imagine my shock when I stood next to "Fatty McButterpants" and looked like the before photo (ok shorter and balder as well, dang this is just not getting any better, why did I even bring that up?).

So here it is. For every pound you loose between now and convention I'll pledge a buck. And for every pound I loose between now and convention I'll add another buck.

Oh and there are enough before photos of my floating around already. I'm not going to add fuel to the fire. I'll post a skinnier photo when I'm skinnier.

JHAP's not chasing ding dongs any more. Thanks for posting this thread, you've inspired me.

(BTW I'm not trying to compete with Bob's fund raising efforts, I'm just trying to lose weight. I wrote "JHAP is fat... wanna play?" to ease my way into this big fat confession.)

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
Bravo! jeffhasaplan!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Lunker
Lunker
Isn't it great how one good thing leads to another? I usually loose 5 pounds without trying as soon as the weather breaks because of all the gardening, recaliming sand from the lake, mowing the yard with a walk behind mower. The last 2 years I have done the Treadmill every day pretty much in the winter, or Sweating to the Oldies, and now Flirty Girl Fitness, as the same routine gets very boring. I think the exercise really helps you stay happy in these long Michigan winters. Pretty soon I won't do the inside stuff anymore, instead add the Kayak with the pedals, and GF Lakechair and I have our bikes out to patrol our village and the creek upstream and downstream, I'm wearing the Boys of Summer Shirt when we go across to two other lakes not in our development, but they still have the crappy company over there.
Bob's plan sounds very scientific, and I am guessing the med part means they monitor your vitals through the process.
I know Weight Watchers works too.
At the age we are now, I don't cook those big dinners like I used to either, much smaller healthier meals, less fast food.
If I dump the normal 5 lbs I will be very happy.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
FIVE POUNDS??? 5???

Sheesh, I've eaten cheeseburgers that weighed more than that. (Not anymore of course).

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Sorry 2Cat, that sounded a little harsh. I think I'm suffering from junk food withdrawl.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Go JHAP!
We're rootin' for you!
Jeff, if you want, you can take a look at what I am doing. There are four Medifast centers in the San Diego area. Go to http://www.medifastcenters.com and you can find them. I'm telling you, it's absolutely the easiest thing I have ever done. No pressure, no mind games, just focus and do it.
Sunil, I am on the treadmill 2-3 times a week, 20-25 minutes at 4.5 mph.
This is a killer...when I started this plan, they told me "no exercise for the first 3 weeks." Dude, I was in!
But now, with a wheelbarrow of butter missing from around my gut, I have new energy and actually WANT to exercise. As a matter of fact, I made 5 seine pulls today grabbing lmb fry to transfer to a grow out pond and I wasn't a bit tired.
(I'll post those photos in a new thread in a minute...we caught and photographed some cool biological stuff.)
Oh, yes, I went to the Medifast Center today and weighed...down 32 pounds in 38 days.

Lunker
Lunker
You go guys!!!! I'm proud of you.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Very inspirational! it has got me thinking...

By the way, put me in for $1 as well. Plus a $1 as well for every pound JHAP drops by July 15th!

Brian
Retired Coach

Just another day in paradise!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Thanks Bob, I appreciate the support. My dad used Medifast years ago. It worked quite well for him. For me there is something oddly comforting about carefully logging what I eat and assigning a points value to it and comparing that to a points budget. Then through out the day calculating your unspent program budget to aid you in determining what to eat. The you can calculate budget versus actual deviations and plot them on three dimensional graphs. Man I love 3D graphs.

Actually it's not all that difficult and there are two programs in weight watchers, one of which does not involve any counting. (I don't want to discourage any one from trying WW if they feel so inclined).

Losing weight isn't difficult. Eat less and move around more. It's not rocket surgery.

Thanks Coach that's very kind of you.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Losing weight isn't difficult. Eat less and move around more. It's not rocket surgery.

for some reason jhap, that statement struck me as the wisest thing i have ever heard.....except for that rocket surgery part .......which now that i think about it is a clever combination of rocket brains and surgery science.

Last edited by dave in el dorado ca; 05/08/09 01:12 PM.

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca
for some reason jhap, that statement struck me as the wisest thing i have ever heard.....

That's because, although I'm no where near as old as Brettski, I'm ever so much older than you and with age comes wisdom. Actually I can't take credit for either of those two sayings, the first part I heard on the radio about two weeks ago and the second part someone posted here on the forums before.

Oh and did you see how I got the cheap shot in on Brettski? With age comes trechery as well.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

Oh and did you see how I got the cheap shot in on Brettski? With age comes trechery as well.

...and notable weight loss, so plan on it since 500# is alot of bowling balls to be carrying around. After 48 years old, most of it disappears in the derrierre (you won't understand this unless you speak Porturalian).

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Jenna
Recent Posts
Hi there quick question on going forward
by Joe7328 - 04/17/24 07:33 PM
How many LMB to remove?
by Foozle - 04/17/24 07:20 PM
Opportunistic Munchers
by DrewSh - 04/17/24 03:58 PM
No feed HSB or CC small pond?