Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
jschmid19, 7hjd2, Aquacide, Jeweti24, corgi
15737 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15737 Members
36 Forums
36210 Topics
493256 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24029
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19651
Dave Davidson1 13657
Bill Cody 12621
Who's Online
5 registered (mattmonster1991, wannapond0001, Farmpond5343, ryjohn, Bobbss), 120 Guests and 423 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#130826 - 08/29/08 12:57 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Sunil]
jeffhasapond Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Loc: Pond in No CA, Me in So CA
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
The Redear Sunfish does not yeild to pedestrians.

When walking, the Redeared Sunfish does not "Wait To Cross" no matter how much the red "hand" light at the cross walk is it blinking.

Basically Redeared Sunfish ignore virtually all laws including the laws of nature.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)

#130840 - 08/29/08 02:02 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: jeffhasapond]
dave in el dorado ca Offline
Ambassador
Lunker

Loc: el dorado ca
speculation on the origin of res madness.....

they were just plain jealous of how cute their northern cousins are.........

#130846 - 08/29/08 02:10 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: dave in el dorado ca]
ewest Offline
Hall of Fame 2014

Lunker

Loc: Miss.
You notice that those little-bitty northern cousins don't dare get in the same pond with boss RES. \:o

IMO the boss RES is a handsome fish (no mamby-pamby cute stuff for RES). \:D

I am one fish.

#130902 - 08/30/08 10:54 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: ewest]
jeffhasapond Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Originally Posted By: ewest
IMO the boss RES is a handsome fish (no mamby-pamby cute stuff for RES).

Redeared Sunfish believe that the Pumpkinseed is out of it's gourd and should be squashed.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

#130911 - 08/30/08 11:17 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: jeffhasapond]
Theo Gallus Offline
Lunker

Loc: Central Ohio
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Redeared Sunfish believe that the Pumpkinseed is out of it's gourd and should be squashed.

JHAP demonstrates that he is a triple-threat, even without wearing swim fins.

#141176 - 12/11/08 02:37 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: PondsForFun]
Theo Gallus Offline
Lunker

Originally Posted By: PondsForFun
It could be very dangerous to stock RES and smallmouth in the same pond.

Oops! I missed this warning. It's too late now...

P.S. If anything bad happens, it should hit Brettski first.

Edited by Theo Gallus (12/11/08 02:38 PM)

#141187 - 12/11/08 04:06 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Theo Gallus]
Brettski Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Loc: Illinois
I miss PFF....he was so insightful.
How much is it gonna cost to rotenone 5 acres?

#149803 - 02/18/09 10:19 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Brettski]
Chris Steelman Offline

Lunker

Loc: Red River County,Tx
I went electrofishing last week on a grad students project and caught a Redear. I had my aquarium set up so I brought it home.

Well last night I heard a weird noise coming from the filter pump. I turned on the light to see the Redear staring at me.

Here he is. I am thinking about moving the tank to the living room and locking my door at night.

#149810 - 02/18/09 10:41 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Chris Steelman]
Bruce Condello Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Loc: United States
He looks like he's scheming.

#149814 - 02/18/09 11:25 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Bruce Condello]
CJBS2003 Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker

Loc: northern VA
Never put an aquarium in your bedroom... I swear the fish scheme all night on how to get out of their tank and smother me! HAHA

#149815 - 02/18/09 11:30 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: CJBS2003]
CJBS2003 Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker

Being new to this forum, this is the first I read this thread... Having read back to page one, I have finally come to the conclusion you all are nuts! But I say that as a compliment! Honestly, I do!

#149816 - 02/18/09 11:35 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: CJBS2003]
burgermeister Offline
Lunker

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Uh Oh. I just called a redear puny on another thread. Can I take it back? I know the answer. I can take it back, but it still wont matter.

#149839 - 02/19/09 06:38 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: CJBS2003]
TOM G Offline
Lunker

Loc: Dawson Tx
 Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
Being new to this forum, this is the first I read this thread... Having read back to page one, I have finally come to the conclusion you all are nuts! But I say that as a compliment! Honestly, I do!

It took you 251 posts to figure that out?I suggest you be very careful at the conferance this year

#149848 - 02/19/09 08:55 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: TOM G]
Theo Gallus Offline
Lunker

Originally Posted By: TOM G

It took you 251 posts to figure that out?I suggest you be very careful at the conferance this year

We may be able to make some really good deals with cj in the first day or so, until he wises up. ;\)

#149852 - 02/19/09 09:22 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Theo Gallus]
Sunil Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014

Lunker

Loc: Somerset, PA
CJBS's black lab may be smart, but CJBS might not be the quickest study.
(kidding, just kidding!)

#149956 - 02/19/09 07:39 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Sunil]
CJBS2003 Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker

HAHA, perhaps this is why I will not be making the conference this year... I need to learn a little bit more from you guys. I can guarantee you, 2010 I'll be there though!

#149996 - 02/19/09 09:48 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: CJBS2003]
catmandoo Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Loc: Hampshire Co., WV

HAHA, perhaps this is why I will not be making the conference this year... I need to learn a little bit more from you guys. I can guarantee you, 2010 I'll be there though!

Heck, if you want to "learn a little bit more . . ." the conference would be the perfect place. I can't think of anyone (except maybe Howard the Van Driver) who hasn't had a fantastic time at the two Pond Boss national conventions.

My wife, who doesn't share my fish fever, and who also thinks we are all nuts (she has proof) made reservations within milliseconds of posting this year's sign-up Pond Boss 2009 Conference Brochure.

We plan to make it a family get together and vacation.

I was welcomed by this group from my very first post, and I've never been disappointed.

Please think about bringing your family to join a light-hearted group that is extremely serious and well educated about pond management.

Your neighbor,
Ken

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!

#150001 - 02/19/09 10:10 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: catmandoo]
Theo Gallus Offline
Lunker

Originally Posted By: catmandoo
I can't think of anyone (except maybe Howard the Van Driver) who hasn't had a fantastic time at the two Pond Boss national conventions.

Howard didn't have all that bad a time. His ex-wife did miss when she shot at him, you may recall.

#150005 - 02/19/09 10:27 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Theo Gallus]
catmandoo Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Loc: Hampshire Co., WV
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Howard didn't have all that bad a time. His ex-wife did miss when she shot at him, you may recall.

Seeing the bullet hole in the windshield, Lynda and I sat on the very back seat of the van, behind JHAP.

This year, we should have fewer Friday night navigation issues if we all bring our GPS units -- and since the dinner is scheduled to be on the lawn in front of the lodge!

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!

#150009 - 02/19/09 10:55 PM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: catmandoo]
Brettski Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Loc: Illinois

This year, we should have fewer Friday night navigation issues if we all bring our GPS units -- and since the dinner is scheduled to be on the lawn in front of the lodge!

...dinner music courtesy of Sunil on the 12 string with Theo's mellow sounds on the dirigidoo.

#150020 - 02/20/09 12:04 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Brettski]
Bruce Condello Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

If you Google "big redear sunfish", sittin' there in a big fat 13th place is the Pond Boss thread "Several unknown facts about redear sunfish". \:D

#150022 - 02/20/09 12:22 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Bruce Condello]
Yolk Sac Offline

Lunker

Loc: Nashville
This is interesting, and a testament to the growth and popularity of the forum.

It is instructive to note, however, that if you google "Angry Redear Sunfish" this thread is in 1st place!

Well, when swimmers start disappearing all over the country this summer, we can tell'em we told you so.

#150026 - 02/20/09 12:36 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Yolk Sac]
Bruce Condello Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
...It is instructive to note, however, that if you google "Angry Redear Sunfish" this thread is in 1st place!

By golly, you're right!

How funny is that?

When you really think about it, Yolkie is probably the first person to ever actually Google "Angry Redear Sunfish". \:D

#150030 - 02/20/09 12:52 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: Bruce Condello]
Yolk Sac Offline

Lunker

Loc: Nashville
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Concello
When you really think about it, Yolkie is probably the first person to ever actually Google "Angry Redear Sunfish".

Well, I was researching information on current problems in my life, and the hundreds of thousands of hits that were produced by "Angry Teenage Daughter" just made it seem too overwhelming to start there.

#150119 - 02/20/09 10:52 AM Re: Several unknown fact about redear sunfish [Re: catmandoo]
jeffhasapond Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Seeing the bullet hole in the windshield, Lynda and I sat on the very back seat of the van, behind JHAP.

I wondered why you insisted on sitting behind me. I didn't see the bullet hole. For a while there were so many drive by shootings in Southern California that we just ignore them.

Now they are used instead of hand signals:

Shoot out of your car window with your arm aimed left = I'm going to turn left.

Shoot out of your car window with your armed aimed straight up = I'm going to turn right.

It's a fairly effective method of signaling as it is difficult to ignore. It's a little rough on pedestrians though.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Today's Birthdays
don strohl
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by Flame
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
Muck liquidation and removal
by cb100
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
BCP MANAGEMENT IDEAS
by Pat Williamson
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Pros and cons of gas powered golf carts
by Pat Williamson
Yesterday at 10:15 PM
Burying Muck
by John Fitzgerald
Yesterday at 09:07 PM
Aeration System
by Mike Whatley
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Get Well Soon Bob
by Bill Cody
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Managing Bull Head without predators:
by bigpullerman
Yesterday at 03:28 PM
Searching for major thread from several years ago.
by RStringer
Yesterday at 03:24 PM
Selecting male lmb not so easy
by ewest
Yesterday at 12:40 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Pond site
Pond dig
My recent haul
Hello From Lufkin Texas!
Cant seem to Identify what this is.  Any thoughts?
Evaluating and adjusting Fish populations and ID

2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide