Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,810
Members18,485
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,512
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
5 members (FishinRod, Sunil, Theo Gallus, teehjaeh57, Boondoggle), 1,126 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148269 02/08/09 04:23 AM
T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Just a friendly reminder,Valentines day is coming up.Are YOU prepared?

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
If you start early enough in your relationship to give your woman low expectations, it makes life so much easier! HAHA

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
what's "Valentine's Day"?

Lunker
Lunker
I already have the vacuum picked out!!!

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Yep,you guys have had it.I have flowers coming,but,then again,I know how to suck up.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

Make it a two-bagger. She'll love that. (rolleyes)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

What a great idea! And all I got my wife was a old fashioned, manual push mower.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
One grand daughter, four daughters, four sisters, mother, grandmother----------MAN I hate Valentines Day!

Oh ya, forgot about the wife!

Last edited by Rainman; 02/09/09 10:53 AM. Reason: the wife

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Rainman
One grand daughter, four daughters, four sisters, mother, grandmother----------MAN I hate Valentines Day!

Oh ya, forgot about the wife!

I sense trouble brewing \:\)

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain
T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Why dont you guys start thinking power tools.I mean,after all,your gonna get killed anyway,why not get something you can use for it.I hope you heal up before the convention.
Afterthought...Iron skillets might NOT be the best choice.

I subscribe

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
I tried the Iron skillet thing. It was survivable up until I got her the Cast Iron Muffin pan. It's wide enough for a two handed grip if she ever finds where I hid it.

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
I noticed JHAP is avoiding this thread.JWHAP must be watching him pretty close these days.

I subscribe

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
I tried the Iron skillet thing. It was survivable up until I got her the Cast Iron Muffin pan. It's wide enough for a two handed grip if she ever finds where I hid it.

Fish Wife prefers teflon coated aluminum skillets. She adheres to the light bullet/high velocity theory. The teflon really helps lower the ballistic coefficient and keep the velocity up there, in addition to not sticking to your forehead.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
LOL, I hope our wives never meet! Give you an idea of what kind of woman I married. Took her to the gun range a few years ago to teach her how to use the 9mm I had just bought. My buddy thinking he was funny handed her his 45 to start out with. She listened closely to his instructions, lined up, and double tapped the target. Perfect shots to the groin and forehead. I have hidden the 9mm and bullets in seperate locations every since.

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Wouldn't want to be a bad guy breaking into your house at night with a gun in her hands! HAHA

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
reminded of the following from the recent boat thread....

i forget if it was birthday or valentines day, but i am a truly blessed individual......couple years ago...the only man in america who could get his wife a toilet and she'd be happy! \:\)

it was a porta potty for the boat to replace the 5-gallon bucket and lid w/ a hole rig......

definitely a cut above the designer toilet bowl brushes i got her for a stocking stuffer one year \:D

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
I noticed JHAP is avoiding this thread.JWHAP must be watching him pretty close these days.

SHHHH, she's not watching, need to post quickly. A few years back I completely lost my senses and set the bar ridiciously high. JWHAP was working nights at got off work at 7am. I just so happened that I didn't have any appointments for 3 days. So when she got home I said pack your bags we're gonna so away for V-Day. So we jump in the car and travel up the coast and stay in an oceanfront hotel in a room with a fireplace, etc. Because of my tax season schedule I haven't been able to do that ever since. V-Day is two days away and I don't have anything. I'm done for. We do need a new kitchen faucet, heck that's got to be better than a toilet.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Hey everybody,its Tom G live from the Miss gulf coast.Brought the wife down for the weekend.(I TOLD YOU I KNOW HOW TO SUCK UP!)

I subscribe

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Hey Tom, I hope ya'll are havin' a blast.
I was a little worried that you might had gotten some storm damage since I hadn't seen you logged in. The last radar shot I saw had that cell leaving Hillsboro headed your way.

Life’s mostly scars and souvenirs
Lunker
Lunker
My wife is still asleep , me and little fatty jr just finished our eggs & bacon and now watching PBS kids/playing trains and drinking coffee (I am not jr..he prefers bloody marys j/k ;\) ). Life is pretty good today. And Mrs. McButterpants is happy, which means we are ALL happy. \:\)

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
no pottys this year......got her a cuddly little teddy bear that when you squeeze it says "happy valentines day".....followed by a big KISSING sound.....that and a now empty bottle of yummy barbera wine....DWIED's happy, i'm happy, its all good.

GSF are people too!

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
 Originally Posted By: tejasrojas
Hey Tom, I hope ya'll are havin' a blast.
I was a little worried that you might had gotten some storm damage since I hadn't seen you logged in. The last radar shot I saw had that cell leaving Hillsboro headed your way.

I dont know for sure,but I think that cell missed us,cause I got no damage that I can see.
I wasnt posting cause it was a short trip and I had alot I wanted to do while there.My youngest son is being redeployed to Iraq,and rumer has it he's being sent where there is a lot of fighting going on.
On a brighter note,it was an excellent trip.I even got my wife to eat a 6"oyster po-boy for breakfast on friday morning.She called me a pig,I got the 24"

Last edited by TOM G; 02/17/09 06:39 AM.

I subscribe

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
New 1.5 Ac pond in NC. YP for harvest is my goal.
by FishinRod - 04/19/24 06:16 PM
Major Fail
by Donatello - 04/19/24 01:48 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy
by teehjaeh57 - 04/19/24 01:36 PM
Protecting Minnows
by esshup - 04/19/24 09:46 AM
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/18/24 08:41 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump