Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand, Jward87, Kanon M
18,498 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,944
Members18,499
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
8 members (Chris Steelman, Rick O, Justin W, Dave Davidson1, Fishingadventure, MOLINER, catscratch, Joe7328), 870 guests, and 494 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
I think me and my girlfriend are in. We haven't had a vacation in four years so it would be nice to get away. Hopefully she can find something to do since she really isn't that interested in ponds and fish.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
I hope to make the conference. Having a fiance that has more fisheries degrees than me (I have a bachelors degree from ISU and she has a bachelors from TAMUG and will soon have a masters from Miss. State) should make convincing her to go pretty easy.

I saw a few people mentioned shooting and I have some experience in that area. North of Branson about 15 miles on US-65 is a place called Ozark Shooters. I competed in a few college level clay target competitions there (haven't been to the range in 2 years due to me having graduated). When I shot, they had Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, and 5-stand. They also had a rifle/pistol range that I never used. Nice facilities, even the path for the sporting clays is paved. And its open most days/times.

Every person should have an interest in life - I think I'll go fishing. ~ Thoreau
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
I would like to see a presentation on placing structure in ponds, both large and small. Those structures that could benefit both fish and other desirable pond creatures.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
I will volunteer to compile the survey and give the presentation if people think it's a good idea:

How about providing a survey in the May/June issue that readers fill out about their fish feeding practices? A recent thread about how many times to feed really piqued my interest. Let's find out how many people are feeding, how many feeders per acre, how much feed thrown per feeding, how many times per day, why the type of feed is chosen, what brand/type of feed/feeder, species targetted, feed costs/lb levels of satisfaction, etc. I could compile the results and look at averages, ranges, etc and an open forum discussion could follow. We could find out what people are doing and hopefully learn what we could be doing better. It would take some time to properly draft the survey so that the right questions are asked and so that the data could be easily compiled and analyzed.

I think that it would be a great learning experience for all. Let's face it, some of the greatest, most meaningful, and unanalyzed data lies within each and every one of us.

We might even be able to persuade feed mfg's and/or feeder mfg's to purchase the results as a potential marketing tool with all proceeds going to the Jesse West Endowment Fund.

-----------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Could be very interesting.......

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
There's a guy that has tons of information on bluegill and midwestern ponds at Iowa State. I'm sure he could put together something interesting in a power point presentation for us. His name is Professor Joe Morris. Super nice guy too.

http://www.nrem.iastate.edu/faculty/morris.php

I also think Dr. Wetzel at Lincoln University in Missouri who is working on producing consistently huge bluegills could also be interesting.

I know we don't want to get too academic but I think some academics in the mix would be nice for those of us that are looking for more than just the basics.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: heybud
I would like to see a presentation on placing structure in ponds, both large and small. Those structures that could benefit both fish and other desirable pond creatures.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Looks like Dr. Condello has some work to do.

Trouble is, I don't know if he would fix the teeth or make him have a Wr of 140.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes
Wife is in and you guys will get to meet "baby" Wyatt. Rainman might take you up on daughters babysitting offer. Bob glad to see you have a pond for shocking and water quality analysis. IN your marketing material hope you have a logo with link. I can stick it on my website so they can click and get info abotu the conference. I hope to have time to catch my first yankee fish eitehr a smb or walleye

My girls are really stoked to be getting to go and will be happy to babysit for ya Greg!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Awsome, I can probably go to this one. My wife and I love Big Cedar Lodge. It realy is a beautiful place. I Just found out that it's going to be at Big Cedar so I'm pretty happy right now. Untill about 30 seconds ago I still thought it was going to be in New Orleans .

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
This event is gonna be spectular. I highly recommend that you go.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I'm with them on water quality and testing. I haven't bought testing equipment yet but I need to learn more about keeping the water right in the pond. Attracting the right water fowl probably be nice--still no duckies coming to my duck houses.

PS...As soon as rooms are available count us in. IPond Boss Conference 2009! Here we come.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: MarkECIN
PS...As soon as rooms are available count us in. IPond Boss Conference 2009! Here we come.

That's what we want to hear!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Perhaps Aquatic Eco Systems couldm provide testing equipment and even set up a "rental" program for it for Pond Boss Members.

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
By the time the conference rolls around there will be a new airport in Branson, very close to the lodge, that should be in full force. They have announced plans for a direct flight from Atlanta and by then perhaps more. Otherwise the closest airport is Springfield-Branson which is about 50 miles.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/busines...26?OpenDocument

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Thanks, Bing. I'll be taking that Atlanta flight - $198 RT, not bad...

Just do it...
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bing thanks so much for this info. Randy b/f this goes down let us know your flight and might go same one but we plan to go early or stay late for family vacation time.

Rainman we plan to have our pond mgmt kit avail to folks to use. I will of course let anyone who wants to use our water quality equipment.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I appreciate that Greg,. Don't know if I'll be able to get to my pond without GSA backup though.

Bob, any word on when the block of rooms are to become available?

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
WOW! I have been away from this website for a long time! I think I forgot my password or something. I a m impressed with so many new members and the quality of the post! Iam back and looking forward to keeping up from now on!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Martin
WOW! I have been away from this website for a long time! I a m impressed with...the quality of the post!

Oh Martin, it has been a long time, hasn't it...

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Bird season went out Sat, my thoughts turn to my frozen pond, and bam!! Pond Boss Conference in my backyard. Mr and Mrs. Gumboot will be there.

The Sonesta is great for a couple of days of adult frolick, but I think Big Cedar is much better venue for Pond Boss. Cograts to all, great idea.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
I have a legitimate excuse for a party!

Theo should have made his 10,000th post and hopefully, his 100th meaningful post \:D \:D by conference time.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
That timeline is off Dwight. T is at 9300+ and will make 10,000 by July 4. ;\) -

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
ewest, He is ignoring us or possibly planning some major counter offensive.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Lunker
Lunker
Wow, attending this conference would be a nice birthday present for me since you are having this at that time. Sounds super good to have other things nearby for those who aren't as passionate about the waterworld as others. We have relatives in the St. Louis area that we might like to see on the way as well. Wonder if that husband of mine would go for this?????

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/24/24 03:39 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/24/24 03:31 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by ewest - 04/24/24 11:21 AM
Inland Silver sided shiner