Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka, gautprod
18,494 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,956
Posts557,909
Members18,494
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,531
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
3 members (catscratch, Dave Davidson1, victortechy), 595 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
"Sea Kittens"

How can people be so stupid?

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
The only "sea kittens" I catch are hardheads and gafftops. I think PETA needs random drug testing like the NFL. It would probably stop many of these "suggestions" of theirs.

We need slogans for this topic as well:

"Sea kittens: I like mine with ketchup and hushpuppies."

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Skip the catsup,it hides too much flavor \:\)

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Lets face it, too many people have nothing better to do than try to mandate their weird beliefs. This touchy feely mentality is gonna be the death of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the taste of fish in the morning!

Last edited by adirondack pond; 01/17/09 09:04 PM.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
CB1 - There you go again, stirring and agitating the pot. I sound like Ronald Reagan - There You Go Again. LOL. Why doesn't PETA first focus on saving human lives and educating people instead of putting all their efforts into animals. Maybe animals don't want their help. Way too many humans are born and die needlessly.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/17/09 10:02 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Because PETA has made it clear that they care less about human lives than animal lives.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
what about a life that is half-human, half-animal?

To Dam or not to dam

That isn't even a question
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Is that you, Beaver Boy?

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
haha, yeah. I feel more wild in the summer though, when I can go forage for food. Now, I'm like a domesticated monkey that is on a computer all the time in the winter.

To Dam or not to dam

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Beaver Boy
what about a life that is half-human, half-animal?

That would be the province of PETC, People for the Ethical Treatment of Chimeras.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
DJT Offline
Lunker
Lunker
D
I wonder what PETA folks do when they a termite, roach, or mouse problem in thier house? I'm sure they just move out and leave the house to the pests. ;\)

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Do they wear leather shoes? Have leather purses or wallets? Maybe leather belts?

Hypocrits.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I do my small part by sending for PETA info whenever I get a chance. I get all sorts of goodies. Plenty of stickers that have so many uses. If you don't like someone at work, you could stick them on their back. Some of this stuff is hilariously scary.

To Dam or not to dam

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I had to keep from laughing out loud when a woman came in to my store looking for "The BEST leather conditioner available" for the seats in her new car because they were so "comfortable". I showed her what I consider the best and as she read the ingrediants list, she said "OH! I DON'T want mink oil in it! That is SO cruel to animals!"

I did ask her if she thought the cow that was used for her new seats was comfortable with her sitting on it? After she digested what I'd just said, her eyes really started bugging out as the knowledge sank in. I never saw her again and often wondered if she had a steak that night for comfort food......

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
My favorite is the obese woman that was giving a taxidermist I know a hard time at his booth at an outdoor show. She bragged how she was a vegetarian and it was disgusting what he did blah, blah, blah. Anyway he got tired up it and got right in her face and said in a whisper, "Sweetie you didn't get that big eating veggies." Of course she stormed off and that was the end of her. \:D

My own experience happened at a local convenience store. (I apologize if I've already posted this.) I came in to get gas and had a t-shirt on that said Association of Indiana Taxidermists with a logo of a deer mount, fish etc. The cashier started in on my on how could I do that for a living, it was gross, and on and on and on. It was really annoying. The manager came walking in and the cashier turned to her and said, "This guy mounts animals for a living isn't that gross!" The manager replied, "Well someone has to do it" as if I was a garbage man or something (which I don't have any thing against the guys that pick up my garbage but resented the "someone has to do it comment."

I didn't say much, but instead wrote a letter to the company that owned the gas station. I was not nasty but I was to the point basicially saying as a businesman I understood that our employees were the frontline to out customers and were an intragel part to our success as a business etc. Then I related what happened to me and that I found it very insulting. I also told them I would not step foot in their store ever again (and never have). Surprisingly I got a reply and the management apologized and said they were going to look into it. They also send me a coupon which I pitched.

I'm thinking someone got fired as I saw the manager working at Wallmart. I did see the cashier working at the other gas station in town and she was very nervous when I came in. Of course I said nothing. But I haven't seen her there since.

I had an LPN ask me, "do you like what you do" in a very insulting way when she found out I did taxidermy while I was working in a clinical at a hospital studying to be an RN. I asked her how she felt about changing bedpans and that was all I ever heard out of her.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
Fish are people too.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Weissguy
Fish are people too.

You're absolutely right. I think we need to take up a collection to make sure they have heaters down there as they are suffering in that cold water!

BTW a lot of people don't know this but Wolves are almost human! They are great can can dancers!

And squirrels are just like our kids if you give them the right toys!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/18/09 02:39 PM.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
When I was in Norfolk I used to have to go to a place that was right next door to their HQ. Apparently they were not to fond of the military as they always yelled at us. My buddy got tired of it and brought a little brown bag with him one day. As I pulled up to the light he rolled down his window and waved them over. Then he handed them the bag. The light turned, I drove off and looked in the rear view mirror to see them throwing things at us. I guess the didn't like McDonalds Hamburgers either. And yes, quite a few of them are protesting while wearing leather shoes and belts. Go figure.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I would certainly hook and eat a "sea kitten", and I can't get enough fresh water "kittens".

I love the blank pink square on the right of the page called Sea Kitten Facts. Maybe they should research these sea kittens before they make a big deal about whether or not they are being treated ethicaly.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
That is one of the most disturbing photos I've ever seen on pond boss and I've seen some fairly disturbing stuff here.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I agree! Whoa!!!

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
That is one of the most disturbing photos I've ever seen on pond boss and I've seen some fairly disturbing stuff here.

Notice how he doesn't think he POSTED any disturbing photo's here?

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

Therefore it stands to reason that No Admission=No Problem.

That philosophy has worked for me for 50 years, I see no reason to change what works.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

That is one of the most disturbing photos I've ever seen on pond boss and I've seen created caused generated some fairly disturbing stuff here.

There, fixed it for ya.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
island_beam
Recent Posts
Horizontal vs Vertical (big bass)?
by catscratch - 04/23/24 05:34 AM
Happy Birthday Theo!
by teehjaeh57 - 04/23/24 12:35 AM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by teehjaeh57 - 04/23/24 12:34 AM
American Feeder H 125 Fish Feeder