Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985
18,501 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,962
Members18,501
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
7 members (FishinRod, Fishingadventure, 4CornersPuddle, Bigtrh24, Boondoggle, Bill Cody, Ponderific2024), 1,109 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
This conference should be the best so far. Maybe a silent auction for who gets to fish with Condello, Nate and George or R.Scott?. Can Scott fish as good as or better than he talks?

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/15/09 11:34 AM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Lunker
Lunker
Is anyone else struck by the similarity to LL2?

Originally Posted By: Sunil
All the spouses are really going to miss the "locked-door" van tour of Retention Ponds in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth Area.

It was a smash hit.

Maybe we could get Howard to come up to Missouri for old time's sake.

If he started driving now, he might find his way there by September.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Hey guys, I have retired from fly tyin’ demos for this years conference, but Eric West has given me permission to hang out at the moderator’s booth, on an “emeritus” basis.
I have given Brandon Powers a heads up on the conference and hope he will be able to make it and “carry the torch”.
Brandon is one to the very best fly tyers and fly casting instructors in the country, as well a TAMU graduate fisheries biologist.

Lusk has asked for ideas for discussion, so here’s a couple that have crossed my mind:
Realizing there is an “overlap” between hard core biology and practical stuff, I would like to suggest separate sessions for the “scientists’ and the every day pondmeister that faces, or will face real problems.
Having gone through a recent difficult fish kill and a fun re-stocking program, I would like to see these topics discussed.

Also, living with and maintaining a nutrient rich pond, and possible bacterial controls.
Thanks,
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Hey guys, my wife Susie wanted to post! I guess we need to call this something like Dave's wife doesn't have a pond (DWDHAP) following JHAP's lead?? \:\) Anyway, here it is.

Wow, I've never seen such excitment about a conference!! These postings alone are enough to make me want to go! Actually, I have attended the last two and I must say, it's been a great experience, and this one truly sounds like a vacation!

Are there any kayakers (I'm a novice) out there that would have any interest in a 1/2 day guided river trip? Or, just cruising the lake?

~Susie

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
DWDHAP (that looks too much like DIED&JHAP are siamese twins now) Branson is in or very close to the Ozark National Scenic Riverways areas that are federally maintained and absolutely breathtaking!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Dave Willis
Hey guys, my wife Susie wanted to post! I guess we need to call this something like Dave's wife doesn't have a pond (DWDHAP) following JHAP's lead?? \:\) Anyway, here it is.

Wow, I've never seen such excitment about a conference!! These postings alone are enough to make me want to go! Actually, I have attended the last two and I must say, it's been a great experience, and this one truly sounds like a vacation!

Are there any kayakers (I'm a novice) out there that would have any interest in a 1/2 day guided river trip? Or, just cruising the lake?

~Susie

Hi Susie; glad to see you posting
Has Dave decided if he is going to introduce us individually, in categorized groups, or as a whole.

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Rainman
DWDHAP (that looks too much like DIED&JHAP are siamese twins now)

I thought they WERE Siamese twins (joined at the Green Sunfish).

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

That's why you're the Mod-Man! Right again, my bad!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Hi Susie ! Tell Dave to let you back on the forum. Glad you are joining in. There are some nice rivers as noted. Table Rock Lake has some wonderful areas to canoe. Ruth likes to canoe and can handle a pirogue but has no experience with kayaks. The water there can be cold but nothing like SD cold (-25). BC is a great location with tons to offer and an exceptional opportunity for PB.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
A younger Bski's folks had a place on Bull Shoals Lake (the big one south and east of Table Rock \:\) )
We would always try to sign for a Buffalo River canoe trip at least once every couple of years. It was an awesome run. That might be a bit too far away, tho, I fear.

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
DWDHAP (that looks too much like DIED&JHAP are siamese twins now) Branson is in or very close to the Ozark National Scenic Riverways areas that are federally maintained and absolutely breathtaking!

I float those rivers every year. Great views... though sometimes they also come in a topless form. Make sure you research the area before you take the family. Some stretches are insane college-aged party hangouts. Nakedness abounds (Trust me, I may have hundreds of pictures... but I will neither confirm or deny that... hehe). Other spots are quite relaxing and offer some family friendly floating and even excellent trout and smallmouth fishing. I ran into ex-MLB player Mike Macfarlane and his son while on a trip a few years ago. Nice guy. Unfortunately (depending on who you asked I suppose), when we rounded a bend in the stream, we all got quite a show from about half a dozen naked party goers.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
An idea for discussion would be for guys like me that don't know how to post pictures on the pond boss site. I have several pictures of my pond that I'd like to share but can't even follow the advice of the threads that show me how. My wife is a little more computer savy and she could'nt post them. Maybe a class on posting pics, what do you think?

Just mentioning this idea makes me feel like the kid in class that hates to raise his hand in fear of every one knowing how dumb he is. Mikel in West Tennessee. 208.4 miles from Big Cedar Lodge

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Mikel, good idea, I had to have my son show me how to do it, but after he showed me it was simple. A short course would probably help alot of us.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
I echo Mike's idea. It would be nice to be educated by some of the "techies" on this site about how to post photos and better use the features on this site. I used to go through every single topic header looking for recent posts....but then 2 years ago Grimes told me about dropping the menu tab down and clicking on past "24 hours". I admit it, I'm a little special when it comes to internet forums and deciphering all of the acronyms.

Weissguy, please quit taking pictures of me when I'm playing in the river!

-----------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A

I float those rivers every year. Great views... though sometimes they also come in a topless form.

Weissguy, I'm surprised you even knew there were fish in the river. \:o

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
 Originally Posted By: Shawn Banks
Weissguy, please quit taking pictures of me when I'm playing in the river!

Shawn - I was not aware you were a buxom young college girl! At any rate, it's always nice to put a face to a name. hahaha

Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
Weissguy, I'm surprised you even knew there were fish in the river. \:o

There was a river?

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Thanks for all the info! I'm researching the river EE to Flat Creek Road. It looks like about a 4 hour trip. A steady gradient flow with some walkouts where needed? Is anyone familiar with that stretch? Oh, and I was thinking more "nature" verses "a la naturale"... \:\)

Eric, tell Ruth we can surely paddle the lake! And if anyone likes to paddle, let me know.

~Susie (ISTHATALPHABITSOUP?)

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk

We headed home at 3 pm yesterday and 6 hours and 15 minutes later, we were back in LL,2. 380 miles door to door for us. That's only 20 miles further than San Antonio.

Yup, God bless the big 'ol state of Texas!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Girlie stuff!!!!! Sorry, but this "girl" is all about ponds...

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: claybird
Girlie stuff!!!!! Sorry, but this "girl" is all about ponds...

Ruh Roh!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

I don't see anything wrong with that.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
This is going to be such a great trip. I think the real problem will be that there will be so much to do that we won't have time to do all that we want.

George that would be great if Brandon Powers could come. He is such a good guy. He taught JWHAP, Fatty McButterpants and I how to double haul last year. Very patient and very nice guy. I'm really looking forward to seeing you again too George.

It's gonna be a great conference! I can't stop thinking about it.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
Brandon was a whiz with that flyrod. Heck he even had ME casting like I was a yankee river fisherman!!

Here is a pic of me showing off my new casting technique~~

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Wife is in and you guys will get to meet "baby" Wyatt. Rainman might take you up on daughters babysitting offer. Bob glad to see you have a pond for shocking and water quality analysis. IN your marketing material hope you have a logo with link. I can stick it on my website so they can click and get info abotu the conference. I hope to have time to catch my first yankee fish eitehr a smb or walleye

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
That's great Greg - you're going to bring your little fish feeder! I am planning on bringing my kids, too. Can't wait to meet Wyatt and your wife! A link is a good idea!

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:15 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:09 PM