Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,116
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
1 members (anthropic), 750 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142577 12/28/08 12:06 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
During the year of 2008 I received the following from Pond Boss members.

1. An airport pickup, followed by a trip to a dream pond, with three polite little girls and a very polite grown woman doing whatever I needed to be happy. Getting me drinks, food, etc.

2. The chance to be on the cover of the magazine the day it came out in Bass Pro Shops.

3. I was driven to Nebraska's premier natural trout canyon, the snake river. I was treated to great food and lodging, and got to fish with fly rod for naturally reproducing browns and rainbows.s

4. I was given fabulous legal and accounting suggestions from my friends.

5. I got to look at other peoples projects on the internet. It was often like I was being taken into their houses. What a privilege.

6. I got to talk and tell jokes in front of a couple hundred pond nuts.

7. I got a call from Ray Scott with an invitation to come to Canada for a week.

8. I had all of my surplus wipers bought by somebody who maybe didn't need them all just to be nice to me.

9. A special friend on the forum sent me my family's certerpiece ham for our Christmas dinner.

10. A member wrote a story which made me get perspective on my life. It helped me quit worrying and start sleeping again.

11, A couple of members called me up and told me how cool my bluegill raising project was, but they were probably just being nice.

12. I was given a really good price on an aerator, and I was given some anti-algae product which I'll write about more later.

13. I was sent some lures by members that caught lots of fish.

14. I was treated like a king two different times in a lodge perched over a beautiful series of ponds.

15. I had the privilege of getting some of my writings on the pages of Pond Boss magazine.

16. I met some new friends and their beautiful wives.

17. I got complete and expert assistance in initiating a website.

18. I got invitations to fish in at least six different states.

19. One member and his wife invited my brother in law and I for a great two days of fishing.

20. I got some free fish sent to me.

21. I got a mounted fish for a ridiculously low price that looked like it had been painted by God.

22. Another Pond Boss member gave up an afternoon and evening to help me build my new little decorative pond.

What a generous, great group of people here.

Have a Happy New Year.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 12/28/08 10:00 AM. Reason: Forgot one of the blessings...

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Least we not forget Bruce...
You got polked fun at
you got posted in a pink hat that made internet infamy
We did our best too stomp on your left little toe(twice)
WE met YOU at the PB convention
And not the least of the activities,while you were triing on the pink hat,we bugged you with a GPS tracking device so the deathstar knows where you are at all times,beware my friend.
Its also come to my attention that Sunil secretly acquired a remote control to same said ship \:o \:D

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Lunker
Lunker
It was all no more than you deserved, Bruce. Good things happen to good people. Especially when they dress for success.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
It was all no more than you deserved, Bruce. Good things happen to good people. Especially when they dress for success.

I'll second that. There are people out there that act friendly, genuine, well mannered etc. but it's all a facade. Bruce however is the real McCoy. His love of ponds and fish related things is infectious too!

Bill Cody and I made a visit out to his ranch and he was an outstanding host. Even traded me 200 of his bluegills for a couple of fish mounts which was a great deal to me.

Glad you like the replica Bruce. Just wish I would have gotten it to you sooner. Of course true to style Bruce never complained about how long it took.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/28/08 08:24 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Bruce if you really want to feel good think about what you gave rather than what you got. The list would be at least twice as long as the one above. It seems like what we get is way more than what we should get. No lists from me as they are both too long. Here are a couple we all share.

A huge group of caring Pond Boss family members.

The privilege of helping some great fisheries students at SDSU.

A passion for both the waters we manage and the water of life.

The chance to touch the lives of those we meet on the road of life.

A personal relationship with the our creator.

A friend with a pink hat.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
What a great thread Bruce. Pond Boss members are some of the most generous people I have ever met in my life. People that openly and freely give the most precious gift in life - their personal time. I am very thankful for many, many friendships that I have cultivated here on Pond Boss. I would prepare a list such as Bruce's above but I know that I would, through failing memory, omit a good number of Pond Boss members that touched my life this past year.

Thank you Bob Lusk and Otto for the terrific magazine and forum that allows us to learn about and laugh about ponds and pond meisters. Thank you moderators for generously donating your time to this forum, without you this forum would not be this great resource that is actually fun to participate in. And of course thank you members, I really, really, enjoy reading your posts from ground breaking on new ponds to insanely (there I said it, yes insanely I think is the word I'm looking for) organized and sanitary shop projects (I won't mention any names here).

I wish you all a wonderful 2009. Remember to take lots of photos and post lots of stories and questions because that is what makes this site great.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
 Quote:
Jeff - And of course thank you members, I really, really, enjoy reading your posts from ground breaking on new ponds to insanely (there I said it, yes insanely I think is the word I'm looking for) organized and sanitary shop projects (I won't mention any names here).
We all know you are talking about Theo's shop projects!

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
 Quote:
Jeff - And of course thank you members, I really, really, enjoy reading your posts from ground breaking on new ponds to insanely (there I said it, yes insanely I think is the word I'm looking for) organized and sanitary shop projects (I won't mention any names here).
We all know you are talking about Theo's shop projects!

Hey, I'm working on one today. I've already completed the most important parts - adding CD capability to the shop stereo and turning my Spinal Tap Sound Track up to 11.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Just so you know...

This is the kind of humor that makes me laugh. \:\)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY&feature=rec-HM-r2

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Just so you know...

This is the kind of humor that makes me laugh. \:\)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY&feature=rec-HM-r2

I'm usually reserved, nearly to the point of being stoic. But I can't watch an episode of Family Guy without totally cracking up. Seth MacFarlane is a comedic genius.

This show also cracks me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtyIb7KM1ng&feature=related

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Family Guy is money.

One of my favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAPjCExArA8

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Lunker
Lunker
Any Robot Chicken fans out there?

-S. M. Stirling
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Yes! Best 15 minutes of television out there. Too bad I don't have cable any more.

Every person should have an interest in life - I think I'll go fishing. ~ Thoreau

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/29/24 01:06 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails