Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka, gautprod
18,494 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,958
Posts557,921
Members18,495
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,533
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
12 members (Jward87, DrewSh, teehjaeh57, Joe7328, jludwig, Shorthose, Justin W, Don Kennedy, Kanon M, catscratch, John Folchetti, canyoncreek), 864 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
mmmmmmmmmmmmm, BBQ.

I want more Main Street BBQ, I want it now.

I went out back and talked to the cook manning the bbq pitts.He told me they travel all over the us cooking for parties and entering contests.Ill bet they could ship you some.Dave,if you dont mind,would you ask about it the next time you go please?

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
St. Louis MO sounds great. If it's in St. Louis I'll be there. Otherwise I might have to wait a little while to get to a conference.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
IMHO, I think Bob's support staff has got to be one of the main considerations. Not only the costs to attend, but the logistics of putting the conference on at a "remote" location.

20 acres of trees & 3/4 acre pond.

"Home of the future Texas state HSB record for Private ponds"
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
"It's fun being on the Pond Boss Conference Attendence Possee. Ya get to meet new folks all the time. Let's see here, this is the address of a Pond Boss member that is close enough to drive to the conference yet didn't sign up. I think I'll just mosey up to the door and "introduce" myself."

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I'm telling ya. Pond Boss convention 2009. Be there.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Tom, I don't know whether they ship it but I do know that they do a lot of traveling. I'll ask the next time I go there.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Thank you Dave.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Jeff be carful, you should never carry more chain than you can swim with. It's dangerous very very dangerous.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I hear ya Rocky, that's why I recruit folks for the heavy work.

If that were me in that photo I'd have to use some of that white plastic chain stuff.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
I like Bill's idea of regional meetings, it would allow more pondahawliks to meet, and exchange ideas. Id rather talk to people than try to hunt and peck on this keyboard!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
After reading Mr. Lusks blog and checking out the links...I vote for Richmond Mill Lake ;\)

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Yep, who needs speakers when you can fish every day at R Mills.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
RM would be nice - but you better bring a BIG CHECKBOOK.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Tony Stewart's Martinsville ponds are very close to Indianapolis. Mr Lusk would have to call in a BIG favor for Tony to allow convention-goers to visit.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Personally I think regional meetings are fine but IHMO they are not a substitute for a national conference. Aside from Texas, at a regional meeting you will only have a hand full of attendees, you will not have any vendors and you will not have presentations from national experts. I think regional meetings have their place but cannot be compared to the conference.

I think the question that we should be asking is how can we make this conference a success. That conference hall could have easily held 50% more people and probably 100% more people. That would make the event more of a financial success for both Pond Boss and the vendors. The conference needs to become a profitable venture for all those involved (vendors and Pond Boss). Based upon my personal and professional experience it takes multiple years to have an event such as this achieve profitability. I think it would be a shame to kill the conference at this point in time.

Oh and just for clarification, I don't have any financial interest in Pond Boss, I am not a vendor, and I stand nothing to gain (financially anyway) from the conference. I am just an attendee that sees the potential in what has been created. This was only the second year and from what I have heard from first year attendees it had been significantly refined. This conference is in it's infancy. I think that if we had 500 to 600 attendees then the conference would be an entirely different event.

That is just my perspective in a rare moment of clarity or perhaps complete dementia - it's difficult for me to determine which is which anymore.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
I agree JHAP, there is no substitute for a national conference, but many pond owners do not have either the time, or money to attend the national. I believe many pond owners would be interested in regional meetings where we could share ideas, and experiences, also being able to drive, or car pool to the event is a big advantage.
The fact that there wouldn't be vendors there is not important, meeting other pond owners, and gaining info on their problems, and solutions would be the main advantage. If we could get knowledgable speakers at the meeting all the better.
The comradery you experienced at the national was one of the main advantages of these meetings, and by having regional meetings more people would benefit from meeting other pond owners.
Maybe im all wet, (i also fell into my pond trying to align my dock from a boat) , but thats my 2 cents.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Jeff,

Were you at the convention last year? I could be wrong but it looked like there were more people in attendance last year. If so, that may have been due to things out of our control like the increase in fuel prices as in both automobile and air fare.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Kansas City area:
Hilton Garden Inn

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Cecil, I was not at the 2007 conference. I hope Bob Lusk posts some comparative information from 2007 to 2008. Based upon initial discussions with Bob there was more attendance in 08 compared to 07 but not much of an increase. I'm sure that fuel prices caused some people not to attend.

A.P., I agree that regional meetings are a great way to share information. Unfortunately some of us (OK, I'm talking about ME, ME, always ME) live in an area that even if we got 100% attendance at a regional meeting we would only have four or perhaps five people there.

Look, all I'm saying that the conference was a fantastic experience and I really believe that as a forum we should be supportive by attending the conference. We can make this grow into a "must attend" event.

So I'm asking for forum members to spread the word and support the next conference through attendence.......

.... or the dog gets it.

Kidding, I'm kidding, no hate mail please, I don't even own a dog. JHAP doesn not adocate violence against animals even though he has in fact murdered Gams past. No animals were harmed during the creation of this post. It's a joke people. I'm just trying to make a point here. Moderators if this is too over the top please delete it. I didn't have much sleep last night so I'm kinda cranky.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
JHAP, did i say i'd give you more BG this summer? and y'all thought my swiss army knife treatment was bad......

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca
JHAP, did i say i'd give you more BG this summer? and y'all thought my swiss army knife treatment was bad......

What can I say, either:

a) it's finally happened, JHAP has gone full tilt bozo and is armed and dangerous

b) a sleep deprived JHAP should not post to the forums, what little brain filter he has left doesn't function without an adequate amount of shut eye

c) spending a hour and a half in the car with the evil Dr. Condello affects a guy, it just does

d) all of the above

I'm feeling better now, really I am...

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
OK it's over, here is the location it's final.
http://bearfireresort.com

We got no reason to ever leave the lonestar state again. We got it all now!

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
OK it's over, here is the location it's final.
http://bearfireresort.com

We got no reason to ever leave the lonestar state again. We got it all now!

I need to find out how those guys cool things down in Texas. It would help to cool down my trout pond.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130268&Main=11662#Post130268

Bob posted about having the Conference in New Orleans.

That seems like a good place. Lots of things to do within walking distance. It is also not to far for all of the Pond Boss crew.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
As long as it's not during hurricane season. \:D

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
island_beam
Recent Posts
Need help
by Jward87 - 04/23/24 11:37 AM
Howdy from West Central Louisiana
by Kanon M - 04/23/24 11:04 AM
Happy Birthday Theo!
by DrewSh - 04/23/24 10:33 AM
What did you do at your pond today?