Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,972
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
9 members (sprkplug, STG, FishinRod, Donatello, Boondoggle, Don Kennedy, Theo Gallus, MOFishermen, Ponderific2024), 1,127 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I noticed the following two pictures have a shocking similarity...

D.I.E.D.

The Edge

Now, to anybody with half a brain, it's obvious these two photos are of the same person. I've spent over 100 hours researching the internet--all documentable sightings, public appearances, etc., and have confirmed that these two men, Dave in El Dorado, our valued forum member, and The Edge, long time lead guitarist for the worlds most well known rock band "U2" have never been seen at the same place and at the same time.

So I ask you--Is D.I.E.D actually spending months at a time on tour with U2, unable to post on Pond Boss as frequently as he'd like--or is The Edge "posing" as D.I.E.D in order to accumulate information for a future pond project in his native Ireland?

Comments?

I feel like our security is at stake.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Bruce, didn't you open for U2 when you were the drummer in Night Ranger?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Now, to anybody with half a brain, it's obvious these two photos are of the same person. I've spent over 100 hours researching the internet--all documentable sightings, public appearances, etc., and have confirmed that these two men, Dave in El Dorado, our valued forum member, and The Edge, long time lead guitarist for the worlds most well known rock band "U2" have never been seen at the same place and at the same time.

So I ask you--Is D.I.E.D actually spending months at a time on tour with U2, unable to post on Pond Boss as frequently as he'd like--or is The Edge "posing" as D.I.E.D in order to accumulate information for a future pond project in his native Ireland?

Well Bruce now that you have let the cat out of the bag I feel obligated to address this subject. It is in fact true that DIED and The Edge are one and the same. He had sworn me to secrecy but since you have posted this I feel that I am free to discuss it here.

In person DIED does in fact have an Irish accent (although he was born in England he moved to Ireland when he was 1). This is why I couldn't convince him to come to the Pond Boss Conference. He knew that he would be recognized and then be mobbed by his fans and the paparazzi would be everywhere. He tries to mask his Irish dialect on this forum by affecting a somewhat western slang in his posts. Read through much of what Dave has posted and you'll see what I mean.

I thought for certain that someone would have recognized him in the photos that he posts but it hadn't happened before this. I always felt that it should have been obvious. I mean, I ask you who else besides a rock star would be able to have Santa Claus and Tom Cruise over for dinner at the same time? One or the other at a dinner, possibly, but both at the same time? Not EVEN Oprah has accomplished that.

He also knows absolutely nothing about Geology. That was a complete front for this forum. He uses his rock star wealth to hire a Geologist consultant to add information to his posts just to keep this illusion active. He forced me to go along with this by posting his faked involvement in the Baxter train wreck clean up. I didn't want to but I must tell you the guy can be down right scarry in person.

If you do a little research you will find that his nickname comes from the fact that he has no fear of heights and frequently walks along the edge of buildings. I find this to be true when I visit him. He gets us both liquored up (or pissed up as he calls it) and makes me walk the roof line with him all the while singing "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." Fortunately his house is ONLY two stories but it is still a frightening event.

He does in fact like Green Sunfish, because they are well...Green, which is obviously a favorite color of the Irish.

He also can drink beer like nobody's business and busts out some seriously funny limericks when intoxicated.

On the downside he has a quick temper when you cross him. I never wanted to post this before but..... he beat the hell out of me when I murdered his Gams. I was black and blue for weeks. Another time while "Strolling the Roof" (see above) I forgot some song lyrics - - he actually tossed me off a two story roof. Fortunately some Poison Oak broke my fall. Then he made me post the faked up story about me trimming dormant Poison Oak to cover up why I got such a bad outbreak of welts.

There I said it, whew that is a load off of my mind.

Of course now I'm probably going to get beat down again for confirming this and you Bruce, man if I was you I'd lay low for a long, long time.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
where to start?
as we speak Tom Cruise in on a flight to spend a week w/ me, yes i confess, a showbiz family i have tried to downplay my whole life. first, you guys recognized santa's off season crib is actually my place, then you recognized me and TC are pals. then heybud ID'd my other side of the family:

me (w/ TC):

my identical twin evil brother:

then bruce comes along with this, then JHAP spills the remainder of my secrets....i have feared this. as such, after answering some pondweed and water turkey questions, i will be forced to go dark.

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Oh great, Bruce, now we've done it.

It's bad enough when you know where the heck he is.

Now he's incognito.

Watch your back my friend, watch your back.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

OK, this is getting really weird. There's me in the middle, right?

But who's that on the far right??????

\:o \:o \:o \:o

D.I.E.D. !!!!!!!!

We were together in a band all along!!!!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J

D.I.E.D. !!!!!!!!

You were in the same band and you didn't know it????

And they call ME the crazy one!!!!!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Why do I get a very strong sense of several multi-personalities with tinfoil hats from this thread? The GSF death star must be getting close. How in the world did Bruce get Theo's pet catfish Mr. Spiny in that pic ? \:o -

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

D.I.E.D. !!!!!!!!

You were in the same band and you didn't know it????

And they call ME the crazy one!!!!!

No, JHAP - that's totally believable.

I recently spent about a year sharing an office (5 desks) with a guy I was in a band with for about a year, 26 years ago. He didn't remember what exactly I did in the band (sound & lights), what we played, or the fact that I hated his guts. I suspect the reason all this slipped his mind is due to certain substance use issues back in the day (which was the main reason I hated his guts).

Now I don't know about DIED, but we are all well aware of Bruce's propensity for "The Gas" (I suspect that's why he got into Dentistry after leaving Rock'n'Roll). So the fact that Bruce doesn't remember drumming on stage with DIED is completely understandable.

P.S. Don't worry, we'll still call you the crazy one.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
The mere thought that D.I.E.D. and I spent over seven years of our lives together, and I dont' remember any of it, is simply mind-boggling.

D
DJT Offline
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Bruce, didn't you open for U2 when you were the drummer in Night Ranger?

I would have thought for sure Bruce would play the "Bass" guitar. \:\/

I'll go away now.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
P.S. Don't worry, we'll still call you the crazy one.

Well that sort of back fired on me. Why is it that I always feel like I'm wee weeing into the wind.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: DJT
I would have thought for sure Bruce would play the "Bass" guitar. \:\/

I think a Theo rim shot is in order.

(Ba-Dump-Bump!)

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 08/10/08 12:23 PM. Reason: Rimshot added.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
OH MY!

The strangest thing just happened to me. To give you some back story, every now and again while sitting quietly by myself I would have these strange distant memories. I was never actually quite sure whether they were actual memories or just images from a movie I had watched or something. I could suddenly see myself on stage, surrounded by my band mates and I was jamming a mean tamborine riff. The spotlight was on me for this solo and the audience was going wild screaming for more. But I never though much about it.

Then this morning while going through some old photos all my memories came flooding back to me and I suddenly realized that in the very early 80's that I too was in the band. Ever since Bruce posted the photo of the band it had been bugging me. The band photo looked vaguely familiar. And then I compared side by side photos:

The photo of me in the band....

And a photo a friend took of me in February of 1980...

That's when I realized that I was the Tambourine player, AND the Spandex Pants & Big Hair Products Coordinator for the same band that Bruce and Dave were in.

Bruce, I completely apologize for critizing your memory.

Wow, what a small world we live in.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Mi amigo!!! \:\)

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

The photo of me in the band....

And a photo a friend took of me in February of 1980...

That's when I realized that I was the Tambourine player, AND the Spandex Pants & Big Hair Products Coordinator for the same band that Bruce and Dave were in.

Let me guess - were you using the last name "Watson" back then?

P.S. FWIW, you played guitar.

-S. M. Stirling
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Let me guess - were you using the last name "Watson" back then?

Yep, JHAP is just an alias.

P.S. FWIW, you played guitar.

Yea but I wasn't very good at it. That's why I switched to tambourine.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by FishinRod - 04/26/24 10:12 AM
Compaction Question
by FishinRod - 04/26/24 10:05 AM
Prayers needed
by Sunil - 04/26/24 07:52 AM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by liquidsquid - 04/26/24 06:58 AM