Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts558,003
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
6 members (Snipe, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure, phinfan, catscratch, Sunil), 1,073 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Fingerling
Fingerling
A
Hey guys this is Allen Huber with Herman Brothers Pond Management (to borrow a Ray Scott tactic: view our products at hbpondmanagement.com)

I just wanted to get on here and let you all know how much i learned and appreciated this conference. I'll try to keep up with you all on here and see if i can learn more as time passes.

A-Hubs
J
Fingerling
Fingerling
J
so this is justin herman sunil just came over and prettty much held me to gun point and said sign up on the forum... just messin with you sunil...
i think i am goin to spend way to much time on here.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
So I met these two Young Men, A-Hubs and J-Herm, who happen to be associated with our n8ly (who also attended the show). We got to hang out a good bit. Nice folks.

A few hours ago, I was walking through the lobby, and I see these two Young Men at the free wi-fi area with their laptops. Of course, I said "are you checking the forum?"

There was silence. There was a 2' high concrete/marble planter type thing between me and them (don't forget that these two Young Men were paying attendees at the show and were there with their laptops at the wi-fi hub).

I asked the same question again this time being within 1' of their faces (I believe I must have passed directly through the planter-type thing as it was only a moment between questions, but I really don't remember; I didn't spill my beer though).

These Young Men had never been on the forum before!!!!!!!...and they were PC/Internet savvy and had attended the show!!!!!!!!!

I demanded that they set up log-ins with zero delay. I stood there while they did it.

Somehow, they didn't realize what they had at their finger tips.

Outstanding Young Men! Thank you for coming to the show and let's continue to grow our relationships through our passion for ponds and this wonderful forum.

Welcome aboard!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
I'm bleary eyed, still half aslee, waitin' for the coffee and all I can think about is how much plain ole down home fun we had plus the opportunity to meet and learn from sone of the most outstanding fisheries folks in the country.

More later when my head clears but my most graciouns thanks to all my old and new friends for couresies extended.
George Glazener

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Dwight, I was going to buy the laptop. I thought I would wait until the last second and put in a winning bid. Theo and Bruce threatened me (OK, glared at me) and I backed slowly away.

So, I bought 3 Shimano reels. I figure you would understand that.

No idea what I did with them. I guess they are somewhere around here or in the garage. Guess I had better start building some more rods.

BTW, whoever left the Porcupine Fish Attractor in the Mens Room can come to my house to claim it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Lord,what a blast.I had an exceptionally good time at the convention.It was great to meet everyone and share experiences.
EWEST,about the wusses thing,if a couple of us haddent ridden with DD1 he would have had to lug all that beer into the bbq place all ny himself.Does that sound fair to you?Besides,we got there first to set up the good cold berages for everyone else(and eat all the best of the bbq before you guys got there!)
As an on the side,I noticed JHAP taking a lot of pics after ours,are ya'll gonna ban him from posting pics? \:D

Note - Tom that was not me that called them that in the prior post. I knew better than to ride with "Howard The Crazed" and I drove and took some folks with me. Howard did almost get me killed on the way back when he cut off a car which ended up getting me trapped between a couple outrage T-Ranger fans. Tom great to meet you and the kids. All -Tom was there early after having to work the night before saving some guys business when his pumps went down. Just another example of the passion of the folks here.

Last edited by ewest; 07/13/08 07:13 PM.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1

...BTW, whoever left the Porcupine Fish Attractor in the Mens Room can come to my house to claim it.

I got news for ya Dave...
that ain't no Porcupine Fish Attractor

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
I just got home from Port Columbus following my flight home, and am downloading pics (gotta lotta) to sort, size, and post.

What a great conference again this year! Random notes:

Burgermeister has to have one of the most interesting jobs of anyone I've ever met.

Dr. Layton Runkle ("LRunkle") wowed us last night with the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon's Guide to Common Mishaps at Lake Thunderbird, Oklahoma.

I'm getting old. n8ly (Nate Herman), in addition to providing great forum answers after like 2 weeks here, looks to be all of 23 years old. His brother Justin (J-Herm) and their associate Allen (A-Hubs), who by my standards are fully competent fish-squeezers, were carded while buying bubble gum at Starbucks.

Jeff Has A Pond changes his handle depending on the current situation. During the conference, we also met Jeff Has An Appetite, Jeff Has A Beer, Jeff Has Another Beer, Jeff Has A Hangover, and Jeff Has a Really Nice Wife Ricki.

Condello brought the collapsible spinning rod & eel he keeps with him a all times, and was seen landing whitefish in the Arlington Sheraton Mens' Room. Maybe that explains the porcupine (?).

Disclaimer: JHAP did not actually have a hangover, but he does have a really nice wife.

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 07/13/08 10:48 PM. Reason: Liability offset.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It sure is fun to go someplace where all you see and hear is adults really enjoying themselves. Another fantastic and successful conference -- thank you all.

And, there is just no other worldly or spiritual experience like going to a restaurant an hour away (about five straight-line miles) with Howard the van driver.

I hope everyone got home safely. We made it as far as Oklahoma City -- a stopoff to see our son and daughter-in-law for a few days.

Ken and Lynda

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Just got home an hour back. I feel like I've been gone for a week plus (in a good way, I think).

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Whenever Blaine gets back home and hooks up with the forum, SEND ME A PM!
Blaine has experienced a pondmeister life-changing occurrence that we need to discuss and prepare for journalistic excellence. This press release is loaded and dangerous.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

Random notes:

Burgermeister has to have one of the most interesting jobs of anyone I've ever met. Bski adds: Absolutely agree. Burger, you've been holding back. Your What's my Line Q&A was fascinating!
Dr. Layton Runkle ("LRunkle") wowed us last night with the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon's Guide to Common Mishaps at Lake Thunderbird, Oklahoma. Bski adds: Mr and Mrs Runkle graced the table with their presence at our Sat evening dinner engagement. Doc made me laugh so freakin' hard that I cried. When I woke up this morning, I started laughing again. When I got home, I told Dski and now she's laughin'. You killed, Doc! (figureatively)

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
You guys are just starting to learn about the fantastic people who are this PB Family. For each and every one of the many here who we all would agree are a great asset as posters , there are 50 more who don't post much (or at all) but will astonish you with their personality and character when you meet them in person.

The depth and breath of the talent ,quality and persona of the people who are this Forum is beyond belief until you meet them in person. I may try later to better explain - after I recover from the shock of the event.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
As anticipated, the Conference was fantastic! I am thankful for this wonderful group, and my dad and I feel blessed to be part of something so special.

After supper on Saturday evening, JHAP and I were discussing the unexplainable camaraderie the people on this forum have with one another. There are many other forums that link people through a common interest or passion. I doubt, though, that any others have such a close-knit group that truly look forward to spending time together. This place is first-class!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Dave, one reel was found near the Sherton makeshift bar. Surely not your's, though. I dont recall who took it with them, but I'm sure they will post it. I know you really needed those reels to give you good reason for some more rods.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Hey Jim, I have all 3 of my reels PLUS one fish attractor.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I had an unbelievable time. The only regret is not getting to spend more time with each person. Time just went way too fast.
I would like to 'can' Ewest's presentation for posterity. Was it recorded? I had read of his being a true Southern gentleman, but that was such an inspirational talk, it gave me chills. Thanks, my friend, and home boy.

Lunker
Lunker
I rather enjoyed the troublemakers roundtable the last day.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister
Dave, one reel was found near the Sherton makeshift bar. Surely not your's, though. I dont recall who took it with them, but I'm sure they will post it. I know you really needed those reels to give you good reason for some more rods.

DD1 needs reels like he needs "another" hole in his head.

I believe that reel is Blaine's. He won a reel at the convention and then left it near the bar. After remembering that he left it a few hours later, Matt bet him a round that it was gone. Fortunately for me (since I was included in the round), it was gone.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Burger I had been waiting to meet you in person for 4 years now. I am sure glad we got together . You sir are a true gem and an honor to your roots here. Heybud has Miss roots as well. You guys have a standing invite anytime you get this direction.

All that talk did was reflect what we all feel - nurture the magic ties that bind you to the land and water then preserve and protect :

All the Moderators

Theo , B'ski , Burger , Bill & Dave D.

Brandon can teach & old dog new tricks - DD1 ties flies

None of the Mods

Last edited by ewest; 07/15/08 08:00 AM.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Eric, that was a very moving talk. You did a good job of completing the difficult assignment you were given by Bob. So good I never figured out the identity of all 4 of the "completely separate topics" you were supposed to connect - they were too well blended into a meaningful presentation.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
"Burgermeister has to have one of the most interesting jobs of anyone I've ever met. Bski adds: Absolutely agree. Burger, you've been holding back. Your What's my Line Q&A was fascinating!"

OK, for those of you on the edge of your seats:
I eat fish heads, snake heads, frog heads, turtle heads, and the occasional GBH head, if one happens to fall from the sky...
for fun and profit. Yes, I am a POND GEEK!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...you might be a pondmeister if

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
The forum this year was about as much fun as is legal for adults to have. The presentations were excellent but the company and comraderie was over the top. I especially enjoyed adding JHAP and Brettski to familiar online presences who I now have met in person, and both lived up to my expectations based on their posting. Bob Lusk is real gentleman and a host of the highest order. I really look forward to our next meeting.

Layton Runkle
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
devasta & burgermeister,

The reel is mine. It was actually presented to me as a gift of friendship from Matt Rayl of Aquatic Eco Systems. Then I showed my appreciation my setting it down (probably because I had a beer in each hand)and forgetting it until later that night after it had disappeared.

I would be most appreciative to get it sent to me and I'll pay the shipping. Let me know and I'll send my address. Thanks guys

2008, 2011 & 2012 conference attendee.
Striving to be the person that my dog already thinks I am.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 11:13 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...