Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,951
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
4 members (KenHorton, Theo Gallus, Shorthose, rjackson), 1,005 guests, and 164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
J
If Bob Lusk will approve of it I will bring you whatever you need. My house is not far from the convention center.

J
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
J
No this would not be a Huck fin deal since getting all of the stuff to the show would be the hard part.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I have not asked Luskie about this, but I think it is worth more serious thought. It does not have to be a "formal" conference event. It could be on the side.

We could tailgate in the parking lot.

I can see it now....the security staff at the hotel is scared to approach us. They decide that because Howard, the Jamaican Van Driver, knows us, it should be him who approaches us.

Howard comes over. We simply offer to jerk some of the bluegill for him, and then theres no issues.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...the security staff is now concerned about the hub-bub surrounding their ambassador, Howard. Barney starts fumbling for the bullet in his shirt pocket as he leads Buddy and Canon over to a cheering PB mob to find Theo and Cody holding an ugly stick stretched between them on their fingertips as Howard limbos beneath with a fee-lay clenched between his pearly-whites.
-
(next)

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
... suddenly, fish zombies from the planet Zonar 7 land their interstellar ambulatory RAS in the parking lot. "Take me to your leader!" commands the largest fish zombie. Unsure whether the aliens mean the unofficial social leader (Sunil), the one who has caught the most fish (george), or the Pond Boss himself (Lusk) the fish fry party goers hesitate until ... (next)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
....almost as if on cue, Fatty farts.......

Just do it...
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
GREAT post Ken! Thanks. Definately one for the archives.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Russ
GREAT post Ken! Thanks. Definately one for the archives.

Agreed! Done!

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
"....almost as if on cue, Fatty farts......."

With the instant infusion of methane into the atmosphere, james holt's propane cooker ignites the methane into a fireball. The fish zombies from Zonar 7 don't know whether to take this as a threat or a greeting. In a confused state, the fish zombies start to exude bullheads from their gill slots. Howard, being the PETA advocate that he is, ceases his limbo, panics and starts collecting the bullheads and then proceeds to deposit them in the hotel pond. While Howard is stocking the hotel pond with bullheads, two shady characters are seen running from the pond while giggling like madmen.

The next day, the hotel grounds manager finds not only bullheads in his hotel ponds, but also crappie, LMB, gar, channel cat, and HSB.

Howard is immediately fired and Lusk lands a multi-million dollar bullhead-eradication contract.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I love happy endings
or...
is there more?

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
While performing his bullhead-eradication duties, Mr. Lusk (or Luskie to his closest friends) discovers that the newly stocked hotel pond also contains Green Sunfish. A great debate ensues as to how the GSF actually got into to the hotel pond, were they carried by birds? House cats?

Upon becoming aware of the presence of the mighty GSF, the GSA builds a combination shrine/nightclub adjacent to the hotel pond. This shine/nightclub quickly becomes the "in" spot to be. The "Studio 54" of the new millenium. Celebrity sighting are rampant. Santa and Tom Cruise are regulars. The bright lights, disco ball and the sound of the Village People blaring out of the 8 track player brings them out in droves.

And then it happened...

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
L
Fingerling
Fingerling
L
I usually scale the bg, google-eye, and fillet the Bass and Sac-a-lait. Love them deep fried with a bunch of friends and family and have a good ole time of it.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
What a post, great detail. I'm sorry to tell you Ken but I use an electric, but do not waste any meat outside the rib bones. I think I agree with Nate on technigue. Bluegill little diff and have not killed a bluegill in 10 years so probably easier with filet knife non electric version.

I'm the competive sort so how about a bass fillet contest, $20 entry, winner take all. Not barraggin' Nate but can give you a run for the money. Last week we had a tournament at client's plantation, we removed about 40 bass and once Matt and I started had them all filleted with ribs out and not wasted meat in less than 30 mins. Then fry them up in parking lot, kinda like a tailgate party. So has the bass heavy pond in the area.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
So I guess this particular event will consist of 2 man teams??? I think we have got the whole pond boss convention all wrong. What we really need to have is a pond boss reunion, with a few different pondmeistering events and of course a fish fry.
Kind of like the worlds strongest man competitions. I bet ESPN would televise the inaugural event! I will let JHAP or Brettski come up with a catchy name.

I take that back about modeling after the worlds strongest man, I dont think this event should have the winner take all. It should be more like the olympics where you just enter the events you specialize in.

Grimes, bass are easy to fillet. 1759 seconds for 40 bass and 2 guys is not going to hardly make the semi-finals.

Man! we could have all kinds of events!

Cecil would dominate the taxidermy
George would own the flyfishing stuff
Bruce could bring along a trophy bluegill to show and maybe win a ribbon.
I would be the judge for the fish frying competition

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
So I guess this particular event will consist of 2 man teams???

Man! we could have all kinds of events!

I don't know. I think that if we have a bunch of crazed pondmeisters with electric knives filleting fish, we better include a finger counting contest afterwards.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
All I can say cat is that those are some sage words right there.

Wait 'til you all see how much Cody pier-pressures cohorts into drinking.

Get it? Pier??

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
I have enjoy fileting fish in the same manner as in this post since I was about 13 years old. After my dad taught me how to do it, I really cut my teeth on bluegill. I recently learned a modification that I have found very helpful if you wish to skin your fish. Instead of cutting the filet off at the tail end, leave the filet attached to the tail and then simply flip the filet over so that the skin side is on a hard surface such as a cutting board and skin the filet beginning at the tail forward. This gives you the entire fish to hold on to while skinning the filet. It can be difficult to get the skinning process started from a loose filet and this modification makes it much easier.

"Our Life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify" -Henry David Thoreau -
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
"Howard limbos beneath with a fee-lay clenched between his pearly-whites."ummm...ra-pa-la

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Prayers needed
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 11:24 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Theo Gallus - 04/24/24 05:32 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...