Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,119
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
6 members (Shorthose, Freg, Fishingadventure, Boondoggle, RogersTailgate, jpsdad), 874 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#109019 02/23/08 02:39 AM
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Got a douzy right now and the last one I got turned in to walking pneumonia. I am absolutely miserable. Trouble is, I've got a woman that wants her two redears NOW! And I'm about as motivated as a turtle in a NASCAR race even though they are 90 percent complete. I'm going to try and be nice when I call her today but she may wish she had backed off.

What burns me is I know exactly where I picked it up. At the doctor's office during a follow up on my colonoscopy. I used the restroom there and even though I washed my hands... Man why couldn't they just give me the results over the phone!

My sinsues feel like they are on fire and my head feels like it's going to explode! I'm taking Zicam but not sure if it's helping much. When I cough it feels like somone is hitting me the head with a sludge hammer!

Anybody ever get killer colds like this?

Well it's 2 A.M. right now and the wife is in San Francisco.

Sorry I had to vent to my friends at Pond Boss!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/23/08 02:56 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Sorry about the crud Cecil - it's the flu that's near epicemic around here.
Bad stuff - flu shots didn't work ths year they say, so we are stayng away from crowds.
My doc says stay away from his office - they are all wearing masks.
Get well....

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
I hope you get better soon, Cecil. Sometimes you know exactly where you pick up a bug (this is why one of my son's friends will be forever known as "That kid who nearly killed us all with the flu"), other times you have no idea.

Now to disinfect my keyboard, mouse, and monitor - just in case.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Quote:
When I cough it feels like somone is hitting me the head with a sludge hammer!

Anybody ever get killer colds like this?

...about 10 years ago. It took me down for about 4 weeks. I made it to work every day, feeling like a turd in a cesspool. The next year, I started getting the flu shots. I did that religiously, every year, and never got it again. Then, maybe 4 years ago (?) there was this big flu-shot shortage and I was unable to secure the serum since I wasn't a senior or a child. (OK...a senior) Since that time, I have drifted back to not getting the shot and have been fortunate ever since. Like George says, odds are that this year's vaccine would have been a push anyway.
When D-ski and I DO get sick like that, we have this trick that either works or makes us believe that it works. We have a jacuzzi bath tub that I installed with an electric in-line water heater. It's the same type unit they put on a hot tub. We fill that thing up and turn up the heater and run it up to the point that is well above warm and fuzzy. We stay in that tub for at least an hour, sweating bullets. I can't remember where I heard the theory, but we try to create an artificial fever to help kill the bug. It seems to help hasten the recovery period.
-
Bundle up and sweat it out, big guy. Hurry up; we need ya here.

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
I knew that there was an advantage to living out in the country by myself with no friends!!!

Just do it...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I really like Brettski's idea. Fevers are a necessary tool in your body's immune defense system. I always go to the health club and just burn myself up in the dry sauna and it seems to help. Or at least it makes me think that I'm helping. Get well soon, Cecil.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Cecil get yourself a bottle of Black Berry Brandy and sip on it until you fall asleep. When you wake up your cold/flu will be a lot better and you can just concentrate on the headache!

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Make that De Kuypers Brandy. It tastes good enough to make you enjoy feeling bad.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
No virus or bacteria can stand up to bourbon or whiskey in the blood. There is new evidence that brain cells do regenerate, so no worries there.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
They have Everclear in South Dakota if you want me to send you some. It's 190 or 195 proof. Pretty much your ultimate rot gut drink.

Bremer Pond Weather
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
During the college years we'd mix about 1/4 Apple Pucker schnapps with 3/4 Everclear in a shot glass and nicknamed it Apple _______ (not pucker). It would surely cure what ailed ya ...at least until you woke up the next morning.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Yikes!

Bremer Pond Weather
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Guys,

Alcohol won't work for me. I'd be throwing up. I'm naturally repulsed by most alcohol and the more I drink the worse it gets. I guess I'm a wimp.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Throwing up, hurling, regurgitating and barfing all purge the pipes and get rid of the bad flarma.

No wimp builds a pier on the ice so there is no wimp in you Cecil!

Bremer Pond Weather
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Ryan Freeze
During the college years we'd mix about 1/4 Apple Pucker schnapps with 3/4 Everclear in a shot glass and nicknamed it Apple _______ (not pucker).

? ?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hey guys I think I found the ticket; popsickles and extra strenght Excederine! And I don't have to be looped if a customer shows up of which one did!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/23/08 10:45 PM.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Cecil, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I feel that way too. It's been the worse year I've had. I had the flu shot this year (dammed if I do, dammed if I don't, it seems). Started with the worse case of flu I ever had in January (missed 2 days work and felt like hell the rest of the time)...spent quite a few weekends in bed. Then I did something freaky to my (R)eye in my sleep (scratched it or something, punctured it, and dealing with that, almost healed 100%. But, NO, not enough, I caught this cold which turned into a head cold (and I knew bronchitis). Felt like hell again, dragging myself to work and finally to the doctor as I couldn't breath and wasn't getting any sleep (nor was my husband). Well, I had severe earache, sever sinus and severe bronchitis!! Just shoot me! I cannot wait until winter is over, this has been a hec of a season for me. And I'm still fighting the bronchitis and cold 3 weeks later, not better, second round of antibotics. And like the others said, I'm heard it's at all all record flu season and some bad stuff going around.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ah misery loves company! I hope you feel better soon! I'm feeling a little better now. For some reason regular aspirin doesn't do a thing for the accompanying sinus headache, but the extra strength excederin really makes a difference!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
MarkECIN, there was something going through my family where the afflicted person would just wake up and the outer most white section of their left eye was blood red, and both eyes would be very cruddy and crud-producing.

It happened to my son, my dad, my neice and my nephew.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Gosh. That sounds pink eye'ish; I didn't have the crud, just a torn layer on top causing temporary blindness while it healed. It must just be a bad year all over the place, one thing leads to another. This afternoon, I finally feel human again, I feel good. Yippie!!!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Well I spoke too soon. It comes and goes. My voice goes harsh quickly when I talk to someone. The sinuses go from mildly irritated to on fire. Oh well just going to have to wait it out. If the customer with the two redears doesn't understand tough crap. LOL I left a message with her hubby.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/24/08 07:26 PM.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: MarkECIN
Gosh. That sounds pink eye'ish; I didn't have the crud, just a torn layer on top causing temporary blindness while it healed. It must just be a bad year all over the place, one thing leads to another. This afternoon, I finally feel human again, I feel good. Yippie!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Do I know you since we are in the same state? I've talked to several pond owners in Indiana and referred them to his site, and wondered if you were one of them. I'm getting old so that doesn't help on the memory part either. \:D

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/24/08 07:26 PM.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Head cold's gone. Now it's bronchitis. Yipeeeee! I need to get out there a blow some strips of the ponds though. Not looking forward to it the way I feel. We got about 10 inches of snow last night. Heaviest rate of snowfall I've seen in a long time. At least 2 inches per hour at times.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/26/08 05:39 PM.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I told YOU! Head cold and bronchitis...and yes, I'm still fighting it - 3 weeks later, but I do feel better. Wait, your ears will get blocked and, well...you'll see. Nasty, nasty stuff. I'm in central Indiana close to Ohio border. You got 10 inches, you must be North--it blew right pass us. \:\) Gosh, I've had enought winter.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Yeah I'm up here in the northeast corner. Sure doesn't look like March is around the corner right now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 05:43 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images