Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER
18,503 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,995
Members18,504
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,539
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
5 members (Theo Gallus, FishinRod, teehjaeh57, catscratch, Pat Williamson), 1,429 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
the janitor
Lunker
OP Offline
the janitor
Lunker
Pond Boss is on a shared server, so we will occasionally experience slow load or instances where the site hangs up. The forum seems to be running well now, but there have been a few delays over the last week. If they are becoming a regular daily occurrence, please let us know. Y'all are on the site more than we are and see problems we miss.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I've been having problems for a few days, just haven't gotten around to asking about it yet. For that last day or so I often get timed out before the forum loads. Most of the time I can load the main page but loading any forum page has been difficult lately. I just now came to the forum to see if it was being discussed and found this thread.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...back on fire
thx JP

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Just had an outage. I guess it lasted at least an hour.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Sometimes nothing seems to happen when I push the submit button. But when I push it again I get "This post has already been submitted."

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/16/07 06:00 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Shared servers are part of the problem, but not annoying.

Problem I have is that when I try to log on through a static IP address, nothing, and you can wait for hours.

As soon as I switch my modem to dynamic, Poof!!! your on.

Means only one thing...

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I've had the same issues working from different computers and separate locations. 5 minutes ago I couldn't open PB, then just now it opened immediately.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I've been having trouble loading the site from yahoo bookmarks over the last couple of days. When I enter the address manually it works fine. I tried to re-save the address in the bookmark, but am still having the same problem. It may just be a problem with yahoo bookmarks, but my other links seem to work.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
During the week I had the same problem as bbjr. Site has been working much better since late Thursday or Friday.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Problems continued off and on 11-16/17-07.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
After I open my browser (internet explorer/yahoo), if I try to open the PB forum from my favorites/bookmarks, it does not happen.

For the last week, I almost always have to open another random website from my favorites/bookmarks; after that random page loads, then I select the PB forum from the same list of favorites/bookmarks, and it loads with no problem.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
This morning on and off slow as molasses.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Pond Boss is on a shared server, so we will occasionally experience slow load or instances where the site hangs up. The forum seems to be running well now, but there have been a few delays over the last week. If they are becoming a regular daily occurrence, please let us know. Y'all are on the site more than we are and see problems we miss.

For me the Pond Boss site has been slow every day, not just occasional instances. I generally log on in the morning usually between 6:00 am and 8:00 am PST. Every day this week it has required multiple attempts to log on. The inital forums page will load within a reasonable amount of time but then when I attempt to long on, after entering my forums name and password, and click submit or enter or whatever, the site just hangs. Most of the time it "times out." I have tried using different browsers (Internet Explorer - which I hate with a horrible vengence, and Mozilla Firefox) the results were the same regardless of browsers. I then also tried entering the forum url address directly into the address line (as opposed to click take me to my most favorite site on the entire internet) and the results were still the same. Once logged on this was no guarantee that the site would run correctly. Several times when attempting to post I got "timed out" (which is probably a welcome relief for some folks here that get tired of my nonsensical posts). I thought it was a problem at my end so I ran cache cleaners, adwatch, spybot, antivirus and even vacuumed the dust out of the keyboard and cleaned my monitor screen (am I thorough or what?) This morning it took me four attempts to log on and lord knows what will happen when I click Submit to post this.

Here goes......

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Quote:
Internet Explorer - which I hate with a horrible vengence

Brother Mine!

Forum behavior IME this A.M. is about the same as it has been all week, i.e. I can sometimes get directly on, and (as someone mentioned above) sometimes have to go to the Pond Boss home page and use the "Ask the Boss" link. WRT logging on, I never log off. Once on, I can read posts pretty successfully, but the first attempt to MAKE a post 1) locks everything up for a while and 2) does successfully produce a post (we'll see about this instance .......... NOW).

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I have also tried going through the main PB which always loads properly, but the problem can happen at any time. I'm at about 70% of normally operation from two different locations on separate computers.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I have also tried going through the main PB which always loads properly, but the problem can happen at any time. I'm at about 70% of normal operation from two different locations on separate computers.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I cannot login using firefox for some reason. I can login with safari everytime. Also when I submit a post, it freezes up, I have to exit the website, but the post is submitted.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
Also when I submit a post, it freezes up, I have to exit the website, but the post is submitted.

That is exactly what happened when I submitted the post above. Then after several attempts to log on I gave up.

This morning I was able to log on without any problems. However we shall see what happens when I submit this post in....

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
It did it again. The post was submitted and then my computer froze solid. I had to close down Pond Boss, exit Mozilla, restart Mozilla and then re log onto Pond Boss. I'm sure that when I submit this post the process will start all over again.

HELP JP!!!!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well I submitted the above post and everything is working normal so far. So I'm gonna post like a raging idiot (I know, I know, what is so different about that right?) while I can.

Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Brother Mine!

Let's see, so that would make me the..... dumber brother. DOH!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I've only been able to make one post (hopefully two now) in the last four days. Otherwise my computer times out every time. J.P. I hope we can figure out what's wrong. I'm getting really frustrated.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Yep Bruce, you and me both. After posting the last post I made above I posted to another thread and once again everything locked up. Then it took me two attempts to log back on. The posting count seems as though it's falling fast (I just clicked on the posts made in the past 48 hours and it was only one page of posts, normally it's two or three pages). This is bad enough on high speed internet access. It must be horrible for poor DIED.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
I'm with you guys. Tried to post yesterday and timed out.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I'm at about 50% functionality at PB for that last few days.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Loading of the main forum page is sporatic for me. Sometimes it loads okay sometimes it hangs up on the home page. Adding a post is now often a problem. It loads 1/3 of the bar scale and then hangs up. To get off the page, I have to cancel out of the site and reload it. When I do that my post has been loaded. My problems are similar to those stated by Cecil aka CB1 "Sometimes nothing seems to happen when I push the submit button. But when I push it again I get "This post has already been submitted."

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner