Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ben Davis, DBS, SHORTCREEK, Goldie1!, RobS
18,526 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,009
Posts558,455
Members18,527
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,602
ewest 21,512
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,158
Who's Online Now
1 members (catscratch), 719 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mikebee Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It looks like I've got to go under the knife (again). I am sitting here in Cardiac Pre-Op waiting for tomorrow's triple bypass surgery reading Pond Boss stuff. How's that for addicted. After getting a stent last year and having it fail and cause a heart attack, I find myself once again dealing with a blocked (79%)coronary artery. The cardiologist says he doesn't think this is a stent fixable situation and the surgen says while he is in there working on the worst one he might as well bypass two other smaller blockages. I can't express how much fun it is sitting in the hospital in relatively good health waiting for a week of absolute pure misery to come followed by 6-8 weeks of convelescence. Oh well, such is life. I realize none of you know me since I don't post much, but I am here reading everyday and have been since I found this site last year so I feel like one of the gang. So, if you would, just hold a good thought for me.

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Mikebee, I will light a candle and say a prayer for you today. I know you will be fine. You Tennesee boys are tough. Some of you came to Texas and helped us out, so I am going to return the favor and will ask the Big Guy to watch out for you.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
Lunker
Lunker
The best of luck, Mike.

Been there with my Dad, through quad by-pass. Recovery is lengthy, but the quality (not to mention length) of life improvement can be amazing. Take it as easy as they tell you afterwards, and let that chest heal. We're pulling for you.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Get well fellow pond meister, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by mikebee:
...I feel like one of the gang. So, if you would, just hold a good thought for me.
You are, so I will. \:\)

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Stay positive, think good thoughts, and we'll all do the same.

I spent three years growing up in Oak Ridge, TN. so I'm a Tenn. boy myself.

Make sure to update us when you're back up.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
mikebee, prayers and good thoughts for fast recovery are sent yer way from el dorado.

GSF are people too!

G
G
Mike, prayers and a good support group are a ticket to good health – and you have both from your many PB friends…!

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I want to hear more about your experience after you recover.

You may not post frequently, but your contribution is very high quality.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Mike,

I'm praying for you too. If it makes you feel better everybody I know that has had a bypass surgery came out of it with flying colors. I even know one guy at my church that recently had five bypasses! He is doing fine. I have an uncle that has a heart transplant and he is still working 20 years after the transplant. These operations have become quite routine.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Mike know we are all thinking about you . God's speed on a quick recovery. Think about it this way - it will give you more time to read ,learn and post. Let us know how things go.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
mikebee waves off Nurse Brackett's offering of boiled ham and creamed corn...
 Quote:
I am sitting here in Cardiac Pre-Op waiting for tomorrow's triple bypass surgery reading Pond Boss stuff.
Wow...and I thought the guy with a wireless router at his pier was over the top. MB, you have just set a benchmark worthy of the PB Hall of Fame!
B-ski and D-ski send you windy city strength, support and prayers. TCB and hurry back.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
God speed Mike! I have a feeling you will want to send us a quick note from the recovery room, but don't push it!

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Buddy. Post your recovery. We will all be waiting.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Mike, thanks for sharing your situation with us. Best wishes from Atlanta. We'll be here to help you through recovery.

Just do it...
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Good luck Mike. I had triple bypass back in 98 so know what you will be going through.

You have the world at your fingertips
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Best of luck, Mike! Sorry I came on this a day late.

If you're having surgery in Nashville, and you or your family need anything, please drop me a line. I'd loan you my back issues of PB during your recovery but my subscription is only 2 issues old, you've probably already got them.

d_heusinkveld@yahoo.com

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I'm only posting this because I want to make sure Mike doesn't look at this thread in recovery and see Yolk Sac's name first thing. Better to bury it a little to ease the shock.

Lunker
Lunker
Hope all is well, you are in my prayers as well.

Chris
D
D
Mike,
Wishing You a Quick recovery. I can see you are a God fearing person , asking for Prayers, so we know you will go thru this thing with flying colors, Had q quad. bypass in 2000 , left with only 21% heart funtion and God has Bless me to the highest, just keep your Faith strong and always remember God does things on his time not ours. Our Prayers and Love here at Independent Gospel Church in Dickson Tenn. are with you and your family

If God be for us , Then who can be against us?
P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Best of thoughts from up here in the occasionally cold North!

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
Mike
The POWER of prayer is an awesome experience. Hope to hear a POSITIVE report from you soon!
You are in our prayers also.
best
al

M
mikebee Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. Well, it is obvious that I made it out alive. I swear, a hospital is no place for a sick guy. I am back home and am doing quite well. I should have checked in sooner, but it has taken me a little time getting back to the computer.

I am really surprised at the rate of recovery considering the assault on my body. I now have a neat 10" incision scar and several assorted tube hole scars, etc. to add to my collection. The hospital staff start the recovery literally the evening after the surgery by making you get out of bed and sit in the chair every couple of hours. The day after the surgery when they took me out of ICU, I was told I had to make a quota of 5 laps around the hall. Within 3 days I was up to 25 laps. I had the surgery Tuesday morning and was discharged on Saturday by lunch. There were 2 nights that were very rough pain wise, but all in all it was not as bad as I had envisioned. It would have been a little better if the hospital system would allow patients to actually sleep for more than an hour and a half at a stretch. I could not wait to get home just to get some shut-eye.

I am not allowed to do any physical work, nor can I drive for a month. Otherwise, I am up and walking and feeling real good. Spending lots of time accepting the pampering, watching the tube, playing on my banjo and hanging out. Thanks, again for all your support.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
Congratulations mikebee! Your recovery period should give you more time to keep up with the forum.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I'm glad you're back, Mikebee! Keep up the nice recovery!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jrschneider, Robocopc
Recent Posts
Forest Pond in the White Mountains
by esshup - 05/12/24 11:15 PM
curly leaf infestation
by esshup - 05/12/24 10:59 PM
Nested Mallards
by FishinRod - 05/12/24 09:58 PM
What did you do at your pond today?