Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER
18,503 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,994
Members18,504
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,539
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
4 members (Boondoggle, FishinRod, catscratch, Theo Gallus), 1,226 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Lunker
Lunker
K
If it was an audible sound and not a side effect we felt, anyone around could hear it for a mile. Sounded like feedback from a amp like very low and resonating. It was a residential neighborhood. There were no reports and we didn't want to sound crazy calling Richardson parks asking if they had seen a ufo???. We told our family. We were kinda frozen and stunned. I didn't even have internet in my house in '93 and didn't know about mufon or anyone to report it too other than my parents. I was scared. I was just out of highschool. My mom believed me instantly. Yesterday there was an article about the lady who heads up newzealands ufo research and her sighting sounded just like mine other than she thinks she may have been abducted. I'll get the link.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Wolfe:

...hope you guys will still help with my pond and won't think I'm crazy.
People still help me with my ponds and they know I'm crazy. :p \:D

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Wolfe:
We told our family. We were kinda frozen and stunned.
I believe you Keith. I believe you definitely saw something. What you saw may or may not be an Earthly phenomenon. As you know, the chances are that it was Earthly. But we never know, do we?

Me and a friend were driving early 1 morning, and saw some very strange objects high in the sky. They appeared to be at least 10K feet, and maybe as high as 30K feet. They appeared to be 5-7 metallic objects hovering and moving around. They had to be at least car sized. We watched them for 20 minutes. I speculated they were some sort of unusual reflection of automobiles from a nearby town, caused by a sharp interface between hot and cold (or moist and dry) air. My buddy said they were definitely UFO's.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
"People still help me with my ponds and they know I'm crazy."

I've met you in person Bruce and you

definitely...

definitely...

definitely...

are not as crazy as me. \:D

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

K
Lunker
Lunker
K

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
For the record, Keith, I remain very open to the idea that earth is not the only source of intelligent life. I maintain the same open attitude about ghosts and spirits. Besides, I was always pretty lousy at Frisbee anyway.
-
Your sighting experience is intriguing. I believe you.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
There's intelligent life on Earth?

I, did, not, know, that.

Oh right! Pigs and Dolphins.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
And Pondbosses.

S
S
Hi Cecil,
I am new here and being ex-police, I would find out who is on my property to start. Once I was working at a transmission facility that was fenced in. I saw guys that were up to no good walking around and I wanted to know what they were up to- I thought they were burring body parts or something. Turns out they were planting marijuana plants on a transmission facility of a Spanish station right across from a Police auto pound.I notified the owner and the Cook County police- the plants are probably still there?

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Skywave:
Hi Cecil,
I am new here and being ex-police, I would find out who is on my property to start. Once I was working at a transmission facility that was fenced in. I saw guys that were up to no good walking around and I wanted to know what they were up to- I thought they were burring body parts or something. Turns out they were planting marijuana plants on a transmission facility of a Spanish station right across from a Police auto pound.I notified the owner and the Cook County police- the plants are probably still there?
Thanks Skywave. I tried to find out but wasn't able to. Funny there was no markings on the van but they had reflective vests on like the highway department wears. My mother who lives in an apartment above my garage said they were pushing what looked like wires into my dike that parallels the highway. That sounds like they were checking for seepage. Of course there is none.

On another note I worked as a biologist aid intern just out of college one summer way back in 1976. The other biologist aid was a spoiled brat who's father was a heart surgeon. All he wanted to do was party and was a regular pot smoker. The idiot planted marijuana seeds all over the state hatchery grounds. I wonder what the penalty would have been for planting that on state property?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Cecil,
I wonder if it was a utility company of some sorts? Since your mother said they were pushing wires in the ground, they could have been using a probe rod to find a water line. I have to locate our waterlines everyday and that involves me pushing either a 4' or a 6' probe rod into the ground to actually touch the main. Like us they may not have a lot of tracer wire installed with their older mains. If they were in the right of way or a utility easement thats all they have been looking for.

A little snow, Please!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by trialsguy:
Cecil,
I wonder if it was a utility company of some sorts? Since your mother said they were pushing wires in the ground, they could have been using a probe rod to find a water line. I have to locate our waterlines everyday and that involves me pushing either a 4' or a 6' probe rod into the ground to actually touch the main. Like us they may not have a lot of tracer wire installed with their older mains. If they were in the right of way or a utility easement thats all they have been looking for.
Trialsguy,

Fair guess, but I doubt it as there is no reason for a water line in my dike. Also there are no water lines this far out of town. And the power here is overhead.

I suppose I will find out one of these days. I just hope they have the decency to try and work with me and not assume anything and send me a nasty letter or something. I'm a pretty easy going flexible guy and do the best to bite my tongue when the government tries to throw its weight around. \:D

Good thing is, I have a good rapport with the local highway department supervisior, and he has said I am not causing a problem. We had a culvert freeze up under the driveway this winter and he thinks we need to replace it with a bigger one, and asked if it was possible if they would put it in, if I would cover the cost of the culvert for a couple hundred bucks. I said sure thing and that whatever it takes I am flexible. I don't want to make any waves as want to be doing my aquaculture thing when I retire.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Cecil, make em swim with monster record sized yeller perch fishes. I can hear the jaws tune right now \:D :p

Ouch, scary thread actually.

Robinson, PI (Politically Incorrect, of Course)
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
BUMP

So have you figured out who they were yet?

Hey Moe, I'm trying to think but nuthin's happening!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Jersey,

No haven't heard a thing. Thanks for asking.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/27/24 07:04 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/27/24 01:11 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build