Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
cgoetz1, BarkyDoos, beauphus, Lina, blueyss
18,518 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,994
Posts558,320
Members18,519
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,579
ewest 21,510
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,155
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 564 guests, and 141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Just a reminder ladies and gentlemen I have a website where you can enter a fish caught in your ponds or someone else's private pond. You just have to meet the minimum weight for kept fish and length for released fish.

No prizes but your ugly mug will be on the worldwide web for everyone to see, terrorists, polticians, beautiful women, you name it!

I have relaxed the standards and a certified scale is no longer necessary as long as you have a pic of the fish with the digital weight showing for kept fish. For released fish all that is necessary is a pic of the fish and the length clearly visible and pic of you and the fish. Addtionally no witnesses are necessary! That's for you Texans that are so out in the boo nies you don't even have company! \:D

Take the camera with you when you go fishing next time! You never know!

Looks like Dr. Condello will be entering a bluegill.

Come on folks he's a dentist for God's sake are you going to let him beat you? ;\)

Oh... here's the link:

http://www.ligtel.com/~jjbaird/pprf/pprf.htm

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
If I catch another one that ties this one, and nobody else has beat it yet, can I replace the picture with a newer, better one?

Huh, can I, huh can I, huh?????

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
If I catch another one that ties this one, and nobody else has beat it yet, can I replace the picture with a newer, better one?

Huh, can I, huh can I, huh?????
I wouldn't have a problem with it and since it's my contest... ;\)

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Cecil, here's my input. It's very hard to catch and enter a fish that meets the minimum requirements. I think you would get the competition going if you cut the minimum weight requirements...maybe the record should be the largest fish reported. I would like to see a 6-7 lb LMB, topped by an 8 pounder, that would be neat to see...a 2 lb crappie...or a BG like Condello's monsters, can anyone top it ? Reading a simple post about a record falling would be a great topic for conversation. I like the site, and I do catch some big fish...just not quite that big \:\) It would also be great to see the web site fill up with photos of our friends holding up their prize !

J
J
I too have caught some nice fish, took pictures of fish with ruler, only to find out they don't meet min. requirements. I also have a nice pic of my Dad holding a 25" Chain Pickeral(caught at my pond), but don't have proper documentation. It is also difficult to get a pic of yourself holding your catch without a witness to take the pic. Just my 2 cents.

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I respectfully disagree. I see enough trophy fish on a regular basis as a taxidermist, just in my area from private ponds, I don't believe the minimums are to large. I can't believe the ponds in my area are so much better than the rest of the country.

Bring a camera and a five gallon bucket or cooler, measuring tape or board along with a digital scale with you when you fish and you can get the job done. It's not rocket science. (Even though Meadowlark is a rocket scientist). \:D

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Cecil,

I totally agree with you. Don't relax your standards. I don't have any problem with them at all...just have a problem remembering a camera when it counts most.

:rolleyes:

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
I like thinking outside of the box. I think the record should be for the smallest fish caught and safely released in each category. It takes real tallent to catch and safely release the real small ones!! \:D \:D

Any stiff can catch the big ones! :p Hell if fish are like me the older they get the worse the eyesight they get. If I were a fish I would probably hit on anything that even wiggled a little bit ( or so my wife keeps telling me ) ;\)

---------------------------------
1/10 - 1/4 acre pond plus 16 ft deep/ Plus 40 ft by 20 ft by 6 ft deep koi and fathead minnow pond next to it. Upstate NY

Lunker
Lunker
Okay Cecil, here's my complaint. There is no category for Golden Shiners!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
Nor is there one for my precious gambusia, lol. \:D

All said it IS Cecil's contest, rules, and guidelines. With the internet as diverse and open as it is today there is no reason someone else could not open their own challenge for a smaller fish contest.
Personally I find the word "challenge" more applicable to what Cecil has created though.
Everyone bait a hook and fish your butts off. No reason to aim for anything less than the stars. I plan to join in on that quest shortly myself as busy season should be winding down.

Anyhow... Thanks to Cecil for creating the contest in the first place. Too often we get bogged down in the negatives and don't get enough pats on the back for our efforts. ;\)

Deb

Do fish actually kiss?

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
And if there was, you'de be playing 2nd fiddle. :p

J
J
You guys are absolutely correct, it's Cecil's web site and his rules.Just wanted to put it out there that not every one has forgotten about it.Been fishing Upstate NY for alot of years, and have caught plenty of 5-6lbers but haven't ever landed a 7 lb LM. Maybe it's me or my fishing holes.

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Hey listen up ;\) I was only trying to drum up business for Cecil's page...he's a good guy and I would like to see more entries. I guess I'll just have to use bigger bait !

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Eastland:
Hey listen up ;\) I was only trying to drum up business for Cecil's page...he's a good guy and I would like to see more entries. I guess I'll just have to use bigger bait !
Not a problem Eastland. No offense taken.

However, if I have to become a drill instructor on here to whip you wimp anglers in shape I will! \:D

P
P
My pond has only been full for 6 weeks now. Watch out everyone, I plan to take some records soon. ;\) \:\)

Rockytopper was bragging about 12-15# catfish on the "How fast does your catfish grow" thread. He could take the catfish record right now. Come on everyone, lets turn this into a real competition. Show us your pond management skills by taking some of these records.

Please no more rain for a month! :|

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
8ball3290, BradVV, patcinkc, Teg
Recent Posts
Is my feeder toast?
by Boondoggle - 05/07/24 05:14 PM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 05/07/24 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday Augie!
by jludwig - 05/07/24 11:47 AM
Swimming Pond Center Fun Ideas
by tlogan - 05/07/24 07:23 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 05/06/24 09:36 PM
How much feed?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 07:55 PM
My First
by Bill Cody - 05/06/24 07:22 PM
Aquaculture Business/Equipment for Sale (Ohio)
by Theo Gallus - 05/06/24 07:19 PM
Trees on dam
by esshup - 05/06/24 06:08 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by ewest - 05/06/24 01:17 PM
Help building a natural 285,000 clay lined pond
by esshup - 05/06/24 10:39 AM
feeders on bank--any hog problems?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 10:24 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday