Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,005
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
3 members (teehjaeh57, anthropic, Snipe), 947 guests, and 206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43323 02/27/03 03:22 AM
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
OP Offline
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
The Pond Boss web site just reached a new high, last Monday, with 538 unique users that day!
Fellas, the next issue of Pond Boss has outstanding articles from Bill Cody and Christopher "Pottsy" Potts. Don't miss this issue, it's the best ever. More articles, bigger magazine, several new advertisers, more color.
Here's the deal...believe it or not, not everyone who comes on this site is a subscriber. And, not every pond pro who solicits business from this site is an advertiser.
It's time to belly up to the bar, boys. $29 for a subscription ain't gonna break anyone, and advertising helps support the magazine. There's talk amongst the partners about ways to charge for the site. We do have administrative costs associated with the site. I would rather keep it free.
Needless to say, we need the support of EVERY user to keep it available to all comers.
So, here's a deal. It's the middle of the night, I've been answering questions for six straight hours, I'm not thinking clearly, and the partners will probably kill me.
But, for every new subscriber who calls by Friday noon, I'll discount your subscription rate to $24. Call and talk to Nicole later this morning, or tomorrow. Be sure to tell her of our "deal". We've been iced in for two days, so if she's late to work later this morning, leave a message on voice mail. Call with a mastercard or visa, and she will start your subscription immediately. And, all you current subscribers, I'll make you a special deal, too. If you want to buy a gift subscription for a buddy, make it $20, if you do it by noon Friday.
Hurry up, before I get caught.
We've supported everyone, now you non-subscribers need to throw us a bone.
(800)687-6075...I'll even pay for the call.
Thanks, Lusk

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
T
T
Bob - well said and certainly a fair offer. Pond Boss, like any business, has overhead expenses. At the minimum, folks using the board should be subscribers to the magazine. The advice and information I have received through Pond Boss over the years has made a huge difference in the management of my pond not to mention it is great entertainment! Join up!!

J
J
Your absolutely right Bob! For all the info I've picked up already, the $24 is a steal. I'll be calling later today. Just a thought, you might get more subsciptions if you had a way to subscrbe on the forum mainpage. I know I for one would have done it already(not much of a snail mail or phone guy) Anyway, I look forward to seeing the next issue

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Theres a good reason to subscribe other than supporting the web site. A lot of articles show up in there that don't ever get discussed on the web site. I've gotten a lot of information there that I didn't know enough to ask.

J
J
Bob, your book and mag are great. But for new pondmeisters like my son and I, this website is even more valuable. We've already had several direct and difficult questions answered that we couldn't get any other way (other than paying big bucks for a pond pro who knows everything that all of you out there cumulatively know). So we would be MORE than willing to pay for this website. Just keep helping us; and put Pottsy and Cecil and Dave and Greg and your other experts on the payroll, or maybe just ask them nicely to keep contributing so you don't have to stay up all night. -JB an Scott

Take great care of it, or let someone else have it.
J
J
I have to add one more thing: in all my years, in all that I have ever been involved in, I have never experienced so many good folks who were so helpful for no other reason than the goodness in them. -JB

P.S. Bob, how about putting together a small convention sometime so we could all meet and ...I believe we'd all come from all corners of the country.

N
N
Anyone that has a pond and doesn't have this magazine coming to their home is ignorant! That being said, the one thing that all of us needs to realize is that the pond proffesionals that contribute to this site are not getting paid for the advice that they are supplying us and are basically giving up money. Yes, they do get business from some of us from time to time, but the information that they give is invalubale. I think the least one can do to repay this kindness is to subscribe to the magazine.

The information and advice that I have obtained from this site and the magazine has saved me a great deal of money, time and frustation. I would like to take this time to thank each and every one of those of you that supplied advice and support to me.

Thanks, Newbee

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Pond Boss is the only magazine of exactly it's type that I have ever seen, (Or maybe just the best.... or perhaps I just like the fellas involved so much I quit looking for other people to pester. \:D )

This site is a great resource, either through the reams of discussion threads or being able to get feedback/answers generally within hours on a variety of pond related topics. Even just to keep in touch and share the views or solicit the opinions of fellow pondmeisters make a subscription worth every penny.

Three cheers for Pond Boss and all involved!!!

(This has been a test of the free PB hat aquisition system.)

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!
E
Ed Offline
E
The price of your magazine is certainly a good deal if it is anything like the quality of this site. I am not a subscriber because I don't have a pond. I found this site a few weeks ago while looking for information about possibly building a pond in the future. Reading the old posts at this site has been very valuable in tweaking my interest and furthering my knowledge. I can see myself as a future subscriber.

If you were to charge for the site, some such as myself, would no longer be here (not that I have contributed anything). There are other, similar quality sites on the web that I would turn to.

So, I pose this rhetorical question to you. Is the cost of the site greater than the value of the advertising it provides for your magazine?

Good luck and I hope this site continues to be open to the public.

L
L
Lakedoctors just stepped up to the bar drank a shot of the good stuff. It went down easy.Everybody needs to try a good shot of this great deal.Bottoms up Doc

Doc
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Ed,I have been a 2-year subscriber to Pond Boss and so is my father. I have told many people about it some who have subscribed some who have not. I have never met Mark McDonald but have used Bob Lusk on our lakes and have found him to be of the highest integrity and an incredible source of information. The magazine is something I look forward to getting and reading cover to cover. You may not have meant it this way but the statement that you would go elsewhere is nothing but a slap in the face to someone who has obviously spent a fair amount of money and time developing a place that I'm sure is not meant to be something that is merely a cash drain. I know how much one of these sights cost to establish and maintain and anyone who can't pony up to the bar for 20 dollars and change yet signs up and makes use of it should be ashamed. Ed it looks like you just recently found this site but if you find the information useful and continue posting please consider rewarding Pond Boss for the effort and expense of giving you a site to pick the brains of some very smart people. No offense meant I just had to pat these guys on the back for the effort.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Where else can a pond owner go and get this quality, experienced, and often unbiased advice for currently free?. Often you get several good opinions and additional ideas. It is too good of a deal at free. It should cost a little bit. The cost of subscribing to the magazine is trivial considering you ALSO get numerous educational articles about pond management. Support the magazine because it supports this forum site. I have all the back issues of Pond Boss magazine and they are a TREMENDOUS information resource for me. Thanks for reading to this point. Bill Cody

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'll call tomorrow but you didn't have to sweeten the deal for me. I just kept forgetting to get around to it.

I canceled my Aquaculture Magazine subscription (tired of hearing about catfish farming in Vietnam and newest disease in the net pens of Nova Scotia) so I'm on board.

Sorry it took me so long!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
I support this site with my subscription. I read it but get more from this board. Sorry I currently don't advertise. I have not made a dime in the two previous ads in the mag. Maybe I should try it again. Also I write for another pond mag and get paid for it, and have never been offered the same in Pond Boss other than a few quotes. My main point is...I completely agree if you use this site please get a subscription to the magazine.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
E
Ed Offline
E
I hope my previous post was not taken as a "slap in the face" by anyone as Buzz suggested. I was trying to say the subscription looked like a great deal and that this site is very high quality.

I was also trying to explain why the free site has advertizing value. Where it not for the site, I would never have known about the Pond Boss publication. As I said, I could see myself subscribing to the publication in the future. I just can't justify it at this stage (ie: no pond or immediate plans for one, just contemplation at the moment). I don't know how much this site costs to manage. I merely wanted to suggest additional ways to view the expense and the value of maintaining it as free vs. fee based.

My comment about going elsewhere was simply intended to mean that if the site were to be fee based, I would not automatically subscribe to continue viewing it. Other businesses have made such assumptions to their detriment. I was trying to be helpful. Notice that I did not point anyone to the sites I referred to out of respect for the owners of this site. I also did not say the sites were better than this site, only that they were also quality sites.

I hope this post comes across more clearly than the previous one. I have nothing but praise for this site. I wish the owners well and hope for the success of all of their business ventures.

I appologize if anyone was offended in any way by my previous post.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I should reorder another subcription to the magazine once my first subcription runs out.

T
T
I for one subscribed (and bought book 1) within a week or two after finding the site. Book 2 order won't be far behind! This is a great source of information and thanks to everyone who helps make it so!

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
ED:

I don't want to jump on your case re your pond building observations. However the fact that you are looking at this and other websites on this subject because you are contemplating building a pond indicates to me that you are the ideal candidate to be a subscriber. It is likely that a few bucks for a subscription will save you hundreds or thousands of $ in your decisions on pond building. My pond is 50 years old & I could probably argue that the subscription is probably less valuable to me than to someone thinking about building a lake or pond. Come-on, Ed, show Bob the money.

PS: I've tested the free PB hat acquisition system too, it comes down to four letters -- VISA

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
C
C
day late and a dollar short again. wouldn't want to renew this offer would you?

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
You convinced me,

Al Kohutek

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Bob, Here is another thought. You need a swimsuit edition in the spring. All the other magazines are doing it. I can see it now Pond Boss will be in all the airports and grocery stores all over the country. You can build your own mansion that we can all come and visit each week for movie night and card night with ponds that are all filled with big fish and a plane with a bass painted on the tail of the plane. Hey, it could happen.

J
J
OK now we might have gotten carried away, I've read both books, love the website, and subscibed to the magazine, but I don't think I need to see Bob and Mark in BIKINIS! (just a joke guys)

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
D
D
I think this a a great site and the pond boss magazine is full of helpfull information. I would like to see articles in pond boss that spotlights subsriber's ponds with pictures etc. Also, is there a pond boss T-shirt available?

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
I do subscribe to the magazine and don't personally think Bob should reduce the price for all these freeloaders on the web . great magazine and website , well worth the wealth of info, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ---HARVEY !!!!

J
J
Mark and Bob, I too think a spotlight of a subscriber's pond in each magazine is a great idea. i'd enjoy reading about how information from this site, as well as your books and nmagazine have helped (us) to improve our fisheries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Snipe - 04/28/24 11:22 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...