Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,989
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
7 members (teehjaeh57, Sunil, hartfish, FishinRod, jmartin, Theo Gallus, Bigtrh24), 1,143 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bocomo Offline OP
OP Offline
CONGRATS Bill Cody!

I didn't see a public thread so I made one. Many thanks for your tireless efforts. I have personally benefited from your expertise many times.

(link to announcement)

Last edited by Bocomo; 02/26/16 11:41 AM. Reason: Added link to official announcement
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
Congratulations Bill - very well deserved! I would like to personally and publicly thank you for all your patient guidance through the years. Everything I've learned about Northern fishery and pond management was derived from you, Dave Willis, Condello..., and I share that knowledge to new generations of pond owners throughout Nebraska as often as I can. I am deeply grateful for your help through my journey to attain my goals. Can't wait for the next chapters to unfold - thank you and congratulations!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

+1B Very well deserved Bill. From the time I came on the forum you have helped this newbie every step of the way. I always look forward to clicking on your posts with the thought, "What am I going to learn today!" Congratulations Buddy!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Here here! Mr Cody has ben more than patient with me and my endless often repeated ?s. Thank you much Bill, I shall continue to pester you and mooch lunches. (Bill cooks very well).

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
This has been a long-awaited announcement. I am extremely pleased that it is finally announced.

Congratulations to Mr. Cody.

Even behind the scenes,few knew of the selection. Only a few of the moderators were on the selection committee. The rest included a small trusted and honored group of long-time PB members who wouldn't let the results leak, even under severe torture and water boarding.

I wish we wouldn't have had to lose Dr. Dave Willis to do this. Dr Dave was such a great leader, educator and a close personal friend to so many here and throughout his many years of befriending and mentoring at the university.

Bill Cody exemplifies what his good friend Dave Willis taught so many of us, and especially to those who follow us.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
No crashing Space Shuttles tonight, Mabro!!!

Congratulations!!!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
This has been a long-awaited announcement. I am extremely pleased that it is finally announced.

Congratulations to Mr. Cody.

Even behind the scenes,few knew of the selection. Only a few of the moderators were on the selection committee. The rest included a small trusted and honored group of long-time PB members who wouldn't let the results leak, even under severe torture and water boarding.

I wish we wouldn't have had to lose Dr. Dave Willis to do this. Dr Dave was such a great leader, educator and a close personal friend to so many here and throughout his many years of befriending and mentoring at the university.

Bill Cody exemplifies what his good friend Dave Willis taught so many of us, and especially to those who follow us.

Well stated, Ken, +100

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Congratulations, Bill! All of us appreciate your tireless efforts.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Thank you Bill for all the help you have provided to me over the last few years!

G
G
I would also like to take the time to thank you Bill for all of your guidance with starting my new pond.

Bill, congratulations.

If I may, I'd like to remind the members that this award is based on input and examples from us the members. Based on member input, Bill Cody was an easy first decision, and the Dave Willis Legacy Award will continue to travel that path. It's not about the biggest fish, the most money spent, or post counts. It's about the sharing of time and knowledge within both the PB Forum, and the pond community in general. Bill Cody exemplifies that, and although I only met Dr. Willis one time, I think he would be proud right now. Member suggestions for future Dave Willis Legacy Award candidates can be PM'ed to committee chairman teehjaeh57, sprkplug, Dave Davidson1, esshup, catmandoo, or myself.

There will always be a first recipient, and it was an personal honor to have a small part in helping select Bill Cody as that recipient.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 02/26/16 08:12 AM. Reason: ADHD

AL

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Where was the original announcement??

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Last edited by FireIsHot; 02/26/16 09:13 AM. Reason: Replaced link

AL

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
No, not that one.

I mean the one announcing Cody as the recipient.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Mr. Cody as I sit here and read this I think there are but few that deserve such an award. I did not have the privilege of knowing Mr. Willis. I have never really met you except to say I watched you give a very informative speech at one of the PBC's in Springfield.

My point is you don't even know me you have no reason to help me or others here your knowledge is far beyond lots of us and yet you talk to us like were your brother! And break it down for the simple guys to understand!

You helped me out without question and what I like the most about you sir is you push me to do my homework before I say or post anything cause I know your watching!!! smile LOL!!

Thanks a ton Bill your the best!!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
B
B
Congrats, Bill. Thank you for sharing your vast wisdom and encouragement.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Bill,
Congrats on the well deserved honor and thank you for everything you've done for me and the other members here.

Dan and Jodi

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Originally Posted By: Sunil
No, not that one.

I mean the one announcing Cody as the recipient.

Here you go.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438819#Post438819

Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Could not possibly have been a more deserving recipient.

Bill, thanks not only for everything you do, but also for the way in which you go about doing it.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
I've had the pleasure and honor of sitting down with many of the fine folks in this Pond Boss family. The fondest memory I have was the first time I got to sit down one-on-one and talk with Cody at the first conference I attended. It was probably just another conversation about forage species he probably had a dozen times that weekend, but it was one that resonated with me and will remain one of the more fascinating discussions I've been a part of.

No one is more deserving of this honor than Cody. You want a straight shooter who will tirelessly answer questions he's heard a hundred times before? Cody's your guy. Extremely generous with his knowledge and we are all better for it. Congratulations sir.

T
T
Congrats Bill, and Thank you once again for your guidance and recommendations here.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
F
F
You deserve it Bill, congrats. And lets not forget to say thanks for the good job done by the nomination committee.

RC, I feel the same way as you stated. I think most of us come here with all kinds of (simple)questions, just plain not knowing and newbies. We want answers, and fast. I like how Bill always welcomes anyone and then tends to throw more info in front of us, to answer the question, but it also gets one to dig a little deeper if they are willing, to learn even more than what we knew we needed. Sneaky little bugger grin.

Thanks Bill

There's little I can add that hasn't already been said, other than another Congratulations Bill Cody!

Bill, I feel fortunate to have met you when Fatih and I were at Bob-O's in IN, albeit a short meeting, but thank you for not only how you've helped me personally, with compressor issues to testing my water for BG algae, but for all your selfless contributions to the forum from which we have all learned so much, and continue to learn!

Congratulations on a well deserved award!

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Congrats Bill Cody!! Always very helpful

Forced to work born to Fish
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Congratulation Bill!!!

You may need to revise your bio to include, "inaugural winner of the Pond Boss/Willis Legacy Award"

Algal & InvertebrateTaxonomist, Aquatic Ecologist/Biologist. aka The Pond Doctor and Dr. Perca, Pond Boss author and Forum moderator, inaugural winner of the Pond Boss/Willis Legacy Award.

Sounds smooth, brother....

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves