Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,988
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dave Davidson1, JasonInOhio, KenHorton, Theo Gallus), 1,026 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
^^^Wish we had a "like" button! Glad they caught him bushwacker

Zep Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
THANKS...for the update Bushwacker. Looks like no matter
what happens it's going to cost the A-Hole some legal fees.

"Authorities said that when they tried to contact the man to
interview him, he retained a lawyer who advised against it
"

Fishing has never been about the fish....

L
L
You ought to have a nice 50-cal blunderbuss on-hand loaded with salt the next time someone is under your stand. Then again it may be a while before the weather washes out the poop-stain on the tree which may not lead to good hunting. Hammering out the dent from his head hitting the tree stand in surprise may take a bit of effort too.

The favorite thing of hunters around me is to put their stands right on my property edge. I don't mind all that much since I don't hunt and I want those pesky deer numbers cut down, but that smacks of rude.

Speaking of which, the blunderbuss tactic is one my old boss used to use on trespassers. His property backed up to a park, and his land was posted and fenced. People would jump the fence to have a look around. If he was out hunting he left a lasting impression on them. I know... he did it to me when I was stopping over to say hello in a case of mistaken identity. I've never been quite the same when I hear a flint drop.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Excellent! Thanks for the info, Bushwacker.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Zep
THANKS...for the update Bushwacker. Looks like no matter
what happens it's going to cost the A-Hole some legal fees.

"Authorities said that when they tried to contact the man to
interview him, he retained a lawyer who advised against it
"

Obviously, the lawyer saw the video wink

If he is charged with assault, could be assault with vehicle, which the vehicle is a weapon, and that's a pretty stiff felony.

I'll bet that guy wishes he had stayed at home that day.

I know 2 people who were charged with assault, and these were just 1 fist punch deals. Temper. The lawyers just basically got them out from doing any jail time. I'll never get paid back for loaning the money to one of these for the lawyer.

Heck, this dude could loose his job if he has one, or may never be able to get one again.

Last edited by JKB; 11/13/15 03:48 PM.
Zep Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
You ought to have a nice 50-cal blunderbuss on-hand loaded with salt the next time someone is under your stand.

what if the startled trespasser thinks someone is trying to kill
him and reacts by shooting back and it's not salt he's shooting
back with? shocked

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
My vote is to pee on them from above grin

When I was a kid climbing trees. A neighbor kid, same age, was way below me, and well, too much Kool-Aid has it's drawbacks wink

Anyway, the kid went home crying to his mom, which quickly got back to my mom, and I didn't know anything about Lawyers back then. So it was an I peed and he was in the wrong place debate. I lost.

I must confess before I die that I really didn't like that kid following me around wink

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: highflyer
Cecil,

I would have had the irresistible urge to relieve myself if I had been in that tree. smile

Why didn't I think of that? wink

Actually not sure peeing on a guy with a gun with an unknown mental health history would have been a good idea. grin

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Zep Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
I've seen a lot of funny no trespass signs, but this one takes the cake!

Perfect!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
L
L
Not saying shoot at the guy, just up in the air... but yeah, it was tongue in cheek.
My approach would be to call down and see if he wanted a beer or something, I usually shoot for the overly nice until the person is proven to be an a hole.

A few years ago a group of hunters decided to put up posted signs right through the middle of my land. I about blew a fuse, but I took a day off to cool down, took down the signs and piled them up with a note and property map of where the border really was. I then welcomed them to hunt our land as long as they respected the fact we are out and be careful of our pets.

The signs were gone the next day, and I got a nice apology from the neighbors explaining it was friends of theirs who made the mistake. Never has a problem since, but I have accidentally screwed up some hunting for them a few times by walking the dog.

I have to tread lightly though as I have not lived here my whole life, and have experienced the attitude of lifers that don't like change. Small town rules I have to be careful with. Asbergers doesn't help me much either with the making the friends bit.

Zep Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
that's what i figured liquid...it is frustrating. Hard to believe others would place signs on your land. That's bold!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Multiple people calling in to me means that he's offended a number of people.........

I hope they hang his sorry butt.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Zep
Hard to believe others would place signs on your land. That's bold!

We had an idiot neighbor that did that to us at the shop and another neighbor. After having it surveyed we put up fence posts "inside" of the surveyors stakes. Came in one Monday morning and they were moved about 12' toward our building and a whole row of posts were put up with hand painted signs saying "No Trespassing - This means you!". I took them down because they were in our fire lane behind the building and over the drain field. Next weekend, they went right back up. Partner called the Sheriff, showed him everything (we have measurements from the building to the property lines and all), Sheriff had a chat with the neighbor and that ended it. Yep - They are out there!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Was putting in a line of evergreens on one of my property lines and the neighbors came out all upset and said we were planting trees on their property. We showed them the markers and property line drawing and they weren't happy campers. And btw we said, "Part of your driveway is on our property, but we won't make an issue of it." LOL

Glad they moved on. Everything they owned sat in the yard and they burned things that shouldn't be burned. Neighbors now on all sides are good as gold except a fired cop that is a sour puss. He's not a problem though.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/15/15 02:12 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I want to clear the property line on the west side and that has 2 neighbors. Both of these neighbors are fairly decent now since their son's got out of fed prison for blowing up mailboxes. Oh, they blew up a whole bunch!!, and the one kids dad had to keep an eye on the slippery soap due to a felony DUI conviction.

I'm working on a proposal that will benefit us all, and have my lawyer tweak it in a tad, but won't send it out on his letterhead.

Sure, it will cost me a bit more to do what I want to do, but it would be the same anyplace, and I am here!

There's neighbors and then there's people that own the property next to you. We have great neighbors on two sides of us and then there are the people that own the field that borders the other two sides. From day one, the "farmers" have made it clear they want no part of a neighborly relationship. They posted nice new NO Trespassing signs on the trees near the property line. One of the first things we did was have the property lines surveyed and YEP, you guessed it. They posted those new signs on our trees! I took them down, dug the nails out of the trees and laid the bunch in a nice neat pile on their side of the line. They didn't repost cause all the trees on the property border are ours!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Lunker
Lunker
Six of our neighbors cows were trespassing on our place this morning, the dog had fun chasing them off. This is the fourth time they have been loose in the last two weeks.

frown

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Shorty
Six of our neighbors cows were trespassing on our place this morning, the dog had fun chasing them off. This is the fourth time they have bee loose in the last two weeks.

frown

Can you say... Barbecue?

I would not do that either.

T
T
Trespassing cattle sucks in so many ways. Never a good thing. My first experience was when 6 cows came onto the property and they destroyed the deer feeders and would find the wildlife food plots and graze like they found a treasure. Finding out who they belong to took a few days because none of my bordering neighbors had cattle. First time it was a neighbor down the rd and he was elderly and was in the hosp being treated for cancer. His grandson helped me round them up using the side by side like a horse to push them back to his place. the neighbor offered to repair or replace the feeders but I said no thanks and I repaired and set new feeders out. The next time was from another neighbor down the road. An elderly woman and her son who was in his 60's in guessing. They told me high water had knocked the fence down and blamed me for the trespassing cattle because I was growing rye, oats and wheat at my place. I offered to bring in a boat and help to repair the fence but they said no thanks. So over the next two yrs their cattle would wind up at my place 3 or 4 times a yr. And the woman had an attitude every time I went to them and told them of their cows on my place and I always offered to help get them back. That attitude got old and so the last time I told her I was going to call the Sherriff and he would come get the cows. That was 3 yr's ago, she fixed the fence after that. I think she liked to fatten up her cows on my fields.

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 11/16/15 07:42 AM. Reason: sp

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Animals get out occasionally, no matter who built the fence. It's part of having livestock, and many times there is no one at fault. But when it starts happening with greater frequency, then there's a problem somewhere that needs to be addressed.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Was driving down a back road and suddenly noticed a group of small domestic pigs that got lose that were making a beeline for a nice big beautiful Amish garden. I thought, "Oh boy there's going to be hell to pay for whoever the pigs belong to!"

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/16/15 12:06 PM.

Lunker
Lunker
Trespassing cows have been an issue every fall/winter for the last five years running. One of these days I'm going to call the sheriff, at the moment we are just documenting the damage they do. A barbecue is out of the question, but there are laws on the books regarding estrays and how to deal with them.

frown

Nebraska Revised Statute 54-401

Nebraska Revised Statute 54-403

Nebraska Revised Statute 54-404

In Nebraska Revised Statute 54-404, who gets to carry out the execution of the stock? Bwahahaha.
It is my understanding in states with "open range law" as I believe we have here in Colorado and in Wyoming, it is up to us to fence our land to keep another's livestock off. I believe this applies to property in rural, non-incorporated areas.
The Nebraska laws seem a fair way to go, creating responsibility on the part of the livestock owner.
A man in our neighborhood shot and killed a trespassing bull that had crossed hi fence to get to his in heat heifers. He is now going through the lovely mess in court, to the tune of several thousand dollars. I know nothing of the backstory of the trespassing bull.

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
4C, as I understand Open Range Law, a proper fence, if in place, has to be respected. No fence, the cattle can wander. But, in Texas, the law has been interpreted, reinterpreted and misinterpreted several times.

I have found that removing my front gate and telling the neighbor about it solves the problem. That's when they start fixing fences.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:24 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!