Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
TanyaClick, Brian from Texas, Purplepiggies7, BamaBass9, Sryously
18,508 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,971
Posts558,064
Members18,508
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,553
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
15 members (Angler8689, Jason D, Snipe, JoshMI, Boondoggle, esshup, Brian from Texas, Sunil, azteca, Jambi, Theo Gallus, tim k, Ibanez540r, FishinRod, Don Kennedy), 842 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#366680 02/18/14 10:21 PM
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Has anyone noticed a significant decline in forum participation the last couple months? Seems like whenever I log on there are only a handful of registered users online. I don't recall this seasonal absence in the past...is it just me or do others notice this?

I hope things pick up once Spring comes around...it's kinda creepy when I log around 11 and there are no registered users...just me and a bunch of spiders. Travis used to be on all night!

Weird.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

L
L
Newer forum software times people out I think. So you are seing less for different reasons.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'll bet it's the time of year. Not a lot going on in ponds this time of year.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
We were just avoiding you, TJ.

Sorry you had to go and make it all awkward now!!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Pieces are falling into place now...that makes sense.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

TJ, it's been dead as a door nail lately. Half the country snowed in, half the country in a drought, and the third half waiting for the Spring algae to pop up.

We went from 20 to 75 in a little over a week. I spent my morning watching my CNBG chow down for the first time in 3 months. I think things will pick up soon, at least I hope they do.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 02/18/14 11:03 PM.

AL

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
That's awesome on the CSBG! I think we'll have ice out by the weekend - hit 60 Monday, 70 today. Had 8" Saturday, but believe the end is nigh. Can't wait to get feeding again...been a long Winter up here.

TJ, I have to admit I'm enjoying the newest trick my LMB have learned. Last Fall they started hovering around the feeders about thirty minutes before they threw, and I was throwing 4 times a day. These LMB were uncatchable. I threw everything from pellet flies to 6" swimbaits. Nothing.

So, the second the feeders throw, the CNBG go into a feeding frenzy and the LMB literally blow them out of the water feeding on them. I guess the CNBG are distracted and it may be the coolest thing I've ever seen. So, I guess my LMB are in fact feed trained. They did the same thing this morning after 3 months of being in the deeper water, and nowhere to be found.

AL

F
F
Winter is not over for me TJ. We will be driving out on 30" of ice a week from today. Offer is still open if you can shake away a few days. Brent

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Pretty cool Al - I want to see that. You'll have to nose hook a live BG to get in on the action?

Brent - thanks for the invite, I'll do my best. I just drained my auger and packed all my gear Sunday...but, it's still accessible!

W
W
Im a night owl as well due to work hours and have noticed a lot less on at night. Usually tj, hang loose, sometimes esshup. I think the new software does have something to do with it as it does not show me as logged in sometimes when I in fact am. Also the hard winter we are having probably has something to do with it

. I think if I had to choose between staying warm with a lady friend this winter and pond boss lurking the lady friend wins.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have learned to stop taking it so seriously"

WRF, I think you're correct about the new software. I've been getting logged off, but I still show up on the "who's online" cell. I know they'll figure it out, but it's got to be in the cookie or session handling somewhere.

AL

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Sherrie said the logging off problem that people were/are having is a cookie problem, and UBB was working on it.

Al, you are pellet feeding the LMB - just a little bit more indirectly.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Texas Hunting and Fishing Forums have the same issue.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
RER Offline
R
I have been posting vidoes of me realeasing shiners and mullet just to try to entertain you....

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
Originally Posted By: esshup
Al, you are pellet feeding the LMB - just a little bit more indirectly.

I wasn't happy about it the first time I saw it, but then I remembered the only reason I'm feeding the CNBG is for forage anyway.

Most of the CNBG getting eaten are smaller (4-5"), so I'm fine with that. I've only seen one XXL CNBG popped, and it looked like a tarpon surfaced when he got got.

AL

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
It's been slow and the "whose online" has always worked the way it is.

No issues with ever being randomly logged off.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Apparently GLOA (getting logged off automatically) only occurs within a certain set of software/browser/system security combinations.

Myriad variables make for the most difficult of trouble shooting scenarios on the planet. The difficultly is compounded if you include the moon and adjacent planets.

Upon further review, "Who's Online" was set to 30 minutes. Meaning, if you haven't typed or moused something for 30 minutes you won't show up as being on line. I believe that used to be set at 90 minutes. I set it back to 90 so TJ won't be so lonely (in his own mind).

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Lunker
Lunker
I used to be able to log in, click the "remember me" button and was remembered every time I went to the Pond Boss. That no longer works that way, and has not for about 3-4 weeks. So yes, I have to go through the log in process every time. I wonder what changed all of a sudden to make this function quit functioning?

Good morning Dave, I've checked the ships systems, and everything appears to be running normally.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It remembers me if I don't shut off the computer.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Originally Posted By: Dwight
...Myriad variables make for the most difficult of trouble shooting scenarios on the planet. The difficultly is compounded if you include the moon and adjacent planets...

Dwight, truer words have never been spoken. Even problems that are consistently inconsistent are easier to solve. In my previous life, having about 300 PC's that had the same OS, the same updates, and the same browsers made things much easier to troubleshoot.

AL

S
S
Originally Posted By: the stick
I used to be able to log in, click the "remember me" button and was remembered every time I went to the Pond Boss. That no longer works that way, and has not for about 3-4 weeks. So yes, I have to go through the log in process every time. I wonder what changed all of a sudden to make this function quit functioning?

I'm not a computer expert but one difference could be how you have your computer set to handle cookies. If a spyware or anti-virus program has recently been installed, windows cookies settings changed, or a clean up program automatically gets rid of cookies, those are some of the reasons your log in might not be remembered or only remembered while the computer is on. Your browser could also have specific settings limiting cookies. I can not remember where I saw it, but there is at least one place where a person can put exceptions so that a certain web site cookies are allowed while others might be rejected or deleted after a session.

I am talking at least a grade above my pay scale on computers, but that is one area that can make a difference. I'm using FireFox and I get remembered each time the computer fires up. The exception is if I run Spybot and tell it to get rid of cookies. Then I have to re-login and I am good till I run the Spybot program again.

Cookies handling may be the key to why it works for some and not for others.

Last edited by snrub; 02/22/14 08:51 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Speaking of Cookies, I just downloaded the song "Don't Say Nothing Bad About My Baby" to my ipod.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Speaking of Cookies

I like homemade chocolate chip.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: esshup
It remembers me if I don't shut off the computer.

I don't want it to remember me so I have things set to blow stuff away when I close the browser.

One of our suppliers, even tho I blow stuff away and do cleanups, their site always remembers me.

Only works on my desktop puter which has a static IP on our network. No clue as to how they do it tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
bjennings79, chris vice, GRACOMAN
Recent Posts
Frustrated
by Snipe - 04/30/24 10:53 AM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 04/30/24 10:44 AM
New pond stocking
by esshup - 04/30/24 10:41 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 04/30/24 09:17 AM
Do fish help with clarity?
by Joe7328 - 04/30/24 07:56 AM
When Trespassers Ignore the Signs (funny)
by FishinRod - 04/29/24 09:18 PM
Considering expansion of DIY solar aeration
by esshup - 04/29/24 08:34 PM
Iris vs Pickerel
by Boondoggle - 04/29/24 06:28 PM
Oxygenator equipment advice
by esshup - 04/29/24 05:40 PM
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/29/24 05:35 PM
Where it all started 1 year ago today
by Boondoggle - 04/29/24 12:07 PM
Alum kicks clay's butt....again!!!