Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Woody Jones, Joe7328, Reno Guerra, Meandvls, Eugene
18,473 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,934
Posts557,698
Members18,474
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,493
ewest 21,489
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,134
Who's Online Now
4 members (catscratch, Shorthose, FireIsHot, canyoncreek), 513 guests, and 211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
2 4 wheelers stolen. I'm pissed.

sorry to hear dave. did you get anything on game cameras? the putrid feelings of violation are tough to deal with, i've been through it too.

GSF are people too!

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Insurance or not, it's just a sickening feeling to be/feel violated like that.

With todays technology you would think a GPS tracking chip/device of some sort would be (reasonably) available. Of course hidden and/or undetectable.

FWIW, If even just as a deterrent, my brother works for a printing company and it sparked an idea of having him print some stickers with the following type of notice:

ATTENTION: GPS TRACKING DEVICE ATTACHED
or
THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH A GPS TRACKING DEVICE - YOU BETTER HOPE LAW ENFORCEMENT TRACKS YOU DOWN BEFORE I DO!

Well, something along those lines.

If it prevents just ONE theft, it would be worth the low cost of a sticker.

Keith

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 06/03/13 02:26 PM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
esshup #337600 06/03/13 03:51 PM
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: esshup
We see more problems around here during the summer when kids are out between school years.

Yep! Summer is when all the BS happens around my place too!

Been scarfing up a bunch of .300 Win Mag's for target shooting. Can't find .223's any place locally, and if you could, they would be more expensive.

.44 mag's, 60 rounds for 140+ bucks. Not the plinking stuff tho, cause ya can't find it!

Ammo is scarce around here, but you can usually find the magnum stuff for rifles.

O
O
About a year and a half ago I was having problems with a neighbor kid breaking into my back shop stealing beer...I have reported it several times and the cops did nothing...

Finally a train horn came in at work that had a 12 volt switch on it...Plumbed it up on the fridge..Not 10 minutes after my wife took this video he was in there...Ended up getting pictures on the trail cam a our local coroner saw him running from my garage...

They had like 7 judgement against him at the county court house..He ended up get 3 years...Kinda glad I didn't see where he went after I saw him run out the door...I was a little more than MAD!!!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Best rig I've seen in a long time! Love that idea!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
catmandoo #337608 06/03/13 04:39 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Todd

To the best of my knowledge, you can disconnect the fuel pump without a problem. On older diesels, not getting fuels to the injectors would require you to bleed the injectors. The newer ones have protection for this. Thus, you could add a hidden weather resistant switch in the fuel pump electrical line. It will probably start and run for a short period of time, until the fuel in the line is consumed. You could also add a hidden switch in the transmission interlock switch line. But, depending how they hot wire to start the tractor, it could potentially still be started.

I'd need to see a wiring diagram of your 4-wheeler. What brand and model is it? I may be able to download a wiring diagram.

Not the 4 wheeler so much, Ken. Frankly, I'd be happy if it got stolen so I could buy a better one! I'm thinking about my tractor. Even though I keep all my vehicles in a locked building, I know a determined thief would make it in if he wanted. The tractor is most important thing to me to have disabled because if it's disabled, the other stuff isn't coming out of the building due to the space the tractor occupies.

Todd La Neve

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Todd -- have you thought about asking one of your clients how best to steal equipment like this? From that, we probably could come up with a number of ways to circumvent their escapades.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: outdoorlivin247
About a year and a half ago I was having problems with a neighbor kid breaking into my back shop stealing beer...I have reported it several times and the cops did nothing...

Finally a train horn came in at work that had a 12 volt switch on it...Plumbed it up on the fridge..Not 10 minutes after my wife took this video he was in there...Ended up getting pictures on the trail cam a our local coroner saw him running from my garage...

They had like 7 judgement against him at the county court house..He ended up get 3 years...Kinda glad I didn't see where he went after I saw him run out the door...I was a little more than MAD!!!

Awesome. He got sentenced to 3 years but how many did he actually serve? You know how that is.

On a funny note when I was a kid there was a guy who was really got at imitating sounds and even had a record. Can't remember his name.One of his favorite things was to imitate an approaching train complete with the whistle from a speaker mounted on his car -- out in the country where there were not tracks or trains. Said it was amazing how many lights went on in the surrounding houses with people trying to figure where the train was.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 06/03/13 06:05 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

The horn and cameras are probably a good idea.

About a year ago, near where I grew up, a fellow and his wife had been having their resort tavern burglarized regularly. They started staying in an apartment above the tavern, and put in some silent alarms. As the alarm went off one night, the owner went partway down the stairwell to see two individuals taking out cases of liquor. It was dark, and he ending up shooting and killing his nephew, and seriously wounding a neighbor boy. It was a very tragic case that tore the family and community apart.

There are no good answers.

catmandoo #337625 06/03/13 06:14 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Todd -- have you thought about asking one of your clients how best to steal equipment like this? From that, we probably could come up with a number of ways to circumvent their escapades.

It's a brilliant idea, Ken, but I don't represent guilty people so I'm sure none of them could help. grin

Todd La Neve

Todd3138 #337636 06/03/13 07:19 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
When I was growing up, Dad had an electric cut-out installed on his cars. It would allow the car to be started, and run for about 30 seconds, then it killed the ignition. Slow blow fuse or something like that. I don't know how it'd work with todays computerized vehicles tho.

That train horn was a great idea!!!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
One of my neighbors has a game camera that transmits images to his PC 70 miles away. I'm going to look into that.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
They are nice.. And pricey, prolly cheaper than 2 ATV's though..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
I so badly want a train horn now.

Good on you...how does one find one of those?

To Hell with Georgia...
O
O
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

Awesome. He got sentenced to 3 years but how many did he actually serve? You know how that is.

I heard the other day he is going to be getting out soon.. So if It is true it put him in for about a year and a half...

O
O
Originally Posted By: Yellow Jacket
I so badly want a train horn now.

Good on you...how does one find one of those?

You can pick up cheap ones at truck chrome shops for just over $100 bucks... Real ones will run you quite abit more, like in the $500+ range used..

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

I heard the other day he is going to be getting out soon.. So if It is true it put him in for about a year and a half...

For what it's worth, prison sentences (not to be confused with jail sentences) typically afford day for day credit while incarcerated. That means you can cut the length of the sentence in half to get the actual time that would be served provided the person didn't lose any good time due to violations while inside.

As well, if the sentence is indeterminate, meaning a term of 1 to 3 years (or whatever), they must serve at least 1 before being eligible for parole, but could serve as much as the full 3 if they lost good time credit.

In the case you're talking about, serving 1.5 years pretty much means he did his entire sentence and there will not likely be any parole period upon his release.

Todd La Neve

I need a train horn for my motorcycle Boy just think of all the new words I would learn from the neighbors wink laugh

Last edited by small pond; 06/03/13 10:15 PM.

Sarcasm...yet another free service I offer.
esshup #337676 06/03/13 11:06 PM
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: esshup
When I was growing up, Dad had an electric cut-out installed on his cars. It would allow the car to be started, and run for about 30 seconds, then it killed the ignition. Slow blow fuse or something like that. I don't know how it'd work with todays computerized vehicles tho.

That train horn was a great idea!!!

I wired my ignition coil through the dash light dimmer switch...turn down the rheostat..no primary power.

Rainman #337858 06/05/13 09:48 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
And now we know your secret! grin

Todd La Neve

Todd3138 #337860 06/05/13 10:02 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I wonder how that works when he dims the dash lights at night? Mine in the car are about turned down all the way.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
When I replace the bikes, and I will replace them, I'm not going to mess with electrical devices. I'm going to chain them together. And, they will have to steal my cutting torch to steal them.

Well, maybe I had better think of something else.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 06/05/13 04:20 PM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Just take your cutting torch home and store it there instead of at your farm! You'll have 'em licked that way!

Todd La Neve

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I'm going to chain them together. And, they will have to steal my cutting torch to steal them.

Well, maybe I had better think of something else.

Yeah. Probably won't work. Years ago I bought a set of 36-inch "bolt" cutters. It is amazing how many times I've put them to good use in the last 30 years.

I got them from one of the liquidation places, so they were pretty inexpensive. I've cut half-inch chain with them. I regularly use them to cut half-inch rebar and large bolts -- but those things are are a lot softer than chain.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Ralph D Hart
Recent Posts
Compaction Question
by teehjaeh57 - 04/15/24 11:54 PM
Golden Shiners - What size to stock?
by Boondoggle - 04/15/24 10:04 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward
by esshup - 04/15/24 09:52 PM
instant email notifications of post replies ?
by esshup - 04/15/24 09:48 PM
What type of fry?
by Sunil - 04/15/24 08:58 PM
Group Text of Customers, Pay to Fish
by Fishingadventure - 04/15/24 04:24 PM
Pumpkinseed
by FishinRod - 04/15/24 03:08 PM
Bream Freshly Hatched??
by Snipe - 04/15/24 01:41 PM
What type of babies are these?
by ewest - 04/15/24 01:31 PM
What did you do at your pond today?