First is a link to a general idea of the topography and type of pond I am planning on digging.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=336045#Post336045

I think the water will fluctuate as much as 3 feet but even that might be on the high side.

I am thinking a pond around 75 feet wide and 100 feet long.
Leaving the slope of the banks 4-1 5-1 or 6-1 to a depth of 5 or 6 feet, then straight down to the max depth of 12 feet. I am going to shoot for 14 feet deep but we will see how much more soil that will require to be moved.

If I can do it I am thinking about a 4-1 slope on three sides w/ the side closest to the house that will be used the most being a 6-1 slope to about 5 or 6 feet of depth, this can be the bluegill spawnging grounds. I would like to put some rubber down here to prevent vegetation growth and bring in a triaxle of sand to make it "beechy" on the side of this will be where I will have the dock. Will probably not be a floating dock but hopefully will extend all the way to the "drop off" where I will put a few fish attractors around so I can panfish off the dock.

What else would be recommended here. What sort of vegetation should I introduce on the banks, what else should I use for fish attractors and where should I put them.

What species would you stock?
Right now I am thinking about essups recommendation for fatheads, then HBG, then 15-20 HSB. Maybe a largemouth or two if I can catch and release a couple of larger bass.

I would also like to stock red ear sunfish since I plan on swimming in this pond.

I also want to put a "swing set" in the pond. couple of telephone poles w/ a cross member at the top so the kids can swing over the water and use it to propel themselves into the deep part of the pond.