Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,989
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
7 members (teehjaeh57, Sunil, hartfish, FishinRod, jmartin, Theo Gallus, Bigtrh24), 1,143 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
OP Offline
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Alrighty!
The new website is up and running! After the better part of a year of planning, molding, writing content, working, it's here.

Next, I want to know what you think about it. Don't worry so much about mistakes...we've got several people proofreading and there are several typos and things like that.

I want to know about how it is to navigate, is it user-friendly, do we have enough of the right content, etc?

Our mission is to be the "go to" site for people who want to be better stewards of their land and water.

Is this a good way to get to that mission?

We've left the forum alone, but I do intend to consolidate some of the categories and make a few changes, but it will take time...something I seem to be a little short of.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Looks OUTSTANDING Bob!!!

Clean and MUCH easier to navigate.....Gonna call me and hook me up with the site designer?

Edit... Only addition I would make, and i know it's a touchy subject, but...adding, in the news drop down, a political concerns section such as the clean water act that could have nationalized our private waters....We know it has no place on the forum, but those of us that can't stand the news would want to be aware of these often hidden concerns we may face...regardless of our personal opinions on either side of any issue.

Last edited by Rainman; 02/25/11 07:28 AM.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Looks alot more professional.. I'll have to navigate through it all tonight on a regular computer.. Has there ever been any talk of maybe a mobile version.. Like some sites I go to you can choose between desktop or mobile version..

Also is there any forum changes coming soon..? I'm just asking what everyone is wondering confused

Last edited by Bluegillerkiller; 02/25/11 02:24 PM.

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Looks good, really eye catching.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bob looks really good and clean! To me a big improvement and key to a good site - it is easy to navigate. One suggestion to help sales on past issues how about a desription of what copntent foudn in each issue. I think Mr.Bill Cody has done the hard work for you there. Congrats on pulling it off.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
B
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
B
I got a chance to look it over early so I went through most if not all of the site. I found it to be a professional looking website that was very inviting, making you want to explore it further. I also felt is really easy to navigate and use. I made a couple of minor suggestions to Bob, but over all I think it a fantastic site. Even with my crappy DSL connection the pages loaded fairly quickly.

Excellent work!!!!!!

N
N
The links section I think needs more attention. You have companies from all over the country on there which is nice but some only work in a small area. I would like to have it a little more organized so that if I am looking for someone in Florida I can click the title and be brought to those people that would be available to me.

Also and it might only be the in Google Chrome but the text on the pages is a little hard to read because it shows up as very thin. That is an issue it should only take a minute or two to resolve for the designer though so it is minor.

For the most part I find it much improved over how it did look. I like the look and feel of the rest of the pages and is very smooth and clean in design.

Nick

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I didn't spend a lot of time looking at content, but I did look at the home page and number of pages below it. Navigation and presentation seem very good. I really like it. It should make it much easier for people to find the forum if they land on any of the new pages.

The big thing is that the new stuff looks really fresh and uncluttered. When I went from the new stuff to the forum, it was kind of like going from a basket full of fresh picked and colorful vegetables -- to a dinner plate of poached perch fillets, mashed potatoes with white gravy, and cauliflower.

Bob -- believe me, I know about the lack of time in the day to get everything done. The content of the forum is still so vital and important, updates to the look and feel can come when time is available.

Thanks for all you do,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
G
Fingerling
Fingerling
G
Hey Greg...
Good news! If you click on a back issue in the list under Pond Boss Magazine tab - it has the full contents. I see that in the store list - it does not. I will get with the web guys to link the two records.

Thanks for the input. It's been a fun project!

Gayle

Last edited by gayle00; 02/25/11 05:06 PM. Reason: accuracy

Gayle Allston
Editorial Assistant
Pond Boss Magazine
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
The new site looks great!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I like it. Couple on minor things that I found, Bob has the list. Good work!!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Looks good.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
B
Love the new site. Looks like a warm and professional site to visit.

"I think I have a nibble" Homer Simpson

34ac natural lake

M
M
What a great surprise when I visited PondBoss again! At first, I wasn't sure I'd typed in the correct web site. Looks great.

O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Looks great. You guys did a great job. I MAY BE THE ONLY PERSON THAT REALLY KNOWS HOW MUCH TIME AND EFFORT YOU GUYS PUT INTO THIS PROJECT.

THANKS
OTTO

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Maybe it's my computer (or more likely dense me) but the forum page at least looks the same to me... ???

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/27/11 11:19 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
Alrighty!
The new website is up and running! After the better part of a year of planning, molding, writing content, working, it's here.

Next, I want to know what you think about it. Don't worry so much about mistakes...we've got several people proofreading and there are several typos and things like that.

I want to know about how it is to navigate, is it user-friendly, do we have enough of the right content, etc?

Our mission is to be the "go to" site for people who want to be better stewards of their land and water.

Is this a good way to get to that mission?

We've left the forum alone, but I do intend to consolidate some of the categories and make a few changes, but it will take time...something I seem to be a little short of.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves