Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
TanyaClick, Brian from Texas, Purplepiggies7, BamaBass9, Sryously
18,508 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,976
Posts558,108
Members18,509
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,556
ewest 21,502
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
7 members (FishinRod, Theo Gallus, John Fitzgerald, DPSMESA, Pat Williamson, papereater, Ibanez540r), 1,151 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#153668 03/15/09 06:36 PM
L
Ladia Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
L
Has anybody done it? We heard about it in TV few years back.

http://www.mercomarine.com/gallery/floating%20house.html

Here is a floating house.

Last edited by Ladia; 03/15/09 06:39 PM.

We live in a barn (aircraft hanger) converted to a house.
0.7 ac leaky pond.
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Ladia, do you remember what show you saw it on? Might can do a search. I would love one of these for a guest house. I might never get rid of guest, tho.

L
Ladia Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
L
My wife saw it in TV several years back and we are dreaming about that since. The show was about unusual houses.

Last edited by Ladia; 03/15/09 07:17 PM.

0.7 ac leaky pond.
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Very cool. Can't build something like that in my neck of the woods - you can't build a house withing 100 feet of a pond.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Was it on HGTV's Extreme Homes? I found this at another place, but probably not it

http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/living-on-the-lake/index.html

S
Lunker
Lunker
S

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Guess we better check before we do this. Haven't thought of that-thanks!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
How does a septic system work in a house like that?

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
I wondered that too-guess the pond will be full of crappy fish-lol

Ladia said they probably even had radiant heat floor.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
HOLY MOLEY!! How did we ever miss that??? Thanks--going back to look again!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
That house and pond in that old thread is amazing! It's like an overgrown backyard goldfish pond. Awesome!

L
Ladia Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
L
Hi...this is Ladia's wife, Julie. This is amazing that our idea has sparked so much interest. Ladia asked me to recall what the original show was that I saw. I can only remember that their room was simple. Just a bed on a floating raft and it was covered with a lot of mosquito netting ( essential in Iowa). They would just untie it from the dock and let it float all night as they slept. It just looked and sounded so romantic and peaceful that I mentioned it to Ladia. We finally got our 80 acres and built our pond so we still intend to do it. Unfortunately, our pond is still leaking(a lot) and we cannot find the source as yet. We have spent about 20,000 on it so far...its undoubtedly the most expensive puddle in the state! But we have to fix it as it is where our geothermal loops are located. So hope that helps you visualize the room and if anyone does build it before we do, send us some pics even though we will be envious \:\)

0.7 ac leaky pond.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
do it right or don't do it at all...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
Day Dream created by Emerald Bay Custom Houseboats

Our feature houseboat Day Dream is an aluminum super-structure houseboat with four stories and 5,200 square feet of luxury. Day Dream is 95 feet long by 22 feet wide with great maneuverability. The hydraulic steering, dual I/O High-Output V8's and custom front and rear side thrusters make this houseboat driver friendly. With all its off shore amenities it would be a shame to leave the Day Dream at the dock.

Day Dream was designed to bring the comfort of home to the lake. The massive twenty-four 120-watt panel solar system with two 3500-watt Outback inverters, 12 four-volt batteries, and a Westerbeke 12.5kW generator is capable of all your power needs. This elaborate power supply is more than enough for Day Dream to have a full line of sub-zero appliances with all the kitchen frills, two sixty-inch plasma TV's, jet ski lifts, and all of the interior/exterior lighting and accessories.

The interior of Day Dream is finished in exotic hardwoods, granite countertops, marble floors, custom fireplaces, and copper tile work throughout. There is a hardwood spiral staircase to the second level that includes an outside hot tub, a bedroom that sleeps six, a second entertainment room, and a restroom. The third story features an exterior kitchen with a barbeque, refrigerator, sinks, and a flat screen TV. Up top is the place to sun bathe or enter the custom water slide extending through all 4 stories.

The Day Dream has been featured in multiple magazines and continues to build a reputation for one of the most spectacular houseboats in the country.

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
How much does that cost? I bet with this economy you might be able to get a good deal...

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Dang "dual I/O High-Output V8's (probably marine 502s) and a Westerbeke 12.5kW generator"? I'd hate to pay the gasoline bill just to pilot that beast away from the dock. Looks like a lot of fun though.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Is grey the only color?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Brettski,

I like the escape chute on that boat. Never know when the missus will get mad at you.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

L
Ladia Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
L
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
do it right or don't do it at all...
Emerald Bay Custom Houseboats

Our feature houseboat Day Dream is an aluminum super-structure houseboat with four stories and 5,200 square feet of luxury. Day Dream is 95 feet long by 22 feet wide with great maneuverability. The hydraulic steering, dual I/O High-Output V8's and custom front and rear side thrusters make this houseboat driver friendly. With all its off shore amenities it would be a shame to leave the Day Dream at the dock.

Day Dream was designed to bring the comfort of home to the lake. The massive twenty-four 120-watt panel solar system with two 3500-watt Outback inverters, 12 four-volt batteries, and a Westerbeke 12.5kW generator is capable of all your power needs. This elaborate power supply is more than enough for Day Dream to have a full line of sub-zero appliances with all the kitchen frills, two sixty-inch plasma TV's, jet ski lifts, and all of the interior/exterior lighting and accessories.

The interior of Day Dream is finished in exotic hardwoods, granite countertops, marble floors, custom fireplaces, and copper tile work throughout. There is a hardwood spiral staircase to the second level that includes an outside hot tub, a bedroom that sleeps six, a second entertainment room, and a restroom. The third story features an exterior kitchen with a barbeque, refrigerator, sinks, and a flat screen TV. Up top is the place to sun bathe or enter the custom water slide extending through all 4 stories.

The Day Dream has been featured in multiple magazines and continues to build a reputation for one of the most spectacular houseboats in the country.

It is impressive but it could get boring prety quickly. Don't ask me how I know.

0.7 ac leaky pond.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
mark12, Wood
Recent Posts
New Pond owner -- fish growth rate question
by FishinRod - 05/01/24 07:15 PM
Oklahoma Clay bottom Pond leaking or wicking?
by John Fitzgerald - 05/01/24 06:46 PM
Is my feeder toast?
by Pat Williamson - 05/01/24 06:13 PM
Happy Birthday Tbar!
by Pat Williamson - 05/01/24 06:09 PM
Oxygenator equipment advice
by papereater - 05/01/24 05:52 PM
How much feed?
by ewest - 05/01/24 01:36 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 05/01/24 11:29 AM
New pond stocking