Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
cgoetz1, BarkyDoos, beauphus, Lina, blueyss
18,518 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,995
Posts558,321
Members18,519
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,579
ewest 21,510
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,155
Who's Online Now
10 members (cgmbny, JoshMI, phinfan, esshup, Augie, Knobber, Bigtrh24, Shorthose, canyoncreek, Rick O), 928 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
My Dad, age 79, had his right knee replaced today. Surgery went well and, if he does everything they tell him to, the left knee will be replaced in about 6 weeks.

Knowing I had a long day (it got started at 3:30AM) ahead of me carrying such vitals as cell phone, notepad, and Diet Mountain Dew, I wore my proud powder blue PBCon08 Moderator's shirt (which I, as well as Sunil, Cody, and DD, can be seen wearing in the photo below). In addition to being extremely comfortable and oh, so fashionable, it has great cargo pockets.

The following conversation took place just before I left to go home for the evening.

THEO'S DAD: "Where did you get a that shirt?"

THEO: "Texas"

THEO'S DAD: "You get that at the Convention last year?"

THEO: "Yes. This was the uniform for the Moderator's."

THEO'S DAD: "And nobody minded that color?"

THEO (after a long pause): "It looks better with a pink cowboy hat."

THEO'S DAD: (after a longer pause): "I bet."

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Theo's just bragging. Because with this shirt, jeans, and this winter's growth of beard; every time I see him, I think he's a shoe in for the Bob Lusk Look-a-Like contest.

PS: If I send a dozen pink cowboy hats to Big Cedar, what's the chance for them to be mandatory head gear for the MODS? Where can I purchase POND BOSS patches to mount on the crowns?

One person's pond is another person's borrow pit.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I think Fish Wife has an excellent idea, and I second the motion to have pink cowboy hats become part of the mandatory attire for all Pond Boss Conference moderators.

Theo, glad to hear your dad's prognosis is good. If he's anything like my dad, he's stubborn when it comes to following doctors' orders. Keep him reeled in and tell him we're praying for him.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Tell your Dad to get well soon. My Mom had hers' replaced also. If he doesn't follow Docs orders he will regret it (pain does that).

No pink cowboy hats. How about camo fish hats ?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
"PS: If I send a dozen pink cowboy hats to Big Cedar, what's the chance for them to be mandatory head gear for the MODS?"

This is simply a fine idea. But it begs the question...if it's going to be such a great thing, why keep it all boxed up with the moderators?

What say every Pond Boss forum member with over, say, 500 posts also wears a pink hat?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: Sunil

What say every Pond Boss forum member with over, say, 500 posts also wears a pink hat?

Brutal man, just brutal.

I like your ostentatious attempt to bring others down with you, but it ain't happening. Besides, it would be too expensive for Pond Boss to buy that many hats. We should stick with just the moderators wearing them.

And do we really want JHAP running arond in a pink cowboy hat during a vacation we've advertised as family-oriented? Talk about making little kids run away...

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I specifically looked at your post count before I dictated the 500 post cut-off. Just wanted to include you Mabro.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Just by random chance, Theo, I wore a Pond Boss shirt to work today. The heavy, long-sleeved, dark blue one, with the light blue Pond Boss logo. Of course, it was all the way up to 40F today, so I could have worn my stylish short sleeve short! \:\)

Tell your dad we said to get well soon!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
What a great thread!

Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
My Dad, age 79, had his right knee replaced today. Surgery went well and, if he does everything they tell him to, the left knee will be replaced in about 6 weeks.

Theo -- I sure hope your dad takes everybody's advice. My mother had both knees, and both hips replaced -- each twice over about 20 years! That was in the 1970s and 1980s when the glue and plastic wasn't as good as it is today. It kept her going a long long time. Please give him our regards from West Virginia, where everyone walks with a limp because nothing is level.

Originally Posted By: Fish Wife
If I send a dozen pink cowboy hats to Big Cedar, what's the chance for them to be mandatory head gear for the MODS? Where can I purchase POND BOSS patches to mount on the crowns?

Fish Wife -- what do you mean "if I send?" You better deliver them in person! You could replace Theo in the booth, and you'd look great in a pink hat.

P.S. I can counterfeit the artwork for the patches as long as I don't get caught.

Originally Posted By: Sunil

Sunil -- man, I'm glad I've only got 101 posts. Now is the time to slow down and just read what everyone else has to post.

We can't wait for the reservations to open up. We've already got guests committed to joining us.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Pointy pink hats for the mods,fishwife your ginius.(P.S. If I can con my wife into coming this year,stay away from her,together you 2 would ruin me.) \:o

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
catmandoo, what do you mean "only got 101 posts?"

Tom G, "(...together you 2 would ruin me.)" That ship has already sailed, my friend.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Theo, I hope your dad has a speedy and complete recovery. JWHAP had her knee replaced a couple of years ago, the recovery takes a little time but it is well worth it.

This conference is supposed to be family friendly??? Jeez, now I'm gonna have to rethink my entire wardrobe.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
If the pink hats arrive they will be designated as Mod give aways \:o and we will call the lucky recipients from the crowd and place them on your noggin. Then you can run about emulating Bruce \:D . I can see DD1 sporting a pink hat - not going to happen ;\) .

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
WHAT WARDROBE,I didnt know this was going to turn into a fasion statment \:o You'll never guess what Im going to wear. \:D ;\)

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Theo, tell your Dad that therapy is painful but essential.
My Lady had knee replacement surgery about three years ago and it has been very sucessful

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Men wearing any pink garment whilst cavorting in the woods and on the water anywhere near the Missouri/Arkansas line is an invitation to a life-altering event.

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Men wearing any pink garment whilst cavorting in the woods and on the water anywhere near the Missouri/Arkansas line is an invitation to a life-altering event.

Trust me, it sounds like Brettski is speaking from personal experience on this one. \:D

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
I am envisioning a Pink Cowboy Hat Silent Auction item. High bid gets to designate who has to wear the hat for the rest of the conference (at daytime meetings only - no way someone should have to wear it after hours, since they might get confused with Bruce). Two provisos:

1) Bidders should have to note on the bid sheet who will have to wear the hat. This promotes defensive bidding by designees.

2) The "winning" desiganated hat wearer could be allowed to buy off his hat responsibilities with a matching contribution.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R

Brett, the life-altering event will have more to do with the cavorting-in-the-woods down there.

Most "posted" signs say "trespassers will be shot---suvivors will be shot again!" \:o

J
Lunker
Lunker
J

\:o Why is it after reading this I got a vivid mental image of a squealing Warren Beatty on his knees in the woods?

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I am envisioning a Pink Cowboy Hat Silent Auction item. High bid gets to designate who has to wear the hat for the rest of the conference (at daytime meetings only - no way someone should have to wear it after hours, since they might get confused with Bruce). Two provisos:

1) Bidders should have to note on the bid sheet who will have to wear the hat. This promotes defensive bidding by designees.

2) The "winning" desiganated hat wearer could be allowed to buy off his hat responsibilities with a matching contribution.

Wow, this could get real ugly real fast.

I'm in.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker

\:o Why is it after reading this I got a vivid mental image of a squealing Warren Beatty on his knees in the woods?

You're right Jeff......my bad!

The signs SHOULD read.......................

Most "posted" signs say "trespassers will be shot---suvivors after squealing will be shot again!"

D
Lunker
Lunker
D

Oh fine...pick on the POOR people why dontcha. You're as bad as Sunil and his 500-post rule.

It does sound like a good idea, though. I'll have to ask my pops for an economic stimulus package... err I mean loan... ahead of time.

I'm sure he'd let me work off my debt at the "slave ranch."

M
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
M
Hope your dad continues to do well & has a quick recovery.

Mrs. Mongo here:

Fish Wife & Mrs. Tom G, I very much like your style & believe I could learn alot from you both. Where can I subscribe to the "Husband Management Techniques" newsletter? Money well worth it. I've been doing all of the pond crap, ahem pond stuff, for Mongo -- it has been a one way street as I had no idea that it could be a two way street where I perhaps could benefit. LOL
I look forward to your invaluable tips & handling suggestions as any & all will be greatly apppreciated.

Thank you,
Mrs. Mongo

"Pushing to Please"

Pond Boss Conference Attendee 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 & 2015
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Hey guys, I'm having second thoughts here. Perhaps getting all of the Pond Boss wives together isn't such a great idea. I don't like the sound of a Husband Management Technique newsletter, no good can come from that.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
8ball3290, BradVV, patcinkc, Teg
Recent Posts
Finalizing Plans for Floating Dock and Ramp
by cgmbny - 05/08/24 08:52 AM
Is my feeder toast?
by Boondoggle - 05/07/24 05:14 PM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 05/07/24 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday Augie!
by jludwig - 05/07/24 11:47 AM
Swimming Pond Center Fun Ideas
by tlogan - 05/07/24 07:23 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 05/06/24 09:36 PM
How much feed?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 07:55 PM
My First
by Bill Cody - 05/06/24 07:22 PM
Aquaculture Business/Equipment for Sale (Ohio)
by Theo Gallus - 05/06/24 07:19 PM
Trees on dam
by esshup - 05/06/24 06:08 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by ewest - 05/06/24 01:17 PM
Help building a natural 285,000 clay lined pond
by esshup - 05/06/24 10:39 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
by Tbar, December 10
Deer at Theo's 2023