Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,989
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
3 members (Sunil, phinfan, teehjaeh57), 1,142 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
i've been finding these little trashy lookin fish in my pond.

since i got so many fish i been given em a gulp of beer, throwin em up on the bank and smashin em w/ a shovel, leavin em for the coons. they got little green streaks comin away from their mouths, kind a green and yellow all over, with yellow tipped fins.....i just call them green perch. anybody want to tell me if i'm doin right or wrong?

my friends call me mort, my fish call me master.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
What you are doing is like swatting flies in a barn. Youre not going to see any difference. Those fish are called green sunfish.

Last edited by Ben Venturini; 08/29/08 03:26 PM.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I'm thinking it's nice of you to give them a last drink. Maybe you should offer them a smoke also seeing as it will be their last.

On the other hand, you might be wasting your beer.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Wait 'til JHAP sees this.... \:o

Just do it...
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
I think the technical term for that particular species is "bait".

As a newcomer, Mortimer, some of the less experienced, or perhaps less principled, members here may try to convince you that this is a gamefish. Do not be fooled! The slick graphics, the articulate come-ons, the threats of death from the skies....all make the GSA seemingly irresistable, but in the end, remember, when reduced to their most basic elements, its nothing but a bunch of

"Reckless Enthusiasts of Cyanellus Trying to Utilize Murderous Sunfish".

Lunker
Lunker
"Reckless Enthusiasts of Cyanellus Trying to Utilize Murderous Sunfish"?

Dam near killed 'em.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Yolk, it's time to start lining your house with tin foil, inside and out.

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
mortimer, mortimer, mortimer, please dont waste anymore of that fine pilsner, keep those guys in the pond, cull the BG, and you too can have this:

i have notified the Marshall of the GSA....i fear mortimer that retribution will be swift......yolk, please tread lightly around the campfire my friend, we at the GSA love scrambled eggs...

GSF are people too!

Lunker
Lunker
Mortimer, your only hope is the GSA Death Star's Achilles’ heel. There is a small, easily overlooked thermal port which, if hit directly, will destroy the station. Only a small, one man fighter can get close enough to target it.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Nerd.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Mortimer, I'll deal with you shortly. First I must address some other heritical blasphmy.

Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
I think the technical term for that particular species is "bait".

As a newcomer, Mortimer, some of the less experienced, or perhaps less principled, members here may try to convince you that this is a gamefish. Do not be fooled! The slick graphics, the articulate come-ons, the threats of death from the skies....all make the GSA seemingly irresistable, but in the end, remember, when reduced to their most basic elements, its nothing but a bunch of

"Reckless Enthusiasts of Cyanellus Trying to Utilize Murderous Sunfish".

Less experienced??? Less principled??? And the last part of your post, unbelievable truly, unbelievable. I am saddened that the moderators of this board allow this sort of mindless dribble to be allowed to exist on this forum.

I can see that the GSA has not been active enough in the "education" the masses on this site. I now see that we must make an example that will not be soon forgotten.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: mortimer
since i got so many fish i been given em a gulp of beer, throwin em up on the bank and smashin em w/ a shovel, leavin em for the coons. they got little green streaks comin away from their mouths, kind a green and yellow all over, with yellow tipped fins.....i just call them green perch. anybody want to tell me if i'm doin right or wrong?

You Sir, and I use that term quite loosely here, are obviously not one of the more, how shall I put this, evolved members of this forum. Normally I would give a fledgling member some degree of latitude. I normally figure that the member doesn't know the ropes of this forum and perhaps doesn't yet appreciate the subtle undercurrents that are present in each and every forum thread.

So first an education is in order. It appears what you have in your obviously alcohol impaired hand is a young Green Sunfish. This fish is a marvelous addition to any pond can grow to very good proportions. It is a terrific fighting fish - probably one of the best of the sunfish.

Doubters on this site resort to mocking this magnificent species simply because they are incapable of growing this fish to it's full potential. People mock what they don't understand and/or can't achieve.

As I said normally I would have given you some latitude related to this but your comment...."given em a gulp of beer, throwin em up on the bank and smashin em w/ a shovel, leavin em for the coons".... leaves me with no choice. You have gone too far, way, way too far.

I am forced to immediately dispatch an "Intervention Team" to stop your barbaric practices and "re-educate" you as to the proper care of the almighty Green Sunfish.

You can run, You can hide, however you WILL be found.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
After realizing that Theo had openly disclosed a weakness in the Deathstar, which by the way were are currently in the process of correcting with duct tape and empty beer cans, I decided that it was simply not efficient to send in the Deathstar.

Sometimes, in order to ensure that a job is performed to your complete and total satisfaction, you must personally intervene in a matter of great importance such as this.

I felt that this was one of those cases.

Accordingly I felt obligated to PERSONALLY intervene in this matter.

You will find photographic proof below that the GSA does not merely threaten, we ACT.

I apologize in advance for the violence that is reflected in this photograph.

Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of you. As our slogan so indicates.... "Just Don't Mess With Us."

We have spoken.

WARNING DO NOT PROCEED BELOW THIS LINE UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR VIEWING A PHOTOGRAPH THAT CONTAINS HORRIFIC VIOLENCE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO VIEW THE PHOTOGRAPH BELOW THIS LINE THEN WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM VIEWING THE AFORE MENTIONED PHOTOGRAPH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT MEN WITH WEAK HEARTS, PREGNANT WOMEN, PREGNANT WOMEN WITH WEAK HEARTS AND OF COURSE CHILDREN, CLOSE THIS POST IMMEDIATELY AND NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES VIEW THE PHOTOGRAPH BELOW.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BE CAREFUL HERE, HEED MY WARNING. THIS IS YOUR LAST ATTEMPT TO RETAIN SOME SEMBLANCE OF SANITY! DO NOT PROCEED BELOW THIS LINE UNLESS YOU ARE CAPABLE OF VIEWING HORRIFIC CARNAGE!!!!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
It is with mixed emotion that I feel obligated to report that during this intervention....

Mortimer has DIED.

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you. "Just Don't Mess with Us" is more that just a slogan, it's a way of life for the GSA.

We have spoken.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Lunker
Lunker
Jeff Has a Day Off His Meds.

-S. M. Stirling
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Originally posted by burgermeister:

Quote:

Yolk, it's time to start lining your house with tin foil, inside and out

Originally posted by Theo:
 Quote:

Jeff Has a Day Off His Meds.

That may be, but I'm not taking any chances-I'm breaking out the mylar undies.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Man, JHAP really gets around. I mean, we all knew he was a total freak, but how did he find 'ole mortimer so quickly?

Seems like he even used mortimer's own shovel on him.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Man, JHAP really gets around. I mean, we all knew he was a total freak, but how did he find 'ole mortimer so quickly? Seems like he even used mortimer's own shovel on him.

I will ignore your "total freak" comment for now.

In answer to your question, the GSA has a VERY extensive spy network. We see what we need to see, we know what we want to know.

I have been highly trained to use any readily available material as a weapon. The shovel was there so I used it. Besides it seemed to have a rather "poetic justice" type of flair to terminate Mortimer with the same shovel that he had been using to abuse his Green Sunfish with and to "leave him for the coons" to dispose of. I even went so far as to consume the two remaining unopened bottles of beer that I found in his cooler. I was must say that vengence tastes even better when washed down with couple of cold Heinekens.

So let that be a lesson to the rest of you.... We are watching, we are always watching.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
man, tough crowd,
go figure. no sympathy for mortimer or his family? or has the work of the GSA paid off and everybody adores GSF now......and ol mort got what he deserved?

GSF are people too!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Poor morty.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
...I'm breaking out the mylar undies.

Man, and I thought I was the only one wearing those things. Whew!

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves