Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,005
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
4 members (anthropic, Snipe, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure), 965 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#125303 07/16/08 10:10 PM
D
davatsa Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
I noticed that one of our newest members is none other than JWHAP! Keeping JHAP in line is definitely a tougher gig than what the rest of us face. She should get a five-star rating for that alone!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
davatsa #125307 07/16/08 10:55 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Glad to have you on board.

If we ranked forum members on their biggest coppernose bluegill you would already probably be in the top twenty! \:\)

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Lunker
Lunker
Howdy, JWHAP!

You certainly have one of the most demanding professions. ;\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Welcome Ricki, I don't know whether to offer congratulations or condolences...
Your problem is larger than JHAP, you have to keep all of these other characters in line.
Having known you for only a very short time, you are a long time friend.
Welcome aboard... \:\)
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

george1 #125316 07/17/08 05:42 AM
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Rikki,it was great meeting you and Jeff.Welcome to the forum.That said,how do you have time to get on line?Did you leave Jeff at the airport bar and fly home alone?Questions,there will always be questions

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

george1 #125317 07/17/08 05:45 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Howdy JWHAP,
Really now...in the interest of PC, should it not be RHAP? And further more, would that not also mean that your spouse should be more accurately acronym'd as RHHAP? I mean, let's face it; we all know who controls the ding dongs, don't we?
-
...good ta have ya on board, m'dear

Brettski #125379 07/17/08 11:16 AM
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Traitors and freaks one and all.

Some clarification is in order so here goes:

JWHAP vs RHAP:
She registered without me even knowing it and chose her own screen name PC or not. Since I had been referring to her as JWHAP I'd imagine that is why she chose that. I didn't have any influence on that.

On moderation:
She is a good personal moderator. A small percentage of my material I run by her before posting. I only do this if I think that I am really, really, really, pushing the bounderies of policital correctness, good taste, or dimented humor. On a few occasions she has requested that I modify my potential post for the betterment of mankind. Usually, but not always, I comply.

On keeping JHAP "in line":
This is non-existent in our marriage other that the "martial vows" kinda stuff. We ommitted the "obey" kinda stuff in our hand written vows, neither one of us wanted to "obey" another. I freely admit that my adventures and antics get us in to some very, how shall I put it, "unusual" circumstances occasionally. She will freely admit that she enjoys the vast majority of our adventures.

Things some of you may or may not know about Ricki:
She is an RN that specializes in Neonatal Intensive Care. She is very good at her profession having honored as "Nurse of the Year" at the hospital she works at. She was asked (actually seriously pressured) to be the Neonatal Department Head, she declined the position because it would have involved too much politics which she doesn't care for.

She is a complete and self admitted techie geek. I could write a 10,000 word essay on all the techie stuff she does. Here are some three notables: (1) As most of you know I'm am CPA, she builds our computers systems from scratch and they are loaded with high tech stuff (multiple switchable hard disk drives, etc, etc). (2)She purchased a bunch of broken laptops on Ebay and from parts assembled a working one, I think that when all was said and done it cost us a hundred bucks or so. (3)She bought a one-use video camera on Ebay (for under $20) and tore it apart and hacked into it such that we can now download the video and record on it over and over again).

She loves mechanical things as well. When we were restoring cars she (and I do mean she alone) completely rewired her 66 Mustang 2+2 fastback, unsatisfied with a stock configuration she added power windows and a killer stereo.

And yes she puts up with JHAP and for that she deserves countless awards, honors, trophies, honorary degrees, and lots of "Captains and Cokes."

Welcome to the forums "Ri", we are ALL glad you're here.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
You go girl. Glad you will now be able to join the fun. Jeff is a lucky guy.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
heybud #125383 07/17/08 11:41 AM
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Good job JW and J - HAPs.

ewest #125388 07/17/08 12:13 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Jeff...
tell the B-day present story

heybud #125390 07/17/08 12:18 PM
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
WOW. I thought I'd slip in under the radar and join to be able to thank you all for welcoming us to Texas and tell you what a great time I had at the conference.

I got so caught in in reading some of the more informative posts that I never got around to thanking you all yesterday. This forum is just full of it - information I mean.

I met so many friends in Texas and I can not wait until we can get together again.

As a side note, Jeff is not the only lucky one in our marriage. Every day is an adventure with him and I'm just loving be able to be along for the ride.

JWHAP #125394 07/17/08 12:27 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...but
what's your position on Green Sunfish?

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
If we ranked forum members on their biggest coppernose bluegill you would already probably be in the top twenty! \:\)

Thank you so much for your help at the Lusk Lodge 2. Catching that fish was one of the many many highlights I had this past weekend. Jeff was not kidding when he said you are a fish whisperer.

george1 #125396 07/17/08 12:37 PM
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: george1
Welcome Ricki, I don't know whether to offer congratulations or condolences...

I accept both George.

Your problem is larger than JHAP, you have to keep all of these other characters in line.

Unfortunately, keeping track of Jeff is a full time job. The rest of you are on your own.

Having known you for only a very short time, you are a long time friend.

George, meeting you and getting your help and advise on fly fishing and tying was another one of the high points of my trip to Texas. You are truely a gem and a great inspiration to us all.

TOM G #125397 07/17/08 12:40 PM
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
That said,how do you have time to get on line?Did you leave Jeff at the airport bar and fly home alone? Questions,there will always be questions

Living with Jeff I have learned to never question anything. I do not think I'd be able to handle the truth.

Brettski #125399 07/17/08 12:46 PM
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Howdy JWHAP,
Really now...in the interest of PC, should it not be RHAP? And further more, would that not also mean that your spouse should be more accurately acronym'd as RHHAP? I mean, let's face it; we all know who controls the ding dongs, don't we?
-
...good ta have ya on board, m'dear

Brettski. I suppose looking back I could have slipped in under the radar if I were to have chosen RHAP as my screen name. Where were you yesterday?!?! And, to set the record straight, I prefer Ho Hos.

JWHAP #125401 07/17/08 12:54 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: JWHAP
...And, to set the record straight, I prefer Ho Hos.

-
(me too)

Brettski #125402 07/17/08 12:54 PM
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
...but
what's your position on Green Sunfish?

Love them greenies, and the Sargent in Arms of the GSA too.

heybud #125403 07/17/08 12:57 PM
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: heybud
You go girl. Glad you will now be able to join the fun. Jeff is a lucky guy.

Bonnie is such a wonderful person. Tell her we hope everything goes well for you.

JWHAP #125410 07/17/08 01:56 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Many of you may not know, but JWHAP/Rikki is a Pennsylvanian and her family lives within about an hour from my pond.

Generally, we don't export our lovely ladies, but in JHAP's case, we approved it 'cause that guy needs all the help he can get, plus he threatened to move to PA if she didn't go to CA.

Welcome aboard JWHAP!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Sunil #125445 07/17/08 07:43 PM
Lunker
Lunker
Ricki it was a PLEASURE meeting the woman behind the man.

Thanks for not laughing at my fly casting!

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
Thanks for not laughing at my fly casting!

Ditto \:\)

Brettski #125457 07/17/08 09:04 PM
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Jeff...
tell the B-day present story

Ok the birthday present story:

As some of you know Ricki and I use to resto-mod hot rods and musclecars. The resto-mod techinque is a blend of restoration (in which only factory parts or direct replicas of factory parts are used) and modification (in which anything goes). With restomod (at least the way in which we pursued it) we attempted to leave the body of the car unmolested - so the car looked like stock, but upgrade other systems of the car (brakes, cooling, sometimes interior, etc, etc). We built several cars using this technique with good reviews (one of my cars one best of class in all but one show that it was entered it).

These were no mere show cars, we drove'm like we stole'm --- as I think any good musclecar or hot rod should be. There were no trailer queens in our stable.

Anyhoo, keeping that in mind, one particular car that we built for Ricki was a 1966, Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback. A beautiful fire engine red car with a black interior. As I mentioned earlier this was the car that Ricki re-wired bumper to bumper.

This project was occuring during the year of her 40th birthday. So since it was a milestone birthday I told her I wanted to do something very special for this birthday. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday.

So she gave me a list and I shopped for it, gathered all of the presents together and wrapped them up.

We went over to my Mom & Dads house to celebrate her birthday. We had the traditional cake and in accordance with Admiralty and Maritime Law we sang the happy birthday song to her.

So it comes time to open presents. Mom and Dad bought Ricki a nice watch or necklace or something like that. My sister bought her some nice bath soap or perfume or some such thing.

And then Ricki gets to my presents. She tears open the huge box and in it is an Edlebrock Manifold, a Holley Carburetor and a set of Ford Racing valve covers.

I thought my Mom was going to kill me. You'd have though I bought Ricki a floor scrubbing machine. Man was my Mom peaved. She felt as though I bought Ricki a present that I wanted but the truth was that I bought Ricki EXACTLY what she asked for right down to the exact model manifold and carb that she requested. The valve covers I just threw in for good measure.

Dad was completely happy given that he was a die hard hotrodder - he clapped me on the back and said "Great Job Son." But it took me quite a while to convince Mom and my sister that I got Ricki what she wanted. It also took Dad and I four or five years to get us added back into the will.

After that I learned to give Ricki car parts in the privacy of our home. In front of Mom and Sister, give her some traditional girly gift. Then tell Dad what she actually got.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

And that is the birthday story.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

I thought my Mom was going to kill me. You'd have though I bought Ricki a floor scrubbing machine.

...they still make them things?

Brettski #125500 07/17/08 10:17 PM
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
...they still make them things?

Yes and don't ask me how I know.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Snipe - 04/28/24 11:22 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...