Pond Boss
Posted By: jbrown2004 Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/09/14 03:48 PM
looking for ag lime suppliers near Hattiesburg Mississippi or mobile Alabama. delivery only.

thanks
JB
Posted By: Rainman Re: Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/09/14 04:09 PM
jb, Mississippi Lime Company is a huge supplier. Most any co-op or farm feed store will have ag lime and spreaders. 10 years ago, where I am, I paid $10/ton with a 10 ton minimum...delivered and slinger spread. I'm sure the price has likely doubled since then because of fuel prices.
thanks
Posted By: esshup Re: Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/10/14 02:21 AM
Rex, I just got a quote for ag pelletized lime in a cart to pull behind a tractor. $21/ton including the cart. The cart will hold 5 tons at a time. This is for liming a field, not a sling truck.
Posted By: djstauder Re: Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/10/14 02:09 PM
JB,
I get mine from Circle T Fertilizer just south of Poplarville. Last order last spring was $60/ton with 5 ton minimum delivered and "slung" into pond.

1817 Mississippi 26, Poplarville, MS 39470
(601) 795-2506
Posted By: fishtruck Re: Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/10/14 03:45 PM
I am still having a hard time finding somebody to do less than a full load (20 ton) and the only spreader was to the sides not towards the back? I really only need a few ton per the 2 ponds. I am in the LaGrange, Tx area.

I even told my neighbor I would Lime his pond for free but he didn't think it needed it. I guess I could just drive it all around my property?

Rob C
thanks djstauder, ill give them a call.

fishtruck,

im sure you know this, but unless cost is an issue, go ahead and use all of it in your ponds. you cant overlime by using Ag Lime.

JB
Posted By: fishtruck Re: Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/11/14 12:59 AM
JB2004, I was thinking that would be ok the problem is I can't seem to find a thrower that isn't side to side and not just back directional.

I guess I will look around more in the spring?

Rob C
Fishtruck

Davis feed in BuffaloTex delivers lime not sure how far they truck it

Pat W
Posted By: fishtruck Re: Ag Lime Supplier SE Miss or SW Alabama - 12/11/14 04:59 AM
Thanks Pat I will look into that!

Rob C
© Pond Boss Forum