Pond Boss
Posted By: Bassman70 Weeds and chara gone......no bloom?? - 06/23/11 09:39 PM
Hello PB folks!
I treated my 6 acre pond on June 2, and June 10 with Navigate for EWM.....it's fallen out. Treated for chara with Cutrine Plus and its all down. Problem is, I haven't gotten a phytoplankton bloom. My visibility is 48" with a secchi disc. PH is 7.8 tested with my pool chemicals. I assumed that taking out that much vegetation, FA, and Chara would stimulate a bloom. I really need to know what to do. Should I fertilize to start a bloom? Hellllllllllllllpppp!
Thanks
Mark
Posted By: ewest Re: Weeds and chara gone......no bloom?? - 06/24/11 02:49 PM
What is your alkalinity ? I would wait a little longer to make the decision on fert.
Posted By: Bassman70 Re: Weeds and chara gone......no bloom?? - 06/25/11 05:14 AM
I'm getting the alkalinity checked tomorrow...will follow up then. Thanks!
Posted By: Bassman70 Re: Weeds and chara gone......no bloom?? - 06/25/11 11:21 PM
Total alkalinity is 70ppm. What is the reason for waiting to decide on fertilizing? I'm learning a bit at a time. Thanks for your responses.
Mark
Posted By: ewest Re: Weeds and chara gone......no bloom?? - 06/26/11 12:18 AM
To be sure that the herbicide is not still active when you fert. and to be sure there is not already enough nutrients without the fert. If there are enough natural nutrients and the reason there is no bloom is the active herbicide and you dump in a bunch more fert you could have a real mess and risk a DO event when the herbicide is no longer active.

See this from the archive.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=96127#Post96127
© Pond Boss Forum