Pond Boss
Posted By: nvcdl Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/21/19 04:38 PM

Anyone know of a source to get F1 (or other Northern/Florida cross) bass in Virginia?
Posted By: ewest Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/21/19 05:30 PM
Check with Dave Beasley

http://www.solitudelakemanagement.com/
Posted By: nvcdl Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/21/19 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest

Never got a reply last time I inquired with them. More a do-it-yourselfer in any event...
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/21/19 09:57 PM
Greg Grimes? BTW, the fish stockers are mostly through for the year.
Posted By: nvcdl Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/22/19 12:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Greg Grimes? BTW, the fish stockers are mostly through for the year.

Looks like there are a couple outfits that will be making fish deliveries at Tractor Supply and other locations in VA this Sept but I'm not sure any of them have F1 bass.

I may wait until spring anyway to add any additional bass. I suspect as the watershield dies off in the fall the existing bass will fatten up on any smaller fish in the pond. Might add more bluegill with the expectation a lot will be eaten as forage.
Posted By: ewest Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/22/19 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: nvcdl

Never got a reply last time I inquired with them. More a do-it-yourselfer in any event...

Tell them the Pond Boss people are wondering why there was no reply.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/22/19 10:34 PM
I've had no dealings with Solitude people, but have noticed much the same thing with other pond businesses. They are often bad about returning calls, texts, emails, etc. The philosophy seems to be that customer communication is a low priority, even when it is promised.

Not all pond companies operate this way, by any means. But more than you'd think.
Posted By: nvcdl Re: Source for F1 bass in Virginia - 08/23/19 01:38 AM
Originally Posted By: nvcdl

Tell them the Pond Boss people are wondering why there was no reply.

I don't think providing fish is their main business model. They might do it as part of a package but doubt they could mark up the cost of fish enough to make it worth their while.
© Pond Boss Forum