Pond Boss
Posted By: crayfish88 looking for crayfish - 09/10/09 05:50 PM
hi, all,

I am new here, and try to look for various crayfish source, is there anyone can help, the spieces we look is cambarus sp. ex. Manningi, diogens(devil crayfish)or Orconectes sp. ex: Durelli ,erichsonianus, compresus..etc., pls contact with me at tony1115@gmail.com,

tks
ps:if I put on wrong forum, pls adjust me, tks!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: looking for crayfish - 09/10/09 08:50 PM
I am not familiar with any of those species. Someone in TX may be able to better help you. Are you using them for research or pond stocking as forage food?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: looking for crayfish - 09/10/09 08:52 PM
C88, very few of us know much about mud bugs. We usually consider them as forage. I expect that you've been in contact with TAMU?
Posted By: esshup Re: looking for crayfish - 09/11/09 02:28 AM
I was looking for some crayfish to put in the pond and found out that it's the wrong time of year - they aren't available now. I don't know if that appllies to your specific species tho.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: looking for crayfish - 09/11/09 02:25 PM
Might call Dr. Richard O. Anderson, near Houston. He's a legendary fisheries biologist who did lots of crayfish work in Missouri. Send me an email and I'll put you in touch with him.
Posted By: crayfish88 Re: looking for crayfish - 09/12/09 08:05 PM
hi, Bill,

tks ur response, I treat them as pet aquarium, and doing some reserch with their behavior.

br.
Posted By: crayfish88 Re: looking for crayfish - 09/12/09 08:30 PM
tks! Bob

my intention is pet aquarium, not forage or other purpose, watching & recording their behavior, and try to breed them as hobbies only. Just too many spieces hard to do, so try here to find someone can help in collection, tks!
© Pond Boss Forum