Pond Boss
Posted By: tallryan610 New Pond Record - 04/19/19 02:42 PM
Caught this big girl this morning near shore about 8 feet away from a PVC tree in a shallow cove. 4lb 4oz

Not the biggest bass in the world but a dandy for me! Have only been managing the pond since August 2017. That year the biggest bass caught was 12oz. Last year the record was 3lb 6oz. I have added lots of habitat and BGs, BGs, BGs, and more BGs to feed the bass.

I have been feeding the BG and HBG that I stocked a year ago, they were 3" when I bought them. They get AM MVP every night.

My 5 year old has caught 43 BG this week which has really got him into fishing.

Attached picture IMG_3392.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3346.jpg
Posted By: RC51 Re: New Pond Record - 04/19/19 02:54 PM
That's awesome Ryan good looking fish!! That BG looks like a cross maybe, or it could be a big ole GSF. Either way they are fun to catch. I love watching my kids catch fish. They don't know it but if I look back on it some of their biggest smiles on their face are from hunting and fishing!! Good job man!!

RC
Posted By: tallryan610 Re: New Pond Record - 04/19/19 03:13 PM
I’m 99% positive that is one of the HBG I stocked. They have lots of orange on their bottom sides. Definitely has some GSF in his DNA. We have some big BG too, a lot of them are getting in that 3/4 - 1Lb size range now.
© Pond Boss Forum