Pond Boss
Posted By: Bugs Getting rid of sunfish not greens though - 01/26/19 04:42 AM
Walleye pond with few but large perch and bluegill's

Walleyes 7-26 inches no stock be sides original 9 years ago
Perch largest was 16 average is 13
Bluegill average was 9 largest was 13.5

Then the hybirds came and they r over taking it no walleye Perch or bluegill caught all last year we want no hybirds or as few as possible re stock ture bluegill's and few new large wild female walleyes and males and then Seine perch from a pond that they where produced for meat as well as adding a large forage base will minnows and shiners what else should I do there's a large cray fish population and the pond it 18 foot depth with an aerator
Posted By: ewest Re: Getting rid of sunfish not greens though - 01/26/19 03:46 PM
Watch and monitor this spring for reproduction. You may need another/more predator at some point to crop the BG. YP augmentation stocked at 6-8 inches or larger may be an option.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Getting rid of sunfish not greens though - 01/26/19 04:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Bugs
.....Then the hybirds came and they r over taking it no walleye Perch or bluegill caught all last year ....

Bugs,

What do you mean by hybrids? Can you post a picture of one?
Posted By: Bugs Re: Getting rid of sunfish not greens though - 01/27/19 04:21 AM
Sorry Bill I don't have any right now but I can describe them there very thick fish with big mouths but smaller than a greens but the have orange fins and usally kinds of striped with a little of the electric blue ik fosure there not PS GSF OR PURE BG
© Pond Boss Forum