Pond Boss
I was planning on trying to assess some of the fish population in my pond. I was wanting to determine the relative weight. I do not have a scale at this time but went to the local Walmart to look for one. They did have digital scales but they were for fish up to 50 pounds. I question the accuracy of assessing fish 5 pounds and under. Does anyone know of a Good scale traditional or digital that has a history of being accurate for a weighing fish 5-10 pounds and under. Thanks
I use digital food scales - cost around $15 at any big box store. I use a colander on top to hold the fish. These food scales are great when I am targeting panfish WR measurements.
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I use digital food scales - cost around $15 at any big box store. I use a colander on top to hold the fish. These food scales are great when I am targeting panfish WR measurements.

+1 I use the same. Works great for panfish. A little more challenging weighing a fish a couple of feet long. For that, I substitute a small tote for the colander and let the fish hang over the edges.
Baby scale for me. The plastic tray is easy to wet before you put the fish on it, and most will handle a 24-26" fish.
Postal scales for me that can also run on batteries. That way you can put it in the boat with you or anywhere around the pond. Any little plastic tote will set on top. Just "zero" the scale out with the tub already on it. I carry a plastic "seamstress" tape in my pocket for measuring
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Harbor Freight scale for me. Put a tray on it.
I tried to get a relative weighed, but my uncle objected.
Originally Posted By: anthropic
I tried to get a relative weighed, but my uncle objected.

laugh
© Pond Boss Forum