Pond Boss
Posted By: Klinger715 T-bar fish Tags - 09/10/18 04:33 PM
Anyone knows where to get fish tags? My first kit was given as a gift so I don't know the brand. I have tagged 100 already and need more tags (201-300). Tagging is so easy and the data really keeps you informed on the bass WR. I used a spreadsheet to collect and graph the data. Now I will be sorting out WR between summer and winter WR. This may tell me how to adjust my "frying pan bass" catch? My WR overall is 103.8% for new tagged and "repeat offenders" catch.
Posted By: JKS3613 Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/10/18 06:26 PM
I just ordered a tagging kit from lakework.com. Its a company run by someone here on Pond boss, I believe. They have extra tags and everything related.
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/10/18 06:29 PM
For us newbies, can you post a pic of a tagged fish? I'm interested in seeing where it's placed.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/10/18 07:57 PM
Lakework would be Greg Grimes of Ball Ground Georgia. haven't seen him here for several years.

Good guy.
Posted By: Klinger715 Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/11/18 01:03 PM
After some research, I believe mine came from Lakework. On the process of tagging. Go to Lakeworks website and they have videos of how to tag fish. I believe tagging is one step in a good management plan for long term fishery. Tags are not cheap, but neither are fishing lures! You can tell the males from the female by the growth rate of the repeated fish you catch with some degree of accuracy. It makes you go fish!
Thanks for the reply's- Fish On!
Posted By: TxBrewer Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/11/18 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Clay N' Pray
For us newbies, can you post a pic of a tagged fish? I'm interested in seeing where it's placed.

Posted By: Clay N' Pray Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/11/18 08:32 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: TxBrewer Re: T-bar fish Tags - 09/11/18 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Clay N' Pray
Thanks!

I don't know if that is the "right" place to put a tag just saw that picture on lakework's website and used it. Thinking I may do this once I thin the herd on my pond.
© Pond Boss Forum