Pond Boss
Posted By: kingfish Population Problem - 02/03/18 04:43 PM
Our private lake s located in central Alabama just east of I-65. It is 75 acres with deep (30') and shallow flats. Realitive weights of bass are excellent. Northern Bass were present when the lake was built 16 years ago and F1's were introduced a few years later. Our problem is we have too many bass under 14" in lenght.

This spring when our algae bloom is established we are interested in a commercial shocking companiy trading live bass (14" and under) for shocking at no charge to us.

If you are interested in this please contact me.

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishng tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Population Problem - 02/05/18 02:00 PM
kingfish, I wish you the best of luck, but that might be a tough sell. Whoever took the LMB would either have to have another customer already lined up to buy them, or the LMB would have to be feed while the electroshocking vendor waited for a customer that wants them. Since your LMB are forage fed and not pellet fed, then the bartered LMB would have to be forage fed also. That brings $$$ into play for the ES vendor.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Posted By: Flame Re: Population Problem - 02/05/18 02:38 PM
I have wondered about selling large cnbg to someone who needed some. I am sure I have more than I will ever need. But... correct me if I am wrong. In Texas wouldn't you need a Retail Fish Dealers License?? How much is one of those license now??
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Population Problem - 02/06/18 01:17 PM
Flame, Bob Lusk has started a facebook program on Wednesday afternoons and I seem to remember he made a comment that he may be interested in buying some larger sized bg and or other fish. Might be worth a pm to see and you might ck with Todd Overton for any interest in buying some grown out sized CNBG.
Posted By: Flame Re: Population Problem - 02/06/18 03:17 PM
Thanks Tracy
Posted By: ewest Re: Population Problem - 02/09/18 03:00 PM
You might be able to get a free electroshock. Easiest way I know to catch larger BG for sale with a pond full of water.
© Pond Boss Forum