Pond Boss
Posted By: Bugs Are they kind of the same - 07/23/17 07:36 PM
So I know that hybird strip bass are used for multiply things one being to control bluegills by eat small ones allowing bigger ones to be breeders or something in that nature so there is a gravel pit pond that is 12 acres weedy and up to 20 feet deep my question would enough white bass do the same thing with the blue gill the pond is Hugh and one person fishing can't control the blue gills and I keep 6 plus and cull any thing elsethe yellow perch are malnourished like there head is thicker than their bodies and large mouth bass the biggest I have seen is about 12 inches thanks for any imput
Posted By: anthropic Re: Are they kind of the same - 07/23/17 08:20 PM
A dozen muskie, or tiger muskie, might be fun. Would clean house on stunted BG, YP, and LMB. White bass wouldn't work nearly as well due to limited mouth gape.
Posted By: Bugs Re: Are they kind of the same - 07/23/17 09:24 PM
The reason I said hits bass was cause I love eating panfish so with bigger fish like pike Muskie could eat those bigger panfish I like to catch and the bass aren't stunted there just isn't that may and same with the perch we usually catch 2-3 every time we fish in any size ranger but I know the HBS can eat lots of those younger over population of blue gills and what they don't get big enough for me to try to catch and keep so I was also thinking that silence I can't cover the whole pond that bring in some new large mouth genetics with help them get bigger but for now I will keep letting bass and perch go and remove every blue gill thanks for imput anthropic
© Pond Boss Forum