Pond Boss
Had about 50 Disadvantaged and handicapped persons this year fishing in the event. Removed over a 1K of biomass. Tax break of just over $2600 according to accounting service.
Sad part is I have come to learn there is people every year I will not see again. Was informed at lunch today of another participant that has passed.

Attached is a few photos.

Cooking up Catfish Fillets , Hush Puppies and Fries

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture 8.jpg
Attached picture 9.jpg
Posted By: Tums Re: Population Adjustment w/ cause (+tax break) - 05/11/17 08:27 PM
More pics

Attached picture 10.jpg
Attached picture 11.jpg
Attached picture 12.jpg
Attached picture 13.jpg
Attached picture 14.jpg
Posted By: Zep Re: Population Adjustment w/ cause (+tax break) - 05/11/17 08:45 PM
That's really nice Tums... smile
How righteous Tums, May God bless You well beyond the tax breaks!
That's great you can do that. It is a nice pond and sitting as well.
Posted By: CMM Re: Population Adjustment w/ cause (+tax break) - 05/11/17 10:36 PM
Awesome Tums! I worked for over 5 years with people who had developmental disabilities and/or head injuries. It is very rewarding, and boy did some of those people love to fish. Thank you and God Bless you for serving these people up a real good time and an excellent meal too.
Tums you are doing great work there...thank you for your kindness and generosity!
Thanks for the kind remarks. Just to be clear it is not about me or the tax break. One of the biggest reasons I always post on here is to put the thought out there to others who may decide they would wish to do something similar.

Below is a pic the Man that Passed Yesterday. He had a kind heart and was a forgiving man. I can not say how I would have been able to handle his situation. TW's story is he had a leg amputated by an Illegal Immigrant driving while intoxicated. He seen the car driving errantly coming at him and had pulled of the highway on his motorcycle. The vehicle left the highway as it approached him severing his leg at the knee between the car and the motorcycle. A witness was able to use his belt as a tourniquet to help save his life. He recovered from this to return to work because he did not want to live life on a disability check. While he was rewarded a sum for the accident the Illegal Immigrant did not have a job, insurance, or any other means to pay compensation. TW could actually joke about how he could be standing in line (on his new leg) at Wal-Mart buying his bologna and look up to see the Female Illegal Immigrant paying for steak on her EBT Card at the register next to him. I often wondered if dying on the Medevac Helicopter and being brought back to life made this man appreciate Life so much that things that would bother normal people did not matter as much. In the end a complication with a ruptured artery is what took him on.
RIP TW

Attached picture TW.jpg
Always good to keep things in perspective! Thank you!
Wow. Not even sure what to say about that story.
© Pond Boss Forum