Pond Boss
Posted By: TGW1 CNBG, where did the big ones go - 05/27/16 01:17 PM
One my 3.5 acre pond where I feed using 3 TH feeders, I have noticed a change @ one of the feeders recently. I was seeing many CNBG in the 5 to 7" range along with some bigger ones. But in the last 2 weeks I am now seeing 3 and 4" cnbg @ one feeder and no to few bigger cnbg where I used to see a lot of big ones. I believe these smaller ones were spawned back in February and I am catching some 1/2" cnbg in the minnow traps now. So I have had another spawn a short time back. My question is where have the bigger ones gone? This is only taking place @ one of the feeders. Any ideas ? I am thinking they might be spawning but in past spawns, I never remember seeing only small ones @ the feeders @ that time. And I am not seeing any changes @ the other feeders.

Thoughts?

Tracy
Posted By: djstauder Re: CNBG, where did the big ones go - 05/27/16 01:42 PM
I notice that the large BG become less attracted to the feeders when spawning; not sure if it just before, during, or just after the full moon. I still see plenty of smaller (<7") near the feeder during those times.
Posted By: highflyer Re: CNBG, where did the big ones go - 05/27/16 01:46 PM
Agreed, check your spawning areas, I bet you find them there.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: CNBG, where did the big ones go - 05/27/16 02:30 PM
Thanks guys, that is what I was thinking, But?? I see no reason they could be anywhere else, but I was not sure because with the 18" of green water and the steep banks, and the spawning beds being on sandy underwater points where I can not see spawning beds. I was not sure about what or where they might be?

Thanks

Tracy
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: CNBG, where did the big ones go - 05/27/16 02:40 PM
Tracy, I'm seeing the same thing and can only blame spawning. When I fish I only catch BG up to 7 inches.
Posted By: RC51 Re: CNBG, where did the big ones go - 05/27/16 04:05 PM
Yup same here right now! I have also noticed my bigger CNBG spawn out deeper then I thought at some points! I have them blowing up on me about 15 feet out in front of my doc one time last year couldn't believe it!! They were all about 50 yards from the feeder in the same area spawning in about 6 or 7 feet of water..... So don't think they will always be noticeable in the shore at spawn time cause sometimes mine are not....

RC
© Pond Boss Forum